donna dyble

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what do you think of her
i used to watch her all the time when she uploaded but she just grinds on me used to constantly make speeches about never being a youtuber that dissapears
and what does she do ? comes on vows to start a new weight loss journey for a few weeks then goes again

wondering if any of you had thoughts on her ?

I used to watch Donna. I remember her always saying she would never disappear, always follow slimming world blah blah. It used to irritate me how she always blamed someone else for her weight loss problems. It was John's fault for not taking the crisps with him. It was the consultants fault for not spending long enough talking to her. It was being on the social team that hindered her, she couldn't focus on herself. It was her age. Just one thing after another. She claimed she followed it to the letter. Yet in a day in the life, for example, it would show her pouring loads of milk in her coffee, straight from the carton so, never measured.

I unfollowed her when she started to buy clothes from charity shops to sell on ebay for profit. It didnt sit right with me, especially regarding her because I remember her once challenging an assistant in a charity shop, for having a primark vest top marked more expensive than it would be new. Yet she was happy to try and make money off charity donations!

Reactions: 2
I used to watch Donna. I remember her always saying she would never disappear, always follow slimming world blah blah. It used to irritate me how she always blamed someone else for her weight loss problems. It was John's fault for not taking the crisps with him. It was the consultants fault for not spending long enough talking to her. It was being on the social team that hindered her, she couldn't focus on herself. It was her age. Just one thing after another. She claimed she followed it to the letter. Yet in a day in the life, for example, it would show her pouring loads of milk in her coffee, straight from the carton so, never measured.

I unfollowed her when she started to buy clothes from charity shops to sell on ebay for profit. It didnt sit right with me, especially regarding her because I remember her once challenging an assistant in a charity shop, for having a primark vest top marked more expensive than it would be new. Yet she was happy to try and make money off charity donations!
oh my yes i remember that she used to always do that and i always felt sorry for john tbf she sounded like hell to live with if my partner went on like that i would be long gone the way she would drown on about this or that
she always vowed to disspear yet always does that she ranted about cbt and how much it helped her yet nothing from her in ages so i wonder if that was just another phase
so many of these youtubers seem to do the charity shop thing i feel like its really bad to buy it then sell it on

What makes you think that? If the charity is getting the price they ask for the goods they are selling, where's the problem?
Because they are buying the goods then selling it for profit how would anyone think this is ok making money off companies that are there to help the vuneable

DD was a consummate whinger. I always thought she was pretty fake. Does she still vlog? I haven’t seen anything from her in ages.

Reactions: 1
Because they are buying the goods then selling it for profit how would anyone think this is ok making money off companies that are there to help the vuneable
But they are paying the price set by the shop in the first place. If the charity is getting the price they asked for the item, they have made the profit they were looking for on that item. They choose the price. Not the person buying it. If the person buying to resell didn't buy the item, the charity would lose out because they wouldn't have sold the item. How can that be better for them?

But they are paying the price set by the shop in the first place. If the charity is getting the price they asked for the item, they have made the profit they were looking for on that item. They choose the price. Not the person buying it. If the person buying to resell didn't buy the item, the charity would lose out because they wouldn't have sold the item. How can that be better for them?
i just dont understand why you would pay for somthing to give it to charity just to then take it home and make a profit on it yourself
each to their own but i personally dont think its right but we will have to agree to disagree on that one

Technically, theres nothing wrong with it. But in Donna's case, she complained before at charity shops over pricing things, to the point she wouldnt go there any more and now, she is buying items, to sell them on for profit. I know when I donate things to charity shops, I like to think I'm helping someone else out. Not line their pockets.

• Heart
I know when I donate things to charity shops, I like to think I'm helping someone else out. Not line their pockets.
You are. You're helping the charity out that you donate your items to, and thereby helping whoever is the recipient of that organisation's charitable fundraising. Your donation also means that that item will be reused/recycled/repurposed rather than going into landfill, which is another win. If the charity you donate to choose to price their items at a level that means there is profit in it for somebody who wishes to sell it on, and you are not comfortable with that, then maybe donate your items to a charity that prices higher so there is no danger of them being purchased by someone who will buy them to sell on for profit.

You are. You're helping the charity out that you donate your items to, and thereby helping whoever is the recipient of that organisation's charitable fundraising. Your donation also means that that item will be reused/recycled/repurposed rather than going into landfill, which is another win. If the charity you donate to choose to price their items at a level that means there is profit in it for somebody who wishes to sell it on, and you are not comfortable with that, then maybe donate your items to a charity that prices higher so there is no danger of them being purchased by someone who will buy them to sell on for profit.
Yep, I see your point. Just different perspectives! I guess it maybe depends on what your donating too. I'm probably only seeing it from my own view point. I donate a lot of kids clothes and toys and I then picture those things going to someone, maybe not able to fork out full price for it, to be enjoyed.
(Donna was being a massive hypocrite though, to be so annoyed at them marking up their items- and she was proper annoyed, boycotting the place, then doing the same herself! )

Yep, I see your point. Just different perspectives! I guess it maybe depends on what your donating too. I'm probably only seeing it from my own view point. I donate a lot of kids clothes and toys and I then picture those things going to someone, maybe not able to fork out full price for it, to be enjoyed.
(Donna was being a massive hypocrite though, to be so annoyed at them marking up their items- and she was proper annoyed, boycotting the place, then doing the same herself! )
Yeah i remember her kicking off as they sold a primark vest top for 4.50 or somthing when there retailed at 2.50

But you would be better off to sell your unwanted goods yourself at the hyped up price
and then give the proceeds to that charity so your argument doesn’t wash well with me I’m afraid... it’s pure greed

But you would be better off to sell your unwanted goods yourself at the hyped up price
and then give the proceeds to that charity so your argument doesn’t wash well with me I’m afraid... it’s pure greed
i just wonder where this all started i mean everything comes with a profit i guess but i would not go into a charity shop where people donate to do a good deed and hope some one who needs it buy stuff to make a profit it does not make sense to me but am i missing somthing :\

i just wonder where this all started i mean everything comes with a profit i guess but i would not go into a charity shop where people donate to do a good deed and hope some one who needs it buy stuff to make a profit it does not make sense to me but am i missing somthing :\
I dislike most charities because now days they are run as a big business opportunity and the people that need the help only see a fraction of the monies made as it is creamed off by those running the charity and certainly the CEO’s all get paid a handsome salary which I find disgusting ...
I work and foster for Cats Protection and I always recommend to people if you want to help please buy cat food/ blankets / cat litter / toys etc and take those into your local rescues etc that way you can guarantee that you’ve actually helped the most where it’s actually needed.

Presumably people can't be arsed to sell their own stuff and would rather give it to charities to sell, otherwise charity shops wouldn't exist.

so shes doing the new 1:1 diet 5 weeks in her consultant convinces her to be a consultant
even though after all the years of sw and being asked oh no i dont want to be responsiable for another persons weight loss

this 1:1 thing sound just another poxy MLM scheme to me anyone else catching up with her?

so shes doing the new 1:1 diet 5 weeks in her consultant convinces her to be a consultant
even though after all the years of sw and being asked oh no i dont want to be responsiable for another persons weight loss

this 1:1 thing sound just another poxy MLM scheme to me anyone else catching up with her?
So true!! She didnt even want to be on the "social team" at slimming world!!
I don't get why she thinks this diet is some miracle she discovered. Its restrictive and that's how it works. Not exactly a secret. She could have lost the same on SW if she hadnt messed about, blaming other people, her age, her sore back etc etc.

So true!! She didnt even want to be on the "social team" at slimming world!!
I don't get why she thinks this diet is some miracle she discovered. Its restrictive and that's how it works. Not exactly a secret. She could have lost the same on SW if she hadnt messed about, blaming other people, her age, her sore back etc etc.
exactlyy this diet i watched her 9 week update which was uploaded last week she said if she continues she will loose 6 stone by christmas its not healthy to loose weight like that its so odd and dangerous pormoting it to others