Dominique Nugent #5 Dim and Him heading up the aisle...all tack and feathers not an ounce of style

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah but not everyone works mon-fri. You can’t please everyone planning a so might as well suit yourself.
Most people do tbf and those who work wkends usually work over the 7days so can switch their days without using annual leave.

Reactions: 4
Most people do tbf and those who work wkends usually work over the 7days so can switch their days without using annual leave.

No you are not guaranteed you will be able to swap your days with someone. So if you really want to make sure you can go, you have to use annual leave to guarantee you will be off.

Reactions: 4

No you are not guaranteed you will be able to swap your days with someone. So if you really want to make sure you can go, you have to use annual leave to guarantee you will be off.
Ok its a million years since i worked a Saturday but can you not just request nicely not to be rostered that wkend??

I work alternate weekends, good luck trying to get someone swapping to work their weekend off!
Thats actually really sad that none of your collegues would swop with you for a wedding ☺.
Anyway im derailing dim doms thread now😬

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Ok its a million years since i worked a Saturday but can you not just request nicely not to be rostered that wkend??

Thats actually really sad that none of your collegues would swop with you for a wedding ☺.
Anyway im derailing dim doms thread now😬
tbf when you only get every second weekend off people don’t want to give them up it actually works out that you’d work 3 weekends on the trot

Imagine going to all the hassle of changing and swopping your days in work then Dom calls the wedding off cos Paddy's been banging the receptionist in Del Boy's motors?? It could happen just saying🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 31
There is no difference in price, I was married mid week because the wait for a sat would’ve been ridiculous, doesn’t cost the venue less to supply food, pay staff etc mid week as opposed to weekends so it’s there’s no discount for midweek. Also plenty of people work weekends, myself included and have had to take time off for weddings. Life doesn’t work on a mon -fri basis I’m afraid.
Agree. My sister chose to take a mid week date at her venue rather than waiting 3 years for a Saturday. The rates were a set price 7 days a week? No discounts at all. Didn’t hear any complaints and most attended, very small list of declines. Didn’t seem to bother anyone. Her now husband runs a bar so it suited them and a lot of their friends in the industry too.

---

There was a big price difference at my venue for Mon to Thurs weddings and then more expensive for Fri to Sun weddings. Also more expensive for summer than out of season weddings. That was the case with a lot of hotels we viewed.
Greasy’s venue, virgina park lodge charges way more for weekends too. It’s crazy! That alone would turn me off booking a place, what a rip off!

---

In the vast majority of venues there is a very significant price difference for midweek and weekend dates.
It’s nothing to do with costs, that’s no how business works. Venues can make greater profit on high demand dates by charging more for the same service.
I think Covid disrupted all that for alot pf places. They charge full whack 7 days a week. Might change again once the backlog is cleared. Back to them trying to encourage people booking mid week again.

Last edited:
Agree. My sister chose to take a mid week date at her venue rather than waiting 3 years for a Saturday. The rates were a set price 7 days a week? No discounts at all. Didn’t hear any complaints and most attended, very small list of declines. Didn’t seem to bother anyone. Her now husband runs a bar so it suited them and a lot of their friends in the industry too.

---

Greasy’s venue, virgina park lodge charges way more for weekends too. It’s crazy! That alone would turn me off booking a place, what a rip off!

---

I think Covid disrupted all that for alot pf places. They charge full whack 7 days a week. Might change again once the backlog is cleared. Back to them trying to encourage people booking mid week again.
I think the Irish hospitality industry has gone mad. I’m abroad and flights back are only €350 and I can’t find a week’s accommodation for less than 2K. Bad time to buy a house and get married I suppose. It’s no wonder everyone has to emigrate, the cost of getting married and buying a home has become unattainable. They’ll always charge what they can. I remember getting weekend breaks with B&B spa included for less than €250 pre 2017. Hopefully she’ll get some freebies to offset her costs

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
She's been going to wash her hair at her parents house because the water is too hard in leixlip ? 😂😂😂

I grew up around there the notions of this girl is hilarious. Some fecking colourwow filter in the hair protects the colour or better yet buy your own filter, she probably spent more driving over and back to tallaght to wash her hair 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
The new wa’er filter is so good, it’s really helped the nohhhhiness of my hair. Tank God someone reached ouh to gift me one, it’s taken a year for them to do that and I’ve bin droppin hints all over the place buh be’er lahe than never.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Sorry now but the way she styles her hair with the now is so juvenile. Is she trying to be cute or what

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Catching up on Dims recent posts, did she actually wear white to the menu tasting 🤣 right down to a white bow in her hair?? I couldn't be cringing more for her, how would you look the staff in the eye showing up like that- here I am, the first and last bride in the world ever.

Does that top lip ever move (or can it 🤔?)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
It was a group tasting evening too, so loads of other couples there but Dom is in full white… cringe

• Haha
Reactions: 19
A bridal skin journey. Have you ever heard such shite.
I just came on to say this exact thing, “bridal skin journey” - nonsense, just laughable actually, who thinks of this shite!?
I’m married 14 years, it’s been a journey alright but don’t think my skin was ever too involved😂
All ahead of her, best of luck to her👍

• Haha
Reactions: 22
A break up song as the audio for your wedding posts. Stay Dim, Dom 👍👌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
And of course it’s Flowers by Miley Cyrus. Not an original thought in her head. The worst song in the world that for some reason the huns keep using

Reactions: 11
And of course it’s Flowers by Miley Cyrus. Not an original thought in her head. The worst song in the world that for some reason the huns keep using
It's because they are too in their own heads to actually listen to the lyrics and what they mean, they pick out one word, ohhh flowers, pretty! like Sarah Burke with Isle of Hope ooooh hope! Without realising it makes no sense for the purpose they are using it for 🙈

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.