Donald Trump - The 45th President of the United States

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Personally I wouldn’t mind a monarchy especially under the reigning queen.
I love a good conspiracy theory but a lot of what you said is very biased. I think if one is going to get involved in politics of other countries you should not just entertain left or right publications. You need to read it ALL. They are all lying to get their points across and to be heard. There is no such thing as an objective media anymore and a lot of fake news are pumped out by both sides because the media is not held accountable anymore. Even The Washington Post who has long been considered a reliable source can no longer be trusted to report the truth.
The issue for the media is they have to jump on the band wagon because if you wait for due diligence you have missed the party and people move on.
And we know once something is published it cannot be undone. With the rise of social media and the internet anything can become “fact” and even when it’s disproven the majority of people will keep believing.
And because I love a good conspiracy I don’t really think it matters who is in charge because everything is controlled by the Rothchilds and their banks
Queen Elizabeth is 93 years old. Realistically she wouldn't be able to rule for a long period of time. And she is not without faults either. Shielding her favorite son who clearly was in Epstein's inner circle. Hiding money in off-shore tax havens (Panama Papers). Look I'm glad you're all for a monarchy but I'm sure majority of people would still like to play a role in electing who leads their country and not leave that power to one person so blindly. There is good reason why monarchy has fallen out of favor in modern times but again, we can agree to disagree.

If what I have said is all conspiracy theories or seems very biased then please break it down for me. I'm genuinely serious. I want to know how Trump has exactly been a scapegoat in all of these accusations. So he didn't initially withhold foreign aid to Ukraine? He didn't pay off his mistresses with campaign finances, of which his former lawyer is now serving a prison sentence for lying to Congress? He didn't break any emolument clauses? Why won't he release his taxes when all modern Presidents before him have done so? Why are so many former Trump employees or people that worked with him in the White House now on trial, or being investigated, or have been sentenced to prison (Michael Cohen, Roger Stone, Michael Flynn, Paul Manafort, Rick Gates, etc). Are you saying the two articles of impeachment raised by the House of Reps. has no merit whatsoever at all? That Trump did not commit Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress? Again, please provide me some evidence that clears him of these wrong-doings.

There is a really good book in regards how money and politics goes in hand. In particular, how the ultra right-wing groups have shaped the politics we have today. In particular, the UK, the US, and Australia-- all big consumers of news by the Murdoch Corporation. The book is called Dark Money by Jane Mayer.

Reactions: 14
I don't think it is a detriment to bring up impeachment against someone who has clearly been breaking laws and abusing his power.
It could very well be a detriment to stopping a second term, he's already talking about "they are trying to stop us" the same people that voted for him maybe galvanized by this "attack on their vote." I think loads switched over to Trump because they were fed up of elites trying to tell them what to do, this could just do the same.

The bigger issue is if the Senate will actually hold a fair trial.
Of course they won't. The Senate isn't non partisan like it should be in an ideal world. But I don't think they actually expect him to be convicted, it's about trying to stop people from voting for him in 2020.

there were a lot of factors as to why Trump won. It wasn't just because of Hillary Clinton alone.
There was, but they could have put anyone else against him and they would have walked it. Hillary came with a lot of baggage and lots just couldn't vote for another Clinton. She seemed to be an averagely corrupt politician. So many celebs were saying vote Hillary and trump offered a change, a different family. Lots I think still don't understand why he won and are doubling down on the behaviour that pushed people towards him.

Most of my family are in the states and like south park said it was a choice between the giant douche and a turd sandwich.

Reactions: 6
Donald Trump and his father before him has strong ties to the mob and he is Vladimir Putins puppet.

I follow american politics closely and just to highlight his campaign manager is in prison for years for corruption (involving Ukraine) , his lawyer is in prison for corruption, his national security advisor has been found guilty of working with a foreign country to the detriment of the USA and is awaiting sentencing plus at least 2 others, that's 5 at least all found guilty since Trump became president.

He is addicted to adderall (amphetamine) he is absolutely off his tits in some of his rallies and interviews and he is a pathological narcissist . This is just the start of it.

Hes also heavily involved with the Jeffrey Epstein female sex trafficking.

This all sounds SO far fetched, you wouldn't believe someone like this could become president of the USA. They will make a film about it all one day when hes gone and it all comes out!

Personally I think he will either have a stroke or be bumped off soon.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It could very well detriment to stopping a second term, he's already talking about "they are trying to stop us" the same people that voted for him maybe galvanized by this "attack on their vote." I think loads switched over to Trump because they were fed up of elites trying to tell them what to do, this could just do the same.

Of course they won't. The Senate isn't non partisan like it should be in an ideal world. But I don't think they actually expect him to be convicted, it's about trying to stop people from voting for him in 2020.

There was, but they could have put anyone else against him and they would have walked it. Hillary came with a lot of baggage and lots just couldn't vote for another Clinton. She seemed to be an averagely corrupt politician. So many celebs were saying vote Hillary and trump offered a change, a different family. Lots I think still don't understand why he won and are doubling down on the behaviour that pushed people towards him.

Most of my family are in the states and like south park said it was a choice between the giant douche and a turd sandwich.
I’m not arguing that either 2016 candidate was better. It was definitely picking between the lesser of two evils-- like you said a giant douche and a turd sandwich (a bit similar to UK's recent election). I think for me, my biggest issue is that Trump is clearly working for Putin. He’s putting his interest before the nation. The damage is already being done and Americans will feel those repercussions long after he is out of office like those lifetime appointments of highly unqualified federal judges. His Supreme Court nominations particularly Brett Kavanaugh who lacks the non-partisan temperament.

Hillary Clinton was a highly imperfect candidate but she wouldn’t have run the country into the ground the same way as Trump is currently doing atm. Clinton wouldn't have attacked our intelligence agencies or worked with and give praise to our enemies (Putin, Kim, etc). The DNC didn’t want to acknowledge Bernie Sanders as a frontrunner candidate in 2016 and even now the media (owned by a handful of billionaires) largely ignores him despite his rise in the polls. Obviously, they don't favor his tax plans. I think Trump only ran as others have said, to boost his TV ratings but also to try to gain some legitimacy in the upper echleons of NY society. He didn't run to win. It's not a secret most of NY hates him and that he's long wanted to be accepted by them. He might be rich but he's grifted with the wrong people to maintain the fledgling lifestyle he has now.

I still think it's worth it for Congress to impeach Trump on the two articles they brought up: Obstruction of Justice and Abuse of Power. He's clearly committed and broken several laws. The only reason he's not arrested is because of some arbitrary rule regarding a sitting President. All the people who worked with him are being arraigned or on trial. The state of NY and VA are looking into his finances. I don't see them as antics by the left. I think Trump should be held accountable just like any other President should be if they did even a 1/4 of the things Trump has done in office. Even if Trump is acquitted in Senate due to the Republican majority, the grounds for his impeachment has more bearing unlike Clinton's impeachment. Clinton's charges stemmed from a sexual harassment case against him and his extramarital relationship with a WH intern. Trump's impeachment has to do with his official duties not his extramarital affairs. After all, the Democrats are not bringing up impeachment charges on Trump’s multiple affairs even though he did commit them and also broke campaign finance laws to pay off the other women.

On a separate but related note, the reason a lot of people voted for Trump (who did not win the popular vote) is because they thought he would change the status quo. They believed he would "drain the swamp" when in fact he’s done the opposite and has packed the swamp instead. He said he would provide an alternative to the current healthcare system— failed to do this despite largely running his platform on this. Tax the rich— instead gave quite a hefty tax break to the 1%. He said Mexico would pay for the wall— well we all know how that turned out. His voters also forget he is also part of the same elite circle as the Clintons. He’s from NY, a millionaire due to his inherited wealth, and went to an Ivy League university (thanks to his father's $$$). The only difference is most NY-ers see him as a buffoon and an outsider, which is what I think appealed a lot to his base and at the time undecided voters. They forget they voted for a man who has never worked a day in his life and has referred to his base as "the poorly-educated". His policies have actually hurt his voters more so than helped them but because Fox News has such a strangle-hold on how many people (particularly in the South) are informed. Of course many of them will vote against their best interests. They are listening to words of millionaires whose bosses are billionaires. His voting base such as farmers have been hurt by these tariff wars and the middle class have not seen their taxes reduced.

Impeachment has passed in the House, we will see how the circus show goes in the Senate. I don't have a lot of hope considering the Senate Majority Leader said he would not be impartial despite that being an oath every Senator has to take up when participating in the Senate trial proceedings.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
As much as I hate to type this, and as much as I revile this monster (I can't even type any more than its initials)... I guarantee you "DJT" will win a second term.

In literally any other era, the act for which "it" has been impeached would be enough to force not only resignation but immediate prosecution. There's so much overwhelmingly clear, ample evidence for quid pro quo with Ukraine (egregious abuse of presidential power) that this part of the case isn't even part of the debate. Everyone knows "it" (I'll switch to "he" now) "he" did it... he admitted to doing it, as did Giuliani! - but the Republicans have succeeded in reframing the question to be whether this act, in and of itself, is wrong. Of course it bleeping is, says anyone with a brain. Unfortunately, brains are in short supply in the general population these days.

What doesn't help the cause is a rabid, desperate Democratic Party. I'm a staunch Democrat but Nancy Pelosi is a *terrible*, *awful* figurehead. It's not just that she's old and female... two qualities Americans don't like - it's also that she seems barely to be able to string a sentence together sometimes, and just plain sounds like she's drunk. She has the dead black eyes of a shark, too. I'm 100% sure she's a good person, but she fails to show that 100% of the time.

This is the wrong time to impeach. It may be the principled and correct thing to do, but it smacks of desperation, because it's never going to pass the disgustingly partisan Senate. All it does is galvanise the Republican base and persuade some swing-voters that the Democrats are looking desperate.

Don't even get me started on the Democratic nominees - Biden and Warren have NO CHANCE against Trump. Only Sanders and Buttigieg could win against him... so of course, they're polling third and fourth *facepalm*.

Reactions: 4
Completely agree. I knew he was getting a second term before any of the impeachment stuff really.
The democrats just haven’t learnt enough of a lesson from 2016 and showed no such sign of providing a realistic match for his cult of personality. And the impeachment has only helped him and his campaign against the ‘establishment’ and the ‘fake news media’ (two things he’s been heavily involved with for years of course). I’m sure the amount of people put off voting trump due to the impeachment is dwarfed in comparison to those who will be won over seeing it all as a witch hunt to get him out of office any way possible. Nothing says establishment more than Nancy Pelosi to the average voter. Drain the swamp right? I bet he increases his vote share this time round. The Republican Party aren’t ashamed of him anymore. The amount of hypocrisy is startling but it didn’t bother people in 2016 and people have been calling him mr president seriously for the last four years. He’s won.

Reactions: 3
I did love the us apprentice, and the trump one was far better than Martha Stewart or Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Reactions: 1
It doesn't really make a difference at the end of the day who is in control. One of the main reasons Trump is hated by the US government is because he cannot be controlled. Normally Presidents toe the line.

It's all big business like pharma and the defense industry that control what is going on, what we like, what we watch, what we eat, etc etc

Reactions: 6
Oh but trump is happy to fall in line with big pharma and other powerful industry because he is first and foremost a businessman. At least that’s how he likes to think of himself. What he doesn’t do is pay lip service to the political jargon that skips around what’s really happening nor does he pretend to be care about the morals of lots of these giant companies.

And now this buffoon is starting WW3 just to detract from his impeachment. #sad

Yup and I feel he is going the George W Bush route by starting a war so he can be guaranteed a second term - kind of like you start it now finish it scenario). That's my theory.

In all fairness to the Orange one he was damned if he did and damned if he didn’t.

Obama also considered a strike on the general but the reason he didn’t was fear of reprisal.

And look Iran has already de-escalated and said there will be no more “revenge”they are done. I think that is simply because they shot down that flight by accident even though they are denying it. Now they are worried because they have pissed of their allies

In all fairness to the Orange one he was damned if he did and damned if he didn’t.

Obama also considered a strike on the general but the reason he didn’t was fear of reprisal.

And look Iran has already de-escalated and said there will be no more “revenge”they are done. I think that is simply because they shot down that flight by accident even though they are denying it. Now they are worried because they have pissed of their allies
I believe congress or the senate which was largely republican populated (I believe) denied his request.

Reactions: 2
I don't follow politics at all but someone shared this with me and... I'm shook. He thinks he is untouchable and I worry what he will do with this renewed surge of power and control he feels. :sick:

I don't follow politics at all but someone shared this with me and... I'm shook. He thinks he is untouchable and I worry what he will do with this renewed surge of power and control he feels. :sick:
I wouldn’t put to much stock in any media these days. They are either very left or very right. There is no more objective news sources out there.
I would say somewhere between all the stories lie the truth.