Doireann O' Leary #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
#thingsilearnfromthesurgeon. Wow never knew she was married to a surgeon ??!! Lol Yawn.
what an idiot
Lol,

He doesn’t follow her though... probably incredibly embarrassed of her. The less he knows, the better for him I guess!

Reactions: 6
Seems to me from that video that she is filming/snapping using the ultra wide lens on her phone and that's what is skewing the image. It's meant for wide angle shots not close ups and as a result it stretches out and elongates things in the foreground (the tiles, her leg) but doesn't affect things in the background (e.g. her noggin!), The closer something is placed to the lens the more pronounced the effect will be (why we have the superfoot). Try it on your own phone.
That makes sense!! Well spotted

Reactions: 1
Is it just me or can you see her using a clicker in her hand in the moving story in the white dress?

Is it just me or can you see her using a clicker in her hand in the moving story in the white dress?
Came on to say the same. And in a public area of her hotel too 😆 Poor girl needs to take a step back from SM and enjoy her time off with her husband.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Came on to say the same. And in a public area of her hotel too 😆 Poor girl needs to take a step back from SM and enjoy her time off with her husband.
The surgeon must have wised up and is refusing to play along and take photos for her to photoshop. Of course she packed her tripod and clicker just in case.

Reactions: 4
Does anyone know if there’s somewhere official that one could write a complaint about her to? Like for example the teaching council or something along those lines, but in the medical sense? Some sort of regulatory body? I just really think she shouldn’t be on Instagram, monetising on her “profession”. Disgraceful. I will caveat this by saying I used to enjoy her content in the past, it has just gone down the drain quick and fast.
It would be the Medical Council. I had a quick look at their code of ethics and to be honest it's not very detailed when it comes to social media but this part on gifts is interesting:

"2.3 You should not accept gifts (including hospitality) from pharmaceutical, medical devices or
other commercial enterprises. This does not prevent you attending educational meetings or
receiving payment of reasonable fees for professional services to commercial enterprises.
You should be aware that even low-value promotional materials can influence prescribing
and treatment decisions"

She accepts her gifted kitchen, carpets etc as Dr Doireann O'Leary on her instagram page! These companies are surely "other commerical enterprises". Her robotic stories surely cannot be counted as professional services!?

Last edited:
  • Heart
It would be the Medical Council. I had a quick look at their code of ethics and to be honest it's not very detailed when it comes to social media but this part on gifts is interesting:

"2.3 You should not accept gifts (including hospitality) from pharmaceutical, medical devices or
other commercial enterprises. This does not prevent you attending educational meetings or
receiving payment of reasonable fees for professional services to commercial enterprises.
You should be aware that even low-value promotional materials can influence prescribing
and treatment decisions"

She accepts her gifted kitchen, carpets etc as Dr Doireann O'Leary on her instagram page! These companies are surely "other commerical enterprises". Her robotic stories surely cannot be counted as professional services!?
Wow. I wonder if the medical council would actually do anything worthwhile. She definitely shouldn’t be accepting gifts if that’s the case! Interesting how hospitality is included also.

Wow. I wonder if the medical council would actually do anything worthwhile. She definitely shouldn’t be accepting gifts if that’s the case! Interesting how hospitality is included also.
I can't understand how she is able to do #spon posts for skincare products. Surely it is a conflict of interest?

Reactions: 7
To be honest I don’t think the medical council guidance stops her accepting gifts through Insta. It’s more about whether the gifts she accepts influence her prescribing eg a pharma company gifts her something and she prescribes their drug in preference to others. She wouldn’t be doing it in plain sight on Instagram if it was something that could get her pulled up in front of the committee

and treatment decisions"

She would definitely get into trouble for selling those skincare products

She would definitely get into trouble for selling those skincare products
Doireann isn’t an idiot. And she seems really proud of getting to where she is professionally today, which she should be. I don’t think she’d be stilly enough to promote products on social medial , with such a huge following, without checking it with the medical council first.

Doireann isn’t an idiot. And she seems really proud of getting to where she is professionally today, which she should be. I don’t think she’d be stilly enough to promote products on social medial , with such a huge following, without checking it with the medical council first.
Ah now,

She has been dense enough to go on a podcast and denounce root vegetables (!) for women, connect Krispy Kreme queues to Covid-19 risk, risk exposure of patient's private information on SM (surgery set-up before coil insertion is enough for one to join the dots) and completely disregard basic cross-infection control practices in the use of her scrubs outside of surgery (in the middle of a pandemic). Have I missed anything?

This 'doctor' does not check anything with the Medical Council. The fact of the matter is that she has either a) not been reported in sufficient numbers b) not been the subject of litigation (yet). She minimises her time in surgery so the 'detriment' to patients is difficult to quantity as any bad practice has, so far, not resulted in patient harm. Causation by virtue of public platform is difficult or even impossible to prove in her circumstance. She is in a very comfortable/safe position because her contact with patients is minimised and ethics regulators have their hands tied where things are concerned because she could very well challenge any claims of misconduct by shouting 'I haven't caused any direct harm though!'.

She is manipulating and exploiting her role as a steward of community health and totally acting outside the code of ethics as detailed by the Medical Council.

At this stage, she will probably step back further from her medical duties and just capitalise on the authority implied by her qualification via social media. It is difficult for her to really get into trouble, so to speak, unless enough people flag it i.e. greater public interest OR she is found culpable of being directly responsible for harm.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Ah now,

She has been dense enough to go on a podcast and denounce root vegetables (!) for women, connect Krispy Kreme queues to Covid-19 risk, risk exposure of patient's private information on SM (surgery set-up before coil insertion is enough for one to join the dots) and completely disregard basic cross-infection control practices in the use of her scrubs outside of surgery (in the middle of a pandemic). Have I missed anything?

This 'doctor' does not check anything with the Medical Council. The fact of the matter is that she has either a) not been reported in sufficient numbers b) not been the subject of litigation (yet). She minimises her time in surgery so the 'detriment' to patients is difficult to quantity as any bad practice has, so far, not resulted in patient harm. Causation by virtue of public platform is difficult or even impossible to prove in her circumstance. She is in a very comfortable/safe position because her contact with patients is minimised and ethics regulators have their hands tied where things are concerned because she could very well challenge any claims of misconduct by shouting 'I haven't caused any direct harm though!'.

She is manipulating and exploiting her role as a steward of community health and totally acting outside the code of ethics as detailed by the Medical Council.

At this stage, she will probably step back further from her medical duties and just capitalise on the authority implied by her qualification via social media. It is difficult for her to really get into trouble, so to speak, unless enough people flag it i.e. greater public interest OR she is found culpable of being directly responsible for harm.
Ok. I don’t have the brain space for most of that 😂 i just figured if she was doing anything “wrong” she’d have been hauled up on it by now as people have been talking about reporting her for ages now.

So staged. Pretty much confirmed she has the stool insured. No doubt she has been reading here and is worried for it’s safety. View attachment 665658
Its for women are terrible! I use them as usually they are the cheapest by a lot but God forbid if you have an issue and need to speak to someone! What the hell has it to do with being a doctor??

Got quadruple Vaxed because doctor D said it’s #evidencebased and now I can’t walk??? I thought we were homies after we got absolutely fucked up on San pellegrinos and mint tea in Capri, some buzz. Dr fauci still loves ya.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Thread title:
Did Dr. D mention she's been to med school?
That hubby's a surgeon? That her pet is a stool?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Almost afraid to listen to her endometriosis podcast for fear of her giving wacky nutrition advice

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.