Donna Cowan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if there’s already a thread on her - I looked but couldn’t find one.

I generally like her and felt so, so sorry for her when she announced her sister in law had died. However, when she posted a photo of the flowers she’d received with the caption ‘Donna’s Flower Shop’ I couldn’t help but feel a bit uneasy about it.

Fast forward to today and it’s the funeral. Her current stories show a full on house party in action! No social distancing, etc!

Anyone else find this a bit off?

Reactions: 3
I follow her. I get her sense of humour. I think it is the Scottish way to make a bit of light of a really bad situation. Yes it isn't everyones cup of tea.

They have had a drink, won't be the first or the last funeral to end up on social media. Plenty of people not bothering with social distancing anymore. They will know the risks.

They know the risks and I'm sure they know what people think. Rightly or wrongly they feel it's important to be together than not. This thread makes me uneasy and I think a little compassion should be had at this time. Bringing it up the day of the funeral is a little uncalled for.

But I would say, it shouldn't be on social media. Being in mourning and grief makes people act in ways they wouldn't normally.

Reactions: 8
It's the death of a young life. I think the quarantine police need to rein it in just for tonight and let them mourn/celebrate their beautiful girls life.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
It's the death of a young life. I think the quarantine police need to rein it in just for tonight and let them mourn/celebrate their beautiful girls life.
Totally agree! I really like following Donna and I think it is up to them how they mourn. Have no idea why this thread has been started especially on the day of the funeral. Each to their own though!

Reactions: 9
Totally agree! I really like following Donna and I think it is up to them how they mourn. Have no idea why this thread has been started especially on the day of the funeral. Each to their own though!
Exactly... no idea why this thread has been started. Pretty pathetic and absolutely no thought towards the family. I get what tattle is about but the person that started this really needs to wind it in.

Reactions: 12
Got to be honest, with how members of the government have behaved you can't blame people especially when they are suffering emotionally, to think stuff lockdown. I'm thinking it myself to be honest. Been stuck in the house and not seen family for two months while they've been swanning around doing what they want. I'm not sure it should have been filmed though for the gram though. But it's got nothing to do with me I suppose.

With how members of the Gov have been behaving, I don’t blame them one bit. My uncle died in February and we had a big send off for him (pre COVID). I wouldn’t be taking photos/videos as personally I don’t think it’s the right place/time but grief is so individual I wouldn’t judge, especially as she was so young and had not long been married.

I lost my mother during lockdown and the only thing that got me through it was being with my family. We had a little night for her the week she died and then on the day we buried her we had a good send off with all our family and her friends. Yes it was against the guidelines but it was exceptional circumstances and I would never regret doing it. If she wants to post it on her page then who are we to judge? We all deal with grief in our own way and what I can see is a family/friends supporting a young man who has just became a widow

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Okay. Lovely. Just me then. I guess I must be a judgemental witch?!

But I’ve seen other instagrammers getting pages of tit here for treating funerals like piss ups with their mates, for eg. Reality of Rosh.

For what it’s worth I do like Donna and find her updates generally hilarious. I just can’t fathom posting videos of a funeral party on Instagram 🙈

Reactions: 7
You can't like her that much or you wouldn't have made this post, especially in the circumstances.
I stand by the post and I’m not going to say I generally like her if I don’t.

I can think she’s funny, but I can also say when I think she’s behaved inappropriately.

It’s MY OPINION and this is an opinion site!

You can't like her that much or you wouldn't have made this post, especially in the circumstances.
Hahahaha I’m sorry but what a complete moonbeam your are!

I’ve just had a check off your recent history and you’ve blasted fopperholic for posting photos of her beautiful babies - a completely natural, beautiful thing to do. But you think it’s normal to post videos of a funeral after party?

Why then is fopperholic a ‘fame hungry bleep’ (your words btw) but Donna isn’t?

Are you actually okay?

• Heart
  • Haha
I follow Donna and really love her page

I did see the funeral party videos and think they are not my cup of tea and not something I would share on social media but then if my sister in law died so young and under the circumstances I would just want to be with my family.

X

Reactions: 2

I can think she’s funny, but I can also say when I think she’s behaved inappropriately.

I’ve just had a check off your recent history and you’ve blasted fopperholic for posting photos of her beautiful babies - a completely natural, beautiful thing to do. But you think it’s normal to post videos of a funeral after party?

Are you actually okay?
I'm good thanks :ROFLMAO:

Are you actually okay?
Think you need to wind your damn neck in. Wise up. Everyone is entitled to opinions... yes. BUT when your air them and how you do it is down to morality. Imagine you lost your sister in law. Get a bloody grip. Just admit the time and place of airing your opinions wasn't correct. 🙄

Last edited:
Absolutely agree! I think what doesn't concern you personally needs to be left.
What a stupid point. Does what any stranger does on Instagram concern you? No, but they put it on for all to see.....

Think you need to wind your damn neck in. Wise up. Everyone is entitled to opinions... yes. BUT when your air them and how you do it is down to morality. Imagine you lost your sister in law. Get a bloody grip. Just admit the time and place of airing your opinions wasn't correct. 🙄
Oh please duck right off. I need to wind nothing in!

I imagine that if I lost my sister in law I wouldn’t be having a pish up on Instagram and posting it for all to see. I’d be too upset to update my social media.

Morality? Please don’t make me laugh. You are on Tattle judging and bitching about others too!!!!!

• Haha
Okay. Lovely. Just me then. I guess I must be a judgemental witch?!

But I’ve seen other instagrammers getting pages of tit here for treating funerals like piss ups with their mates, for eg. Reality of Rosh.

For what it’s worth I do like Donna and find her updates generally hilarious. I just can’t fathom posting videos of a funeral party on Instagram 🙈
Def not just you, I thought the same.

Reactions: 4
What a stupid point. Does what any stranger does on Instagram concern you? No, but they put it on for all to see.....

Oh please duck right off. I need to wind nothing in!

I imagine that if I lost my sister in law I wouldn’t be having a pish up on Instagram and posting it for all to see. I’d be too upset to update my social media.

Morality? Please don’t make me laugh. You are on Tattle judging and bitching about others too!!!!!
Starting a thread on the day of the funeral is just crass 🤦‍♂️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.