Donald Trump - The 45th President of the United States

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thought it might be an idea to set up a thread on him as he's about to become the 3rd president to be impeached.

The states are still very divided:
A CNN poll of polls shows that 46% believe Trump should be impeached and removed from office, while 49% do not.

More unprecedented times ahead 😬

Reactions: 9
I completely believe the conspiracy that he never wanted to be president. Howard Stien (the radio DJ) was the first to say it, and I reads all-white house books (Fire and Fury and the anonymous one) and it all points to the same direction - that DT never wanted to be president. Even Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 11/9 outlined this point in the documentary.
The story goes that DT wanted a pay raise from NBC for doing The Apprentice, so he thought he would announce running for president as a way to back NBC into a corner. Gwen Stefani was paid a lot more money on The Voice and this angered DT.
From what I read, he never imagined his campaign would go so far - he wanted to lose to crooked Hillary and be matra to his base of supporters.
If you don't believe me - watch his face just after he was announced as president and his mannerism when he goes to meet Obama just after the election. And also how he has behaved since taking office.
I believe deep deep deep down he secretly a little bit glad about being impeached but his ego is getting in the way.
I also believe he is in love with the power he has and doesn't want it taken away.
/Those are my two cents but the internet is filled with stories of how DT never wanted to be president.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I do think it was all a publicity stunt to raise his profile. Probably not for an apprentice payrise as the ratings were really dwindling despite him saying all the time it's "the most popular show on television" when it wasn't even the post popular for that timeslot on a Tuesday/Wednesday 🤣. The delusion and lies were that obvious even back then.

I did love the us apprentice, and the trump one was far better than Martha Stewart or Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Reactions: 10
I completely believe the conspiracy that he never wanted to be president. Howard Stien (the radio DJ) was the first to say it, and I reads all-white house books (Fire and Fury and the anonymous one) and it all points to the same direction - that DT never wanted to be president. Even Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 11/9 outlined this point in the documentary.
The story goes that DT wanted a pay raise from NBC for doing The Apprentice, so he thought he would announce running for president as a way to back NBC into a corner. Gwen Stefani was paid a lot more money on The Voice and this angered DT.
From what I read, he never imagined his campaign would go so far - he wanted to lose to crooked Hillary and be matra to his base of supporters.
If you don't believe me - watch his face just after he was announced as president and his mannerism when he goes to meet Obama just after the election. And also how he has behaved since taking office.
I believe deep deep deep down he secretly a little bit glad about being impeached but his ego is getting in the way.
I also believe he is in love with the power he has and doesn't want it taken away.
/Those are my two cents but the internet is filled with stories of how DT never wanted to be president.
😆 I'm not usually in to consipracy theories but I could believe this because anything is possible with the Orange One.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love how South Park covered that idea of him not wanting to be president (well Mr Garrison in a Trump like character)

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I agree.

And everyone can see his wife just loath it. She just wanted her private jet, credit cards for shopping and endless holidays as DT's WIFE.. not as First Lady..
She would probably published a very different book after DT dies, compare with the other First Ladies. Like a tabloid book spilling nasty secrets.

Reactions: 4
I love how South Park covered that idea of him not wanting to be president (well Mr Garrison in a Trump like character)
Douche and turd was so spon on, South park gave the best commentary on the us election. It's s shame they stopped doing it

Poor melania, all she wanted was a sugar daddy with a short life expectancy. Do they even spend much time under the same roof anymore?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The rumour was that Melania was thinking about divorcing Trump before he was elected. In the book, Fire and Fury it detailed how Melania was furious that he got elected and no desire of ever being the first lady.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I am probably in the minority but I don't actually have an issue with him. I don't think the left are doing themselves any favours out there by the way they carry on against him.
Their hatred is what made him president I feel. Would love it, if it is true that he became President by accident :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Can you imagine doing it as a stunt and actually becoming president.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
I am probably in the minority but I don't actually have an issue with him. I don't think the left are doing themselves any favours out there by the way they carry on against him.
Their hatred is what made him president I feel. Would love it, if it is true that he became President by accident :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Can you imagine doing it as a stunt and actually becoming president.
....... I think it comes from a certain place of privlege and perhaps a bit of naivety to assume that how Donald Trump is conducting isn't an issue to you since it doesn't directly affect your life. I don't think the thousands of children locked up in cages will agree with you or anyone who is a minority (from POC to the LGBTQ+ community, women, etc). And what happens in the States to an extent still has an effect around the world. Democracy is still important to maintain and I much prefer it over an authoritarian rule like what is utilized in certain S. American countries, China, and Russia.

The "left" are doing their job which is to make sure the President is conducting in a way that is legal and not putting the nation's security at risk for his own personal benefit. I'm not sure if you haven't read any of the charges against him, seen or heard all the testimony provided by career experts who have worked decades in civil service and have never seen such rampant disregard for the law, Robert Mueller's report, or just look at the revolving door of Trump lackeys who are currently waiting to be sentenced or already have been founded guilty.... The only nay-sayers are his ardent supporters who are brainwashed by Fox News and the Republican party who puts party before country.

I had to sit and think about putting out this post because I know how touchy and divisive politics can be. And yes, Donald Trump is only a symptom of a larger problem at hand in the States, particularly the direction the Republican party is careening towards. I think any person who really does the research and carefully reads the evidence laid out will see that Trump is guilty. It is pretty obvious. He's is the most corrupt modern US President to date.

It is in no way okay or acceptable for a President to blackmail a foreign country to help him in an upcoming election by seeking political dirt against his opponent. To use campagin money to pay off a mistress. To not fully divest his businesses--as all previous modern presidents have done so-- and instead use his Trump properties to personally line his pocket with taxpayer money. Nepotism, bribery, adultery, racism, discrimination, denying science, breaking emoluments clauses, being the least transparent president to date, etc etc-- no one should be celebrating someone who is so awful and yet so dumb to be a leader... or to wave it off as it being perfectly acceptable behavior in any individual.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 70
I don't think the left are doing themselves any favours out there by the way they carry on against him.
Their hatred is what made him president I feel. Would love it, if it is true that he became President by accident
I do agree with this, the same things that pushed moderate left people to the right is what they are carrying on doing to the detriment of their cause. And over there the two parties are far right right and even more far right and would see the austerity Tory government as lefties 😂

Unless they have an ace up their sleeves I don't think the impeachment will really achieve much. Highly unlikely he'll actually be convinced and removed from office. This is all to try and stop the re-election next year with airing dirty laundry imo. Could do the exact opposite like with Clinton and approval ratings increased during the impeachment trial.

It is like a comedy skit someone accidentally becoming the second most powerful person on earth. Although they do have checks and balances. It's their own fault for putting Hillary against him, people had two bad choices and anyone else would have walked it.

Reactions: 3
The rumour was that Melania was thinking about divorcing Trump before he was elected. In the book, Fire and Fury it detailed how Melania was furious that he got elected and no desire of ever being the first lady.
She was apparently having an affair with someone high up at Tiffany & Co and was set to leave Trump.

I do agree with this, the same things that pushed moderate left people to the right is what they are carrying on doing to the detriment of their cause. And over there the two parties are far right right and even more far right and would see the austerity Tory government as lefties 😂

Unless they have an ace up their sleeves I don't think the impeachment will really achieve much. Highly unlikely he'll actually be convinced and removed from office. This is all to try and stop the re-election next year with airing dirty laundry imo. Could do the exact opposite like with Clinton and approval ratings increased during the impeachment trial.

It is like a comedy skit someone accidentally becoming the second most powerful person on earth. Although they do have checks and balances. It's their own fault for putting Hillary against him, people had two bad choices and anyone else would have walked it.
I don't think it is a detriment to bring up impeachment against someone who has clearly been breaking laws and abusing his power. This is one of the powers bestowed to Congress-- to put a check on the President. After all, Americans did not elect a king.

If the Democrats did not win the House of Representatives majority in their 2018 mid term elections, all of this stuff we are learning about Trump now would have not come to light at all. Also, more independent voters (not aligned to a particular party) lean more favorably in Trump being impeached than don't.

The bigger issue is if the Senate will actually hold a fair trial. The Congress is deeply divided atm. It is made up of two branches. The House of Representatives (majority is Democrats aka the left) and the Senate (Majority is Republicans aka the right). Because the Senate is the same party as Trump, the Senate Majority Leader even said he would be coordinating with the White House for proceedings when the trial moves over to the Senate. Which is not the norm at all. That's in the same vein as if a judge decided to work with the defendant in a criminal proceeding; with total disregard for all of the evidence laid out. Judge and jurors are supposed to be impartial and base their decision on evidence. It is not partisan. The Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has a lot on the line in ensuring that Trump retains his seat as President. Follow his money. There is a reason the moniker 'Moscow Mitch' was given. Ironically, Trump also has many debts ties to Russia.

If Trump truly was innocent of all wrong-doing then why wouldn't he just have turned over the evidence and worked with the House of Representatives? They've invited him to join in and he refused. This is quite different from when Bill Clinton was impeached. Bill Clinton actually participated in his proceedings from what I have read. Plus, the only reason Republicans lost so many seats in their midterms was that the basis for Clinton's initial impeachment kept changing. This is not the case here. What Trump is being charged with has much more groundwork and hard evidence which shows blatant corruption. Clinton was also fairly transparent with turning over evidence whereas Trump has tried to block people from testifying claiming executive privilege (which is not be used with total impunity), hasn't turned over a single document, and his ENTIRE call transcript with Ukraine "the perfect call" has been moved to a secret server and they put out a doctored version instead, etc etc. These are not actions of an innocent man.

And the Republicans in both the House and the Senate have attacked on the proceedings rather than what Trump is actually being charged for. It's hard to deny he is guilty of what he's being charged for. As they teach you in law school in the States... if you can't win the argument, attack the process. House Republicans then complained there was no official impeachment vote so House Dems complied. Republicans didn't like the proceedings were behind closed doors so the House Dems made it public. On and on they have kept changing the goal post instead of finding actual ways to prove that DT is innocent.

While I don't agree with how the DNC handled the 2016 candidate process and clearly favoring war-hawk centrist Clinton to be their front-runner, there were a lot of factors as to why Trump won. It wasn't just because of Hillary Clinton alone. Her campaign failed to reach out to certain key demographics, she ignored certain states during her campaigning, she flip-flopped on many popular issues, oh and election interference from Russia (despite Trump and the Republicans saying it was Ukraine).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
....... I think it comes from a certain place of privlege and perhaps a bit of naivety to assume that how Donald Trump is conducting isn't an issue to you since it doesn't directly affect your life. I don't think the thousands of children locked up in cages will agree with you or anyone who is a minority (from POC to the LGBTQ+ community, women, etc). And what happens in the States to an extent still has an effect around the world. Democracy is still important to maintain and I much prefer it over an authoritarian rule like what is utilized in certain S. American countries, China, and Russia.

The "left" are doing their job which is to make sure the President is conducting in a way that is legal and not putting the nation's security at risk for his own personal benefit. I'm not sure if you haven't read any of the charges against him, seen or heard all the testimony provided by career experts who have worked decades in civil service and have never seen such rampant disregard for the law, Robert Mueller's report, or just look at the revolving door of Trump lackeys who are currently waiting to be sentenced or already have been founded guilty.... The only nay-sayers are his ardent supporters who are brainwashed by Fox News and the Republican party who puts party before country.

I had to sit and think about putting out this post because I know how touchy and divisive politics can be. And yes, Donald Trump is only a symptom of a larger problem at hand in the States, particularly the direction the Republican party is careening towards. I think any person who really does the research and carefully reads the evidence laid out will see that Trump is guilty. It is pretty obvious. He's is the most corrupt modern US President to date.

It is in no way okay or acceptable for a President to blackmail a foreign country to help him in an upcoming election by seeking political dirt against his opponent. To use campagin money to pay off a mistress. To not fully divest his businesses--as all previous modern presidents have done so-- and instead use his Trump properties to personally line his pocket with taxpayer money. Nepotism, bribery, adultery, racism, discrimination, denying science, breaking emoluments clauses, being the least transparent president to date, etc etc-- no one should be celebrating someone who is so awful and yet so dumb to be a leader... or to wave it off as it being perfectly acceptable behavior in any individual.
Couldn’t have said it better myself.

I'm just not that bothered by American politics and let's be honest there is never a good choice. By the time peole make it to leadership roles they are all slightly or completely corrupted. Just look at the Clintons and their "foundation".

Anyway I stand by what I said I don't have an issue with him as he is not my president

• Sick
I'm just not that bothered by American politics and let's be honest there is never a good choice. By the time peole make it to leadership roles they are all slightly or completely corrupted. Just look at the Clintons and their "foundation".

Anyway I stand by what I said I don't have an issue with him as he is not my president
Fair enough. We can agree to disagree. Maybe I'm young and stupid but I tend to care about things more than just my own personal well-being and try to look at things critically and not be so dismissive of people from all walks of life and different backgrounds. Or even people in different countries from my own.

Look, I'm not a Clinton fan at all but if we are going to criticize foundations and charities. Maybe look into the DT's personal foundation and what became of that. Those two ran in similar circles so they're not far off. But only one of them is wholly dependent on Putin for their survival both politically and financially atm. I don't think we can say Putin is an ally to both North America or to Western Europe.

I would think that the US, who is a key ally to the UK (as well as other European countries) would much prefer a leader who wasn't corrupted or directly influenced by Putin. Yes, it hasn't directly affected you yet and lolz who cares it's silly American politics! But countries like China and Russia want democratic institutions to fail. They want people to favor a more authoritarian government and have permanent presidents (not elected by the people) to be in charge. Democratic instability is the end goal. Why do you think Putin is trying so hard to influence politics in Europe too? It's not just isolated to the States only. I get the Royal family is symbolic for the British but I doubt you would want to go back to monarch rule again.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Fair enough. We can agree to disagree. Maybe I'm young and stupid but I tend to care about things more than just my own personal well-being and try to look at things critically and not be so dismissive of people from all walks of life and different backgrounds. Or even people in different countries from my own.

Look, I'm not a Clinton fan at all but if we are going to criticize foundations and charities. Maybe look into the DT's personal foundation and what became of that. Those two ran in similar circles so they're not far off. But only one of them is wholly dependent on Putin for their survival both politically and financially atm. I don't think we can say Putin is an ally to both North America or to Western Europe.

I would think that the US, who is a key ally to the UK (as well as other European countries) would much prefer a leader who wasn't corrupted or directly influenced by Putin. Yes, it hasn't directly affected you yet and lolz who cares it's silly American politics! But countries like China and Russia want democratic institutions to fail. They want people to favor a more authoritarian government and have permanent presidents (not elected by the people) to be in charge. Democratic instability is the end goal. Why do you think Putin is trying so hard to influence politics in Europe too? It's not just isolated to the States only. I get the Royal family is symbolic for the British but I doubt you would want to go back to monarch rule again.
Personally I wouldn’t mind a monarchy especially under the reigning queen.
I love a good conspiracy theory but a lot of what you said is very biased. I think if one is going to get involved in politics of other countries you should not just entertain left or right publications. You need to read it ALL. They are all lying to get their points across and to be heard. There is no such thing as an objective media anymore and a lot of fake news are pumped out by both sides because the media is not held accountable anymore. Even The Washington Post who has long been considered a reliable source can no longer be trusted to report the truth.
The issue for the media is they have to jump on the band wagon because if you wait for due diligence you have missed the party and people move on.
And we know once something is published it cannot be undone. With the rise of social media and the internet anything can become “fact” and even when it’s disproven the majority of people will keep believing.
And because I love a good conspiracy I don’t really think it matters who is in charge because everything is controlled by the Rothchilds and their banks

Reactions: 7
You need to read it ALL. They are all lying to get their points across and to be heard. There is no such thing as an objective media anymore and a lot of fake news are pumped out by both sides because the media is not held accountable anymore. Even The Washington Post who has long been considered a reliable source can no longer be trusted to report the truth.
The issue for the media is they have to jump on the band wagon because if you wait for due diligence you have missed the party and people move on.
And we know once something is published it cannot be undone. With the rise of social media and the internet anything can become “fact” and even when it’s disproven the majority of people will keep believing.
I agree social media has totally distorted our perspective on the news and what we accept as truth. But I think that’s why traditional media is more important than ever. Of course it’s possible to be completely objective in reporting and the large media corporations do have some questionable allegiances... BUT in general much of it does adhere to journalistic standards. That’s completely absent from online ‘news’ sites who do not fact check or look for multiple sources if a ‘story’ suits their agenda. You see this on right and left wing online news sites. It’s a real threat to journalism.

Interesting you mention the Washington post. How has it been proven to be unreliable? If anything I think it’s done the opposite. Project Veritas (a group which tries to expose media corruption by feeding them fake stories, which btw I find very morally dubious) failed to catch them in a sting. You can read about it here (you can see the story was covered in right wing press too and not solely hysteria of liberal media)
It showed the papers main concern is with accuracy, not trying to bring down a right wing politician. So when Trump calls anything he doesn’t like “fake news” designed to bring him down, I think back to this.

Reactions: 7