Dog help please

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys,
My little Pom’s now 8 she’s got a spot on her eye. We noticed it last week but didn’t think too much of it but curiosity got the better of me and I’ve googled it. Our local vets are not able to get us in until Monday. The spot is very small on her eye lid 😔. I suffer really badly with health anxiety and my little pooch is our everything. I’ve cried tears already thinking the worse. Just thought maybe it was worth asking some advice on her to see if anybody’s had something similar with their dog or even knows more.

Hi guys,
My little Pom’s now 8 she’s got a spot on her eye. We noticed it last week but didn’t think too much of it but curiosity got the better of me and I’ve googled it. Our local vets are not able to get us in until Monday. The spot is very small on her eye lid 😔. I suffer really badly with health anxiety and my little pooch is our everything. I’ve cried tears already thinking the worse. Just thought maybe it was worth asking some advice on her to see if anybody’s had something similar with their dog or even knows more.
What kind of spot? Can you find a pic on Google? My husband is a vet so I can ask him for you.
what I would say though is that pets can be very resilient and go through all types of things ok! It’s prob nothing but good that you’re getting it checked out x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
It probably won’t be anything to worry about. Worts and moles are common on dogs. If it looks dodgy they will sample it.

• Heart
Thank you so much❤. So the spot is similar to this
Are you talking about the little wart thing at the corner on the top lid?

My old boy had one of those for years, never bothered him an the vet wasn't fussed about it if it wasn't bothering him, this is what his was like, it would grow then burst an we would need to clean it, then start again, we did tell the vet all this an he had a look but it seems to be something that can just happen in old age, the first time it burst we thought maybe that was it gone but a few days later another one just started growing again

It's always better to get things like this checked out but if it's like my dogs one then unfortunately there's not much you can do, I will say though it never affected his eyesight, he never went blind with it

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes it’s very similar to that of your dogs but it is actually on her eye lid. Ah dogs just are just so precious she’s my first dog and literally can’t imagine life without her ☹. Trying to think positive. Our appointment isn’t until Monday.

Yes it’s very similar to that of your dogs but it is actually on her eye lid. Ah dogs just are just so precious she’s my first dog and literally can’t imagine life without her ☹. Trying to think positive. Our appointment isn’t until Monday.
Trust me if the vet thought it was worth worrying about they would have squeezed you in earlier. Not trying to discount your worry but just put this into perspective. Cancerous growths don’t have a bubble shape x

• Heart
Yeah that's where his was as well, it was on his actual eye lid, it just looks weird cause that was it when it was at its biggest when I took the photo

Hi guys,

Vet Nurse here. If it's definitely on her eyelid and not on her eyeball, don't worry. Yes will need checking, and may need removed if it's bothering her or rubbing her eye, but don't panic.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Vet Nurse here. If it's definitely on her eyelid and not on her eyeball, don't worry. Yes will need checking, and may need removed if it's bothering her or rubbing her eye, but don't panic.
ah really? Thank you so much. It’s defiantly on her eye lid. That’s defiantly put my mind at ease until Monday 💕💕.

Thought I would update…you literally could not make this up on Monday morning me and my husband were expecting her eye which myslef
Or he was doing numerous times a day but the spot had vanished…gone. We couldn’t believe it so we called our vets we still kept our appointment and took her that evening. The vet said she seemed in great health and the spot was most probably just the sort of thing they we get but just to keep an eye out. Such a huge relief for us because our little Pom is our sunshine 🥺💛.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thought I would update…you literally could not make this up on Monday morning me and my husband were expecting her eye which myslef
Or he was doing numerous times a day but the spot had vanished…gone. We couldn’t believe it so we called our vets we still kept our appointment and took her that evening. The vet said she seemed in great health and the spot was most probably just the sort of thing they we get but just to keep an eye out. Such a huge relief for us because our little Pom is our sunshine 🥺💛.
awww glad she's ok. Mine have all passed now but one came up with a lump, had it looked at and was told to keep an eye on it then one day it vanished! I know how you feel about the anxiety. Once my boy had cherry eye but back then I'd never heard of it being young and I was crying my eyes out all night thinking it was cancer. In the end I found out what it was after a vet visit and it was massaged back in and I would be able to do that when it popped out. I decided after my last two past no more because of the sheer upset I go through. I still look after a little chihuahua for a family friend a lot.

• Heart