Donna Cowan

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like Donna and don’t feel this is warranted at all. Its a really tragic situation and the girl is clearly heartbroken. She comes across as a really genuine person.

Reactions: 6
I too personally find it off she would post on Instagram the funeral party so to speak. When you do it opens you up to different opinions and judgment unfortunately. Again like original poster I like Donna but don’t agree with sharing some much online. Somethings should be sacred.
Also tattle is the best place for different opinions rather than on a persons page

Reactions: 7
Not normally a commenter however... shes broke lockdown rule so what? Imagine what her and her family are going through to be honest in her shoes i wouldnt be giving a tit about catching corona much worse things happening, its a one off and being together with family is more important in the circumstances. Perhaps shes had a couple of drinks and shared it and will regret it in the morning, but seriously who actually cares? Let her grieve in peace :) It seems to be ok for the torie snobs to break the rules when it suits them so why not normal people.

Reactions: 5
Obviously we don’t know how we would all cope until in the situation and if we would break the rules or not, but if she is going to plaster it over her stories to over 30,000 people then it’s fair game for anyone to make a comment. I was shocked to see the stories, seemed inappropriate with everything that’s going on

Reactions: 8
I like Donna a lot, she’s one of my favourite accounts to follow on Instagram but I found the videos inappropriate.

It’s exceptional circumstances and I am heartbroken for her and her family so I try not to judge too harshly but posting them for all to see is not right, especially them all rolling about absolutely hammered like they’re on a night out. Some things should be kept private, especially given her following and at a time when many others are going through difficult times and are still sticking to the rules. I know a family who couldn’t even have all the grandchildren graveside at a funeral... imagine having to FaceTime into your grandmothers funeral then seeing that. It’s not right.

Reactions: 10
Personally I find it tacky when people post from a funeral. Social media is the last thing I’d be thinking about....regardless of the number of followers I had

Reactions: 15
I am indifferent to Donna, however there are plenty of families that have lost loved ones - over 30,000 in fact - who have no been able to celebrate their life.
Posting it to social media is tacky and opens yourself up to criticism.

Anyone who breaks these lockdown rule, for whatever reason, is disrespecting the deaths of all of these people and the fantastic work of the NHS and key workers.
A life lost is terrible, a young life lost is tragic, but that isn't an excuse.

Something bad happening to someone does not make that person a saint or absolve them of their past wrong doings. She bullied and humiliated a woman in her work who wanted to be friends with her, posting videos online mocking Herm

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Something bad happening to someone does not make that person a saint or absolve them of their past wrong doings. She bullied and humiliated a woman in her work who wanted to be friends with her, posting videos online mocking Herm
What’s this? I don’t recall it.

Reactions: 1
I saw it and thought it was a birthday party, had no idea it was for a funeral.

Fair enough if that’s what you want to do, but don’t post online. So many have missed saying their goodbyes due to lockdown and there they are having what looks like a great time for all to see.

I don’t see much of her posts, but she has a bit air of I’m better than you all about her.

• Heart
I saw it and thought it was a birthday party, had no idea it was for a funeral.

Fair enough if that’s what you want to do, but don’t post online. So many have missed saying their goodbyes due to lockdown and there they are having what looks like a great time for all to see.

I don’t see much of her posts, but she has a bit air of I’m better than you all about her.
This.

After hearing about the poor 13 year old, the first child, to die from COVID-19 I cannot sympathise with anyone who breaks lockdown rules.
That child died alone, in a hospital, and yet they think they can do as they please.

Numerous young health care workers have left their children with one less parent yet these people still do as they want.

Reactions: 9
Most people are breaking lockdown rules now in Glasgow, even if they don’t post about it. Personally, if it was a funeral for my sister in law and I wanted to support my brother and other family I don’t think I’d be too interested in abiding by the rules.

I don’t remember Donna bullying anyone, I had a look on the fitness instagrammers page and it said she video’d a girl she worked with and it was horrible. I don’t watch her stories much, anyone remember what was so horrible about it? As opposed to just videoing her friend carrying on?

Most people are breaking lockdown rules now in Glasgow, even if they don’t post about it. Personally, if it was a funeral for my sister in law and I wanted to support my brother and other family I don’t think I’d be too interested in abiding by the rules.
What a load of rubbish, my granny died recently and at her funeral I didn’t sit with my family as we live in different houses and I’d rather keep them safe than risk it. “Most people” that you know maybe but not everyone is that stupid.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

I don’t remember Donna bullying anyone, I had a look on the fitness instagrammers page and it said she video’d a girl she worked with and it was horrible. I don’t watch her stories much, anyone remember what was so horrible about it? As opposed to just videoing her friend carrying on?
I think it refers to the girl she works with, she takes the piss out of her because she's a ditsy. They're really close though and I think everyone has at least one friend they can take the piss out of but you have to have a certain kind of relationship with them. I know I'm that person in my group 😂

I live 20 mins away from her and everyone is still adhering to the rules bar the odd few fannies.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m near Donna and feel like we are the only people in the whole street still following guidelines. We’ve got children from all different houses mixing and playing together, people having bbqs, grandparents popping in to watch kids while the parents go on walks.

My kids haven’t left our house with the exception of going in the car to get my click and collect. I’ve had to go to work throughout all of this and it’s sickening to see some people just treating it like extended time off work. The good weather is not helping in that aspect.

I live 20 mins away from her and everyone is still adhering to the rules bar the odd few fannies.
My parents live where she does. There are many people breaking the rules.

What a load of rubbish, my granny died recently and at her funeral I didn’t sit with my family as we live in different houses and I’d rather keep them safe than risk it. “Most people” that you know maybe but not everyone is that stupid.
It’s people like neighbours of my parents, who live where Donna does, my own neighbours, people I see on Facebook and the gram.

I have a 3 month old that my parents have hardly seen before this all happened, actually nobody I associate with has broken lockdown as far as I know but a hell of a lot of people are not adhering to it.

Reactions: 4
So because other people aren't doing it it makes it all okay?
As that is what these posts imply.

duck the children who have lost parents, duck the children who have died alone, duck the countless people who have suffered horribly, duck the families who never got to say good-bye.

If that were me who died and my family acted like that I'd be horrified. What a way to spit directly in the face of all of the healthcare workers who supported you during the entire diagnosis and illness, professionals who are no doubt exposed each day, pushed to work to the limit, transferred in to other departments and some having to choose between their own family and work.
It is so disrespectful to everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.