Dr Laura GP #2 will sell ya SPF for the right fee but on the beg to reno the gaff for free

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nope she’s moved on....On the beg for kitchen lights now and bedding 🙄🙄

complete with @tag to the specific companies....this annoys me more so than anything else. It’s actual begging.
Exactly.

Do you know what most of us do (and many of us with far less disposable income and/or public profile) when we want to renovate/decorate? We use Google. Look online. Visit shops. Read reviews. Do research about products/companies. Then, we fork up the cash ourselves! Shocking!!

We've been doing up our house for over a year and funnily enough that's how we have managed. We need to get doors and a carpet now. I don't really post on Instagram and I definitely don't do stories. I got some recommendations from real life friends. Maybe I should do a story, tag some companies and I'll get them for free?! Oh no wait, I'm a nobody so that wouldn't work. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

It's so transparent that it's actually insulting. And we all then pay a bloody premium because these people get freebies. She's running a medi-cosmetic clinic with high fees and selling expensive product. I believe from here that the husband has a well paid job. But she won't buy her own kitchen because it might cut into the holiday budget and she'd only be able to go away twice or something instead of four times in a few months.

RANT OVER. I'm just over them all today!!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Couldn’t agree more. This one is the worst. Look at my free / heavily discounted kitchen - now I need lights and bedding, anyone got any ideas? Most obvious begging!
I see comments on here sometimes that I think are unfair - like an influencer can’t even mention anything without being accused of begging, but in Dr Laura’s case it seems to be true! She has no shame at all

Reactions: 8
Cant get over the level of beg 🙄🤣 even down to giving the actual dimensions of her bedding, I'm so mortified for her

• Wow
New to this thread and glad to have found it as I’ve felt unsettled for ages by how Dr Laura trades on the kudos of her GP training and standing as a medical professional to flog crap, give poor advice, and beg for stuff on Instagram, usually without declaring what are basically ads. How she gets away with it I just can’t fathom. Sorry if it’s been asked before but has there ever been mention of the regulating professional bodies….are medics even allowed to do what she does on Instagram?

Reactions: 12
New to this thread and glad to have found it as I’ve felt unsettled for ages by how Dr Laura trades on the kudos of her GP training and standing as a medical professional to flog crap, give poor advice, and beg for stuff on Instagram, usually without declaring what are basically ads. How she gets away with it I just can’t fathom. Sorry if it’s been asked before but has there ever been mention of the regulating professional bodies….are medics even allowed to do what she does on Instagram?
Very good question I would like to know the same. Are medics allowed to behave this this on instragram. Surely it should be regulated.

Reactions: 5
Me again - genuine unloaded question….are there different rules covering Instagram promotions/ads/gifted items in Ireland compared to the UK? Because it’s fairly obvious on her new kitchen grid post that some stuff was gifted freebies or generously discounted in exchange (officially requested by brands or not is moot) for her posting it on her grid.

In the UK the requirements of the Advertising Standards Authority are that it would need to be declared and clearly marked as an #ad. But dear Dr Laura has just tucked a bijou #collab in her stream of hashtags. And I’ve noticed other Irish influencers not always declaring stories/posts about what are clearly gifted items as ads.

Laura’s kitchen grid post is IMO far from transparent, otherwise known as #shadyasf***

Reactions: 11
Those screenshots have really shocked me, I cannot believe that she thought that was an acceptable comment to make as a woman, let alone as a GP, and as someone else said that's a first port of call for a lot of women who are in domestic violence situations.

Absolute shame on her, I'm shocked. To not even come back on and discuss how her thoughtless comments might have impacted a DV sufferer makes the situation worse. Use it as a learning opportunity and apologise for your thoughtlessness, awful woman.

Reactions: 7
How has not made an apology about her comments.... it DISTURBING as a women she should hang her head in SHAME I hope her daughters never find themselves as a victim of DV

The begging is horrific has she no shame I have loads of friends doctors in different fields and none of the are all over Instagram begging!...

Someone one should gift her equitte classes to teach her manners or how to behave in public!!!!
And not to insult women going through hell....

I'm not regularly on so rant over

How many more pictures of the Lola/kitchen/drawer handles do we have to be subjected to?

Reactions: 2
Do you remember when she thought that she looked like Kate Middleton from face onwards? 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Do you remember when she thought that she looked like Kate Middleton from face onwards?

Notions that one no more than living in SALTHILL... fecking upper rahoon she's living.

Shes getting on me big time these days

Reactions: 3
A freebie from the

A freebie from the distributor if she's planning on buying or hiring a machine for the clinic? Will she end up with loss of fat or volume in her face? Its a documented risk with ultherapy. Laura has shown how setting up a skin clinic is a easy way to get freebies and heavly discounted products.
I don't think I'd even want it for free after reading some of the accounts on Real Self etc. Already saggy enough from yo-yo dieting!

Should her list recent reel on her kitchen (latest post) not include #ad etc to show items were gifted? I’m not fully up to date with the advertising rules here in Ireland but just curious

Reactions: 4
Styling a bleeping coffee table mother of god in most houses it’s either dinner, tea, wine or feet on a coffee table in a lived in house! duck off begging and while I’m on one, duck off flaring the nostrils in our faces

Reactions: 7
Am blocked , but I’ve a kids the same age as hers and the baby is the same age as my youngest , and I know what would happen with that “styled” coffee table , baskets would be fucked out to play trains 🤣🤣

Reactions: 4
Me again - genuine unloaded question….are there different rules covering Instagram promotions/ads/gifted items in Ireland compared to the UK? Because it’s fairly obvious on her new kitchen grid post that some stuff was gifted freebies or generously discounted in exchange (officially requested by brands or not is moot) for her posting it on her grid.

In the UK the requirements of the Advertising Standards Authority are that it would need to be declared and clearly marked as an #ad. But dear Dr Laura has just tucked a bijou #collab in her stream of hashtags. And I’ve noticed other Irish influencers not always declaring stories/posts about what are clearly gifted items as ads.

Laura’s kitchen grid post is IMO far from transparent, otherwise known as #shadyasf***
I did a bit of searching and I think this is the place to report influencers in Ireland, https://www.asai.ie/make-a-complaint/make-a-complaint/
Also from the ASAI: https://www.asai.ie/wp-content/uplo...nfluencer-Marketing-Communications-Feb-21.pdf

Reactions: 5
Looking at her stories today...I'm really starting to wonder what kind of sadist wants to indulge in these 'skincare treatments'. Today she is having some kind of procedure where she looks like she has just come out of the Olympic boxing ring and is covered in her own blood...a few weeks ago she had a procedure where she joked she looked like the victim of domestic abuse. Personally I don't have enough down time to be constantly I recovery from procedures like that...I just want a nice face cream

Reactions: 6
She's a bit rough looking after today's torture:eek:. I'd say she'll be in pain tomorrow. And red as hell. Not to mention when the peeling starts. Gonna be sore. How will she know, in a few month's, which treatments worked best? Provided they do actually work!?

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.