Doireann O' Leary #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You would despair reading the questions in to Doireann. We are almost 10 months into this pandemic and people still dont understand what they need to do if they are a close contact! No wonder we are in the position we are in now.

My friend's cousin had a friend call over one day. This was months ago over the summer when visits were allowed. The visitor lives with their Mum and she mentioned her Mum had tested positive. My friend's cousin had to ask her to leave and went and arranged a test. But for someone to be so stupid to visit a friend when someone in her house was positive!

Reactions: 10
Honestly. She put up a tweet that was concise and quite clear and built a whole Q&A on it. People are stupid. 10 months in like.

Reactions: 7
The Covid restrictions and rules are easily available via the HSE and other trusted sources. Why do people need to message her about them? Honest to God. The stupidity of it.

Also, most of her medical posts (when she isn't flogging energy drinks or shampoo) are obviously taken from Google. Amazing the heights that people hold doctors to.

Doctors can hardly accept accept free pens anymore because of ethical issues! How on earth is she allowed to have a free car?

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Was she not supposed to announce the winner of her competition : charity fundraiser today ?

Reactions: 8
Doireann is celebrating taking her tree down with..... “a cold glass of water” Is she genuinely losing it or purposely trying to provoke a reaction? Either way, what an utterly bizarre thing to post
No she is just sad . She is just pathetic . When you are so simple you think everyone is as simple as you .

She’s like watching grey paint dry. Nothing to her at all, it’s all so over-curated and joyless. The mini, the designer clothes, the blonde curls, the laminated face, the house with no character, the bleeping stethoscope- I’d say she wears it in the shower lest someone catch her without it and not know she’s a doctor. Imagine being mistaken for a mere mortal 😱

• Haha
Reactions: 32
She’s like watching grey paint dry. Nothing to her at all, it’s all so over-curated and joyless. The mini, the designer clothes, the blonde curls, the laminated face, the house with no character, the bleeping stethoscope- I’d say she wears it in the shower lest someone catch her without it and not know she’s a doctor. Imagine being mistaken for a mere mortal 😱
Defo did medicine for all the wrong reasons.

Reactions: 16
Let's not forget the wig...in the middle of a pandemic when everyone had roots during the first lockdown she sported a wig!

Her stories on the cross trainer today...she was on it 4 mins when she pulled out the phone! Her stories are so repetitive. It is the same thing every single day.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I second this. Not suited to a career in medicine at all.
Agree entirely. There’s not an altruistic bone in her emaciated body. She clearly became a doctor for the money and status, as proven by her publicly declaring herself a “surgeon’s wife” She’s a complete embarrassment, who has absolutely nothing going for her which is why she has to define herself by her job.

Reactions: 17
I second this. Not suited to a career in medicine at all.
I dont know, she must be somewhat good because she has patients. A person i know brought her baby to her being she felt something was off and so did doireann so she sent her to hospital. Turned out the poor love had cancer. Shes totally fine now but another doctor might of sent them home

• Heart
No morals. I work in a hospital and we can’t use pens with logos or accept even a free lunch from any companies as we can’t be seen to promote one over another. How the heck does she get away with it.

Reactions: 14
No morals. I work in a hospital and we can’t use pens with logos or accept even a free lunch from any companies as we can’t be seen to promote one over another. How the heck does she get away with it.
She’s promoting energy drinks and natural deodorant, not prescription items, pharmaceutical products or drugs. Where’s the conflict? You couldn’t accept a pen from AIB or An Post or some other completely unrelated company merch?

Reactions: 6
She’s promoting energy drinks and natural deodorant, not prescription items, pharmaceutical products or drugs. Where’s the conflict? You couldn’t accept a pen from AIB or An Post or some other completely unrelated company merch?
Obviously, I could use a pen from an unrelated field like banking.
Energy drinks shouldn’t be promoted by a GP. Are they required to meet your nutritional needs? There are known dangers in consuming products such as the one she is promoting. Does she highlight that?
When promoting a nutritional supplement you should give at least 3 examples of brands so that you’re not showing bias/promoting one company over another when the products are essentially the same.

Reactions: 15
Obviously, I could use a pen from an unrelated field like banking.
Energy drinks shouldn’t be promoted by a GP. Are they required to meet your nutritional needs? There are known dangers in consuming products such as the one she is promoting. Does she highlight that?
When promoting a nutritional supplement you should give at least 3 examples of brands so that you’re not showing bias/promoting one company over another when the products are essentially the same.
You just said you weren’t allowed to accept a pen so it wasn’t clear that it was only certain pens. If the energy drink she was promoting was dangerous when used as intended surely it wouldn’t be on sale here. People eat and drink many things that are not required to meet their nutritional needs.
Is she actually promoting the vitamins in an ad or is she just showing the ones she uses personally? Is that not allowed?

Reactions: 1
You just said you weren’t allowed to accept a pen so it wasn’t clear that it was only certain pens. If the energy drink she was promoting was dangerous when used as intended surely it wouldn’t be on sale here. People eat and drink many things that are not required to meet their nutritional needs.
Is she actually promoting the vitamins in an ad or is she just showing the ones she uses personally? Is that not allowed?
She should know the rules around promoting supplements etc as she works in healthcare (which you clearly don’t with your “it wasn’t clear that it was only certain pens” 🙄🤣)

Reactions: 4
She should know the rules around promoting supplements etc as she works in healthcare (which you clearly don’t with your “it wasn’t clear that it was only certain pens” 🙄🤣)
I was highlighting how you weren’t very clear in your post, which has obviously gone over your head, you said you couldn’t accept a pen but obviously you can.

Reactions: 1
@CiCi87 I understood what you meant when you said you couldn't accept a pen, I thought it was obvious that you meant from sales reps etc. but maybe that's because I've some experience with it.

I don't believe a GP should be advertising ANYTHING relating to health except to refer people to official guidelines, HSE website, dietician's advice etc. I don't believe it's ethical and it certainly would make me question her ethics. That's my opinion and I think doctors should be held to a higher standard than Gemma Collins or Pippa O'Connor.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.