Doireann O' Leary #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yep her carry on tonight has given me the rage. From her tone and replies I don't think she really buys into it but is trying to garner attention that is the most dangerous aspect for me.
Just going on and on about forgoing foreign holidays but in reality that is not the only reason people need to use the airport.

I could go on and on she's made me that mad but will leave it here she is just not worth it.
In all seriousness, god forbid the government might take an approach that actually works. Imagine little old Ireland leading by example and not waiting to be told what to do. Look at the numbers in Australia - this is the best means of keeping numbers low and allowing people in a country to resume a mostly normal life. Yes Ireland is part of the EU but extraordinary times call for extraordinary measures! Think of the long term impact of keeping the whole population locked down versus the short term impact of quarantining a small portion of the population..... one is better for everybodyā€™s health and the economy, the other is not. FFs, Smh.

Reactions: 8
What people are forgetting is that Australia has gone through one of the strictest lockdowns in the world. While we were having a great summer and living a somewhat normal life, some states spent 4 months in an incredibly strict lockdown. Itā€™s not as simple as mandatory quarantine solves the problem.

Reactions: 11
What people are forgetting is that Australia has gone through one of the strictest lockdowns in the world. While we were having a great summer and living a somewhat normal life, some states spent 4 months in an incredibly strict lockdown. Itā€™s not as simple as mandatory quarantine solves the problem.
One state - Victoria, the other states have been mostly okay. And the reason they went through that was because security guards went rogue on the quarantine rules and covid made it into the wider population. Itā€™s not a completely fail safe solution but itā€™s sure as tit better than being in the situation Ireland is in now.

Reactions: 3
You are also forgetting nobody travels for work in Australia because their country is so big. People often have to travel for essential work from Ireland. Would they have to quarantine for 2 weeks when they get back?

Reactions: 5
You are also forgetting nobody travels for work in Australia because their country is so big. People often have to travel for essential work from Ireland. Would they have to quarantine for 2 weeks when they get back?
Heaps of people travel for their work from Australia, both interstate and overseas. As I said it does not solve everything but would you prefer everybody to be locked up for months on end and numbers still through the roof or a small portion of the population having to quarantine on a mandatory basis. It also provides income to an otherwise defunct hotel industry during this time.

Reactions: 4
I know Ireland is part of the EU but if i recall correctly some European countries had land borders closed at one point near the beginning so i assume it can be done.
I think the real blocker is the inability to have a border with NI, so two differing restrictions on one island and free travel between the two

Reactions: 7
I think we need to work on getting people on our island to follow the guidelines that are in place at the mo before we look at introducing anything. Australia also had strict curfews, heavy fines if you were caught out after the hours, or if you were caught without a mask. We can't implement the restrictions we have here!
And tbh I'll never agree with a suggestion that Dr Doireann makes because I do not value her narrow-minded opinion in any way, shape or form, so if that's what she's suggesting then no I don't think it'll work.

Reactions: 9
I think we need to work on getting people on our island to follow the guidelines that are in place at the mo before we look at introducing anything. Australia also had strict curfews, heavy fines if you were caught out after the hours, or if you were caught without a mask. We can't implement the restrictions we have here!
And tbh I'll never agree with a suggestion that Dr Doireann makes because I do not value her narrow-minded opinion in any way, shape or form, so if that's what she's suggesting then no I don't think it'll work.
this is it, like if the rules we had were being followed and it wasnā€™t working then yes weā€™d need to do something more radical but people canā€™t stay within their 5k so there is no hope of them complying with stricter rules.

even if we partially closed our borders, as we canā€™t fully cos of the Good Friday agreement, youā€™d have people doing what Dr Lisa did and just travelling through Belfast interacting with even more people and spreading it further.

oh noooo, genuinely didnā€™t want to derail this thread. Only wanted to highlight that sheā€™s up to her usual tricks of only selecting certain facts to support her agenda / not providing impartial information.

oh noooo, genuinely didnā€™t want to derail this thread. Only wanted to highlight that sheā€™s up to her usual tricks of only selecting certain facts to support her agenda / not providing impartial information.
Yes that's what I don't like about her but couldn't explain.... By narrow minded I meant she doesn't provide impartial information. It's quite sad to see for such a highly educated professional but it makes me so mad every time! And she ALWAYS does it about something really controversial that she knows will draw attention

Reactions: 7
Anna Kirwan, she has posted products in the last 24hrs, very generic and clearly promotional. Dry shampoo and a water bottle, no #sp or #ad just a plain photo with her recommendation....yawn
Is anyone seeing her posts? I think itā€™s really fake and off putting that someone would sign themselves up to an agency and then start posting all sorts of random content to get their name out there, when they have no real follower base and only in the limelight because of their partner.

Reactions: 6
She has posted her Instagram poll on mandatory quarantine on twitter and tagged Simon Harris. Does she realise he is no longer the minister for health ? Also , I donā€™t the believe the way the effect change is via social media and tagging various ministers with results of an Instagram poll. Call me cynical ...

Reactions: 13
She has posted her Instagram poll on mandatory quarantine on twitter and tagged Simon Harris. Does she realise he is no longer the minister for health ? Also , I donā€™t the believe the way the effect change is via social media and tagging various ministers with results of an Instagram poll. Call me cynical ...
I think its gas that shes like 'heres my insta poll, please bring in these restrictions'

Then on insta shes selling sweaty bettyšŸ™ƒ

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't think poor Simon has realised himself either! He was on the news today about the Coombe vaccines. Still a better minister than Donnelly šŸ™„

Reactions: 10
If they do bring in mandatory quarantine she will think it was because of her šŸ¤£
This one lacks so much intelligence itā€™s shocking. Just shows you can learn everything off for exams but you canā€™t study personality

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I really donā€™t get this one. The oversized glasses, the gowns, the white mini, the Prada prints in the living room... she screams basic. Like your one Denise Kenny - ā€œdrink water!ā€, ā€œletā€™s wear dresses!ā€, ā€œmanifest your best life!ā€.... I canā€™t deal with either of them

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Can ye imagine her stories when she starts administering the vaccine? She will be unbearable.

I am not anti-vaxx at all but I am just dreading her stories! She will think she is Florence Nightingale.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.