Dr Jessica Taylor #4 Consent is for losers, not for me. Ignore that journalist spilling the tea.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she’s trying to go down the road about everyday sexism and micro-aggression. Again, other people have been doing that much more brilliantly for a long time, and with humour!

I just looked at her Facebook. It’s so cringe how she churns out multiple bizarre self-congratulatory posts about how she’s this lone wolf, revolutionary, warrior every day. It’s a bit like Britney with the twirling: a few fangirls giving it “yas queen!” while everyone else is thinking wtf?! Nothing she says or does is revolutionary, it’s just a recycled mashup of various tidbits she knows provokes a response from vulnerable women and victims.

Reactions: 5
She is just recycling other peoples ideas. And, I suspect, doing a lot of damage to several movements in the process. What’s the saying? “A little knowledge is a dangerous thing”. Something like that. She is definitely doing damage to the psych survivor activist movement. There are many valid points to be made (that ARE being made by others) about the medicalisation of distress and the diagnosis of PD given to traumatised women. But she is just swooping in with her whole “all mental illness is completely fictional” line and removing any sense of considered nuance. So completely enraging.

Reactions: 6
Seems the gift manufacturing industry is misogynistic now, it's just something printed on a mug Jess FFS, 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️ ... imagine a woman who struggled with fertility problems for years, finally gets the child she so desperately wanted. Then gets a gift from her child telling her she's their world, only for "Dr" know it all to come along and belittle something that would mean everything to her!
Oh please, she's just jealous her kids dont send her anything like that,

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh God I'm, just so sick of hearing her banging on about 'misogyny' and 'patriarchal'---this is the danger, she goes on about it so much and uses it so inappropriately that now I feel myself stifling an eye roll whenever I hear it, even in genuine cases. She's damaging the cause....smear campaigns or gentle, justifiable criticism?---or not even criticism, sometimes simple questioning....she's an idiot and actually making me want to run a mile from feminism, but then I think how f****ing dare she make me feel like that!! She's a fraud and a misogynist and an abuser and I wish she'd just f*** off!!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Oh God I'm, just so sick of hearing her banging on about 'misogyny' and 'patriarchal'---this is the danger, she goes on about it so much and uses it so inappropriately that now I feel myself stifling an eye roll whenever I hear it, even in genuine cases. She's damaging the cause....smear campaigns or gentle, justifiable criticism?---or not even criticism, sometimes simple questioning....she's an idiot and actually making me want to run a mile from feminism, but then I think how f****ing dare she make me feel like that!! She's a fraud and a misogynist and an abuser and I wish she'd just f*** off!!

Completely agree she upsets me so much with her cynical manipulation, lack of insight into her many weaknesses, arrogance, dismissal of views that don’t align with hers.

Reactions: 3
Tall poppy syndrome or a megalomaniac who thinks she is a tall poppy when in reality nobody is jealous, they are just horrified.

Reactions: 11
This really sums it up, and also shows that her 'operation' is not merely unprofessional and unethical, but actually sinister; she is creating her 'market' and then keeps her victims in a traumatised, dependent state by telling them they are all traumatised but offering NO ways of easing the trauma so they keep doing her 'courses' and 'research', ensuring they remain dependent while simultaneously providing her with more unethically gathered material, so perpetuating the whole cycle for ever more. She's evil....

• Sick
Reactions: 13
Thanks. Never heard of it before. She’s utterly deluded if she thinks anyone is trying to hold her back because she’s successful. The only thing she’s successful at is yammering on about herself and how she’s so special and insightful and the sun shines out her backside. When in reality people are trying to hold her back because she actively harms those she claims to be helping.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.