Donald Trump Impeachment Trial 2.0

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone planning to follow this?
Backround taken from the guardian;

Donald Trump’s unprecedented second impeachment trial begins on Tuesday 9 February in the Senate. He is the first US president to be impeached twice, and it is the first time an impeachment trial has been held against a former president. The trial will hear allegations that he committed “high crimes and misdemeanors” before leaving office.
What is Trump charged with?
On 13 January, the US House of Representatives voted by 232 to 197 to impeach Trump over “incitement of insurrection” after his supporters stormed the Capitol in an attempt to overturn November’s election result. 10 Republican representatives voted to impeach him, making it the most bipartisan presidential impeachment in US history.
Prosecutors place the blame for the violence squarely on the former president. Five died, hundreds were injured, members of Congress and staff were terrorized and the seat of US government building was left with “bullet marks in the walls, looted art, smeared faeces in hallways” – all in a bid to prevent the certification of Joe Biden’s election victory. “President Trump’s responsibility for the events of 6 January is unmistakable,” the prosecutors charge in an 80-page memorandum submitted last week.
They will argue that his actions in whipping up the crowd with unfounded accusations of election fraud “endangered the life of every single member of Congress” and “jeopardized the peaceful transition of power and line of succession”.
What is Donald Trump claiming in his defense?
Trump has had trouble assembling a legal team. His usual personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani, had to recuse himself because he also gave a speech at the event where the former president is accused of fomenting insurrection. Trump then appears to have fallen out with his first legal team, which was led by Butch Bowers.
Now led by lawyers David Schoen and Bruce L Castor, Trump’s team issued a thinly argued 14-page document last week that said his speech did not amount to a call to storm the Capitol and that his trial was unconstitutional anyway, because he has left office. Trump will not testify personally.
Who presides over the trial?
Trump’s first impeachment was presided over by chief justice of the supreme court, John Roberts, as set out in the constitution. However, as this trial is of a former president, 80-year-old Patrick Leahy, the longest-serving Democratic senator – who holds the title of president pro tempore – will preside. It will be prosecuted by a team of nine impeachment managers from the House, and the whole Senate was sworn in as the jury on 26 January.
How long will the trial last?
How long the trial will take is not known, but most people believe it will be much shorter than the three-week trial the last time Trump was impeached over his actions over Ukraine, when he was accused of abusing his power and obstructing Congress.
It is unclear yet whether the Senate will vote to allow the legal teams to call witnesses in person, although the trial is highly unusual in that the jury are witnesses, as senators were present in the Capitol and were forced into hiding as the mob invaded the very chamber where the trial will be held. The prosecution team are expected to include video footage and eyewitness testimony from members of Congress while building their case.
Will Trump be found guilty?
On the face of it, it seems unlikely. An impeachment trial requires a two-thirds majority for a conviction. If every senator votes, then at least 17 Republicans would need to vote against their former president to reach the required 67-vote threshold.

Reactions: 2
I'll be following. I find this sort of thing interesting. Cannnot see him getting found guilty.

Reactions: 2
Just another rabid witch hunt. Its getting a bit tiresome now. Can't stand the man but of you look up previous presidents, they have done much worse.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Ill be following but dont expect him to be found guilty, as he should be. The Republicans wont do the right thing, as usual.

Reactions: 1
I think the real uncertainty will be what goes on away from the trial with the public.
he’ll get off but his fans are pissed and I can’t see this helping

No one but the politicians cares about the impeachment now he's been cancelled. No chance of democrats winning the case and trumps just ignoring it. But it'll be interesting to see what happens when it's done and dusted if the dems will chase him for something else 😴

It’s not his week....

I have it on as background noise, it’s a bit like a low budget court drama. Nice change from Covid.

Due the current trial DT support has doubled. I think fresh blood would be good in the White house at the next election but if DT was to be president again I don't think it would be such a bad thing.
He genuinely cares about his country and that's rare from what I've noticed these last few years from many countries and I don't think he did any worse than other recent presidents and he improved their economy.
The problem his opposition have with him is that he won't sit with the others at the WEF and be a clone and blindly follow the green, gender, and anti capitalist agendas. They hate him for that. He has great influence and the opposition are only elevating that even more and It's quite entertaining :sneaky:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
He genuinely cares about his country
Correction, he cares about his own power. He couldn’t care less about American citizens or anyone else. Remember how he mishandled the Covid situation? Making speeches about how it was going away, when it wasn’t. That’s the main reason he wasn’t re-elected!