Doireann O' Leary #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@CiCi87 I understood what you meant when you said you couldn't accept a pen, I thought it was obvious that you meant from sales reps etc. but maybe that's because I've some experience with it.

I don't believe a GP should be advertising ANYTHING relating to health except to refer people to official guidelines, HSE website, dietician's advice etc. I don't believe it's ethical and it certainly would make me question her ethics. That's my opinion and I think doctors should be held to a higher standard than Gemma Collins or Pippa O'Connor.
I think most people know there are restrictions around what gifts can be accepted by medical professionals, whether they have direct experience of it or not. There are similar rules in many other professions including my own. The statement still wasn’t factually correct.

I’m sure Doireann is familiar with the rules, I’ve yet to see anyone specify exactly what rules she is breaking. I’m interested in seeing it in black and white as opposed to people’s opinions on it. Maybe those in the know could provide a link?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You're just being obtuse and you know exactly what people mean, the same way that you knew exactly what CiCi meant.

I know that for me it's important that someone in her position sticks to the rules (that's the law in her job) but I'd actually judge her more in her ethics and behaviour (tweeting fat people queuing for donuts equals fat people queueing for COVID tests, for example).
That's my opinion now so you won't find that in the rulebook.

Reactions: 11
I think most people know there are restrictions around what gifts can be accepted by medical professionals, whether they have direct experience of it or not. There are similar rules in many other professions including my own. The statement still wasn’t factually correct.

I’m sure Doireann is familiar with the rules, I’ve yet to see anyone specify exactly what rules she is breaking. I’m interested in seeing it in black and white as opposed to people’s opinions on it. Maybe those in the know could provide a link?
Well for a start, doctors aren’t supposed to engage in fraud or deception. Do you honestly believe Doireann is drinking those crappy energy drinks?

She was also driving a free car for a long time before she declared it was a freebie. And if that’s not bad enough for you, she also used a charity for sick children to promote herself. You don’t need a law degree to know how disgustingly morally wrong that is

Reactions: 19
You're just being obtuse and you know exactly what people mean, the same way that you knew exactly what CiCi meant.

I know that for me it's important that someone in her position sticks to the rules (that's the law in her job) but I'd actually judge her more in her ethics and behaviour (tweeting fat people queuing for donuts equals fat people queueing for COVID tests, for example).
That's my opinion now so you won't find that in the rulebook.
People are more than entitled to their opinions on her but there is a blurring of the lines between opinion and facts on this thread. That is my opinion. Making statements that are not correct isn’t helpful, some people might believe them.

• Heart
I can’t imagine Doireann would be so open about her paid partnerships etc if there was an issue? I’m guessing she would have checked with the ICGP/IMO before engaging in such strong social media advertising? Surely someone would have reported her if there was an issue?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Suppose it's the same blurring that Doireann does, she skates a bit close to the wind too with her ethics. Except on here we're just a bunch of nobody's but she's a medical professional with a massive following, I absolutely see your point :)

Reactions: 7
Suppose it's the same blurring that Doireann does, she skates a bit close to the wind too with her ethics. Except on here we're just a bunch of nobody's but she's a medical professional with a massive following, I absolutely see your point :)
Well we’re all anonymous here so who knows who is lurking. I just don’t think it’s any morally better for people to be stating that she is breaking rules if she isn’t. I agree with the poster above you said she probably checked it out to make sure she didn’t. I agree that she hasn’t covered herself in glory with her past actions but that’s still different to breaking any specific rules.

@CiCi87 I understood what you meant when you said you couldn't accept a pen, I thought it was obvious that you meant from sales reps etc. but maybe that's because I've some experience with it.

I don't believe a GP should be advertising ANYTHING relating to health except to refer people to official guidelines, HSE website, dietician's advice etc. I don't believe it's ethical and it certainly would make me question her ethics. That's my opinion and I think doctors should be held to a higher standard than Gemma Collins or Pippa O'Connor.
doctors are held to a higher standard. I think the medical council needs to wake up to this!

Reactions: 12
doctors are held to a higher standard. I think the medical council needs to wake up to this!
Maybe it’s telling that they haven’t. Maybe they don’t have an issue with a doctor advertising vitamin drinks or tacky prints 🤷🏼‍♀️.

Reactions: 2
Was she not supposed to announce the winner of her competition : charity fundraiser today ?
Had a look at this there as I donated because i thought it was a good cause. I completely forgot about the competition. Checked out her page and the competition post has been deleted?

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Oh my god this is not good enough ! Does anyone remember the name of the page ? It’s deleted and the link is gone from her bio. Last I looked there was €7k on it

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Completely off topic but did you see in y/day post - info on the rowing machine was corved by an icon /emoji . Mins are not to be seen

so watching here ...... Hellooo little lady ....!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Completely off topic but did you see in y/day post - info on the rowing machine was corved by an icon /emoji . Mins are not to be seen

so watching here ...... Hellooo little lady ....!
saw That and immediately thought of here !
She needs to be questioned on the deleted competition post. Doireann what are you at ? You thought you were popular enough that you would have a huge success like Rosie Connolly for your raffle and that it would boost your profile didn’t you!

Reactions: 10
Ya like 550 donations/entries out of 173k followers isnt great!

She needs to be asked about the winner. It looks fierce dodgy if she has deleted the post. Is she embarrassed by the fact it didnt reach its target.

Reactions: 11
how did she think she could get away with it? I did notice she didn’t share the competition at all after she posted. I think it would have reached more people if she gave it a share every few days.

Reactions: 6
I’m sorry but WTAF? Has the charity received all their donations? Was a legitimate winner chosen and given their prize? I actually cannot believe how dodgy and wrong this is. She gets worse by the second! 😡

Reactions: 15
Her post today.. Instead of admitting she saved the story like a normal decent person and uploaded later, she said she thought it was Tuesday. The phone automatically knows the day you clown if it was posted live. Seriously how are people like her doctors. We're a lot smarter than you anyway pet.

Also... Can't believe what I'm reading in relation to the charity/competition. She needs to be called out on it.

Reactions: 14
She’s very 1950 isn’t she... yes we need people to push cervical smears I’m all for it. But she never talks about male cancer issues or male fertility or male contraception unless she’s pushing the snip... I would not like to be a patient of hers as I find her thinking a little dated!! The raffle needs to be called out maybe I’ll message the charity page

Reactions: 10
She’s very 1950 isn’t she... yes we need people to push cervical smears I’m all for it. But she never talks about male cancer issues or male fertility or male contraception unless she’s pushing the snip... I would not like to be a patient of hers as I find her thinking a little dated!! The raffle needs to be called out maybe I’ll message the charity page
I’ll message them too. I’m not letting this go

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.