Dolly Alderton / Pandora Sykes #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread here. Quick update:

The High Low is no more. There was a live Christmas show this week and the final podcast was last week.

That's it I guess!

Last thread here:

Reactions: 7
I just watched the live show before it disappeared. I don’t understand why it was only available for 48 hours. Would have preferred to watch it at the weekend.
I loved the high low and have listened from the start. It’s my favourite and I’ll be sad to see it go.

Ah I forgot the live expired after 48 hours - I missed the first half absent mindedly so guess that’s gone forever. I will miss them! As much as I’ve become disenfranchised recently, in the glory days it was so so good and there’s such a gap in the market for female led cultural commentary. Hopefully someone else jumps in soon!

Pandys new podcast about missing people that was mentioned in the Grazia article actually sounds interesting. Wonder what dolly’s tv project is? I’m SURE that ages ago she was in talks about potentially adapting Everything I Know About Love for the screen so wonder if that’s back on the cards! She seems to be distancing herself from that image now and being her own brand (ie not wanting to be a millenial Carrie Bradshaw) but equally an opportunity like that would be hard to say no to!

Reactions: 8
Agree it should’ve been available for longer. I enjoyed watching and there were some funny bits. I’m glad they’ve raised lots of money for charity.

There’ll definitely be a void in my commute from now on (when I’m actually allowed to commute again!) if anyone has any good suggestions for other podcasts then I’d love to hear them. So many podcasts for women in their 30s seem to be Mumlife based and it’s actually nice to escape from that!

I wasn’t aware until listening to the last episode that Pandora played such a huge part in Dolly’s career getting her the gig at The Times!

Agree it should’ve been available for longer. I enjoyed watching and there were some funny bits. I’m glad they’ve raised lots of money for charity.

There’ll definitely be a void in my commute from now on (when I’m actually allowed to commute again!) if anyone has any good suggestions for other podcasts then I’d love to hear them. So many podcasts for women in their 30s seem to be Mumlife based and it’s actually nice to escape from that!

I wasn’t aware until listening to the last episode that Pandora played such a huge part in Dolly’s career getting her the gig at The Times!
I'm really enjoying Sentimental Garbage which Dolly recommended: in-depth discussion of "chick lit" books

Reactions: 4
Reactions: 3
I listened to The Missing earlier because I enjoy true crime. It was strange. The lady being interviewed about her son was very engaging to listen to but Pandora didn’t exactly add anything and to be honest I forgot she was there for the most part. The strange bit was how it links with an ongoing project to solve missing people cases... it wasn’t entirely clear how they expected the listener to be able to help...?

Reactions: 5
I wonder if pandora is attempting a move into serious broadcasting. She seems especially proud of her radio 4 appearances on her website bio. While I remember, did anyone listen to her ages ago on a radio 4 book programme (maybe ‘a good read’)? She seemed to flounder under pressure and want to say the right thing.

Also, I remember her saying on the high low that she really wasn’t a fan of crime novels and being v dismissive of the writing in books like ‘The Girl on the Train’ etc so I was a bit surprised by this move into a crime type podcast.

Thought the podcast was ok. Agree that Pandora didn’t add anything, just presented links. I was a bit confused by the insinuation that there would be a big reveal.

She definitely wants to move into more serious, intellectual stuff so the true crime podcast is a weird one. As for saying she didn’t like crime novels, she was also really dismissive of Marie Kondo and the Mrs Hinch trend... and then she wrote an article for Vogue a few weeks ago about her love of tidying and keeping house 😂 She just doesn’t want to admit to having having mainstream interests (Dolly is the same, in my opinion).

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Pandora has major Cressida from Bridgerton vibes...
I listened to episode one and two of The Missing and wasn’t really my thing. Feels like Pandora is only the mouthpiece

I am persevering with The Missing because I find the cases super interesting but I am being driven mad by Pandora pronouncing ‘police’ as ‘pleece’

• Haha
I can see from her stories that Pandy got rid of the gifted £3k rug! Influencers have such a sweet deal, they get paid for the partnership, get the product free, then sell it and buy something they actually like 😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.