Dolly Alderton / Pandora Sykes #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recap: Dolly has gone for a cash grab with her latest book, Panda has gone full influencer on IG and is doing ads for Sézane, and we still haven't found a replacement for The High Low!

Also, still no word on Everything I Know About Love S2 even though Dolly has said she would love another installment of the show.

Will you be buying Dolly's new book?

61343296._SY475_.jpg

Inspired by this thread there is now a thread to discuss all the 'Literary Luvvies' in Dolly and Panda's circle. Maybe people are discussing Dolly and Panda on that thread instead of this now? I'm not sure, but I made a new thread for those who want to continue the discussion here (or post on both threads!)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Huh? We already have a new thread??!
Don't think so. If you click the tab this is thread #3 for Dolly/Panda. Do you mean the 'Literary Luvvies' thread? I thought that was a separate thread for other London writers. It's not tagged and so doesn't link to the Dolly/Panda threads and is in a different forum to these threads. I only really follow Dolly these days, so haven't read that thread. When threads have tags (like this one does) they usually just continue with the same name/new number so I made a new thread when #2 reached 1K.

Guys I’m confused what thread to use :)

I do think some of the people on the Luvvies thread haven’t been following these two as closely as we do

Maybe a mod can link the other thread to the Dolly/Panda tab since the creation of this thread seems to have caused one person so much grief! 😂

Reactions: 1
Guys I’m confused what thread to use :)

I do think some of the people on the Luvvies thread haven’t been following these two as closely as we do
I think the confusion arose because it was never really decided that the new thread would replace this thread - or was it and I missed it? In any case, the old thread was never locked (which it should have been if a replacement had been made) and the new thread is in a completely different forum to this one - so a lot of confusion all round! The new thread also doesn't link back to this one/the old threads when you click on the tab at the top.

I had a quick look through the new thread and don't really know of any of the people being discussed/or am just not interested in them - so if anyone is interested in just keeping up with Pandora/Dolly and discussing in more depth - maybe this thread can be used for that.

Reactions: 4
Anyone have any idea who this influencer might be from Dolly's column at the weekend? Not sure if it's anyone very well known but I was wondering...

Screenshot_20221025-204422_Chrome.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I am super new here still and not sure if this is right place - but I noticed that Em Rata / Emily Ratajkowski now has a podcast called High Low. The description is pretty much exactly what Pandora and Dolly were aiming for too mixing pop culture with more serious topics. I feel like Em is definitely trying to be taken seriously as a writer (fair enough - I'm sure she's not an idiot) but there's no acknowledgement that she's nicked the name from two relatively established writers...

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.