Domestic violence (may be triggering for some)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry nothing to do with Mrs H
Hubby been out to watch boxing comes in 3 hours later than he said he would
Massive argument once again and he slapped me and bit me on the forehead
He’s never done it
I’m now hiding downstairs with the kids
I’m so upset I can’t even function I don’t know what to do
Worst thing about it we are at family’s so I can’t even leave or do anything about it

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
He’s never done it
Worst thing about it we are at family’s so I can’t even leave or do anything about it
I'd wake them up, it's his shame, you need looked after

Reactions: 10
He’s never done it
At family's or not. You can absolutely leave with the kids. You can ring the police.
Please keep yourself and your kids safe x.

Reactions: 7
He’s never done it
You need to wake someone up. He needs to go. You did nothing wrong!!! And if it's not the first time you already know it won't be the last. Be strong.
What would you want your kids to do in your position?
Thinking of you

Reactions: 5
You said "massive argument once again" and "hes never done it". I'm assuming from this that you've argued but he hasn't been violent. It will escalate from here and you know it
Please be strong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
He’s never done it
Your family or his?
If yours tell them an kick his ass out, if his an you can/is safe for you to do so take your kids an just leave.
No one should have to go through that, as a previous poster said it will escalate from here. There is plenty of help available to victims of domestic violence please seek it should you need it.

Reactions: 9
You need to be very brave and call the police and someone you trust to help you. It's hard. I know it's hard, and if you can't do it now, start making plans. Call Women's Aid, start pulling yours and your kids important documents together. Get some money put aside...in other words plan for if you need to leave in a hurry. I have been there. If nothing else I can be a listening ear if you need one xxxx

Reactions: 16
He’s never done it
You need to do what’s best for the kids. Get in contact with DA charity but please, don’t contact Part Time Working Mummy.
I’ve never been there thankfully but you need to leave.

Reactions: 8
He’s never done it
you can always leave 💕 he doesn’t own you and the children, contact a trusted friend and ask them to come get you, or the police. You and your children must be terrified, find somewhere safe to go while you figure the rest out 💕

Reactions: 5
He’s never done it
Stay strong lovely. I agree with all the other ladies above. You can leave. He doesn’t own you and you need to keep yourself and your kids safe. Much love xx

Reactions: 6
Good morning. How are you feeling now? Did you manage to tell anyone in the house or leave? I hope you are safe.

Reactions: 4
Sadly if he’s done it once, it won’t be the last time. For your children, you need to be strong. What a weak, horrid man x

Reactions: 1
Please know this is not your fault. He has crossed that boundary and unfortunately he will do it again. Please get help

Reactions: 3
Please try to get yourself looked at. You might need antibiotics because of the bite. I hope you are ok. Xxxxxx

Reactions: 4
I really hope you're ok. xxx
I've been through this with my first husband and believe me, whatever he says today about it not happening again and how sorry he is - don't believe him because he will do it again.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
He’s never done it
Hope you’re ok?

Thank you ladies, I took the kids and left with them. Drove 3 hours back home in the middle of the night and left him there. ive had phone calls from him and his family to check up on me and see what’s going on. I’ve just said I need space to think about it all.
Weve argued but he’s never been violent! It really shocked me!

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.