Does stuff on insta make you want to buy?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im pretty good at not letting mummy influencers sway me into buying stuff now.
I resistes the snooze pod, change bag and sleepyhead occasionally they come out with product and i think thats fab.
I often like most of katie Ellison home and fashion but we skint and i say we cant afford it.
My weakness is home or bargain buy account.
Yesterday i mentally mourned a marks and Spencer item that went in sale that i had been eying up for ages now its out of stock.
I dont need it its just pretty.
I have stopped watching most haul videos on you tube as it made me want to go Primark or home bargains and buy.
Occasionally its a useful item but most of the time its decorative.
The baby doesn't like shopping much so thats saved me money im going to shops less.
I dont want to delete insta but this year i am trying to declutter become more minimalist and environmentally aware.
Do you get sucked in by insta making you want stuff.
Trying more independents and buy mkre expensive/better quality.
Considered purchases not impulse.
Banning most brands that gift infleunecers.
Stopped buying magazines
Skip through adverts.
You tube and insta defiantly impact on wants amd increased spending.
Worrying my house is not good enough and feeling like we done nothing this summer no holidays at all.

Reactions: 5
Only thing I’ve ‘bought’ due to Instagram is my Cher t-shirt. I do want to buy some wigs and lashes thanks to the app though...

Reactions: 1
If someone mentions something they have actually paid for themselves and have used it and reccomends it then maybe but it its a generic ad which you know they would never use of buy in a million years then definitely not, it actually makes me avoid the product

Reactions: 3
99% of the time with influencers...no. It's actually those adverts on social media that always get me, you know when you've been googling mattresses and then suddenly the perfect mattress appears in an advert for the perfect price... yep, I've clicked and checked out within minutes.

Reactions: 5
Some Instagram accounts I think yes, I need that but then once they've been advertising for a while, I find it hard to trust whether what they are advertising is any good because they start off advertising nothing, then comes a post about how they won't advertise because they want to stay true to themselves, then they will only advertise products they truly believe in them all of a sudden every bleeping story is a swipe up and they sell any old tit regardless!

Before I fully understood then yes I was Influenced and I’ve bought many of the items Instamums have flogged over the last 2 years. Since finding Tattle I make myself stop and think about it more and I’ve not really fallen into any traps since.

Reactions: 4
Now if judt puts me off and makes me stay away from certain things... seasonings, Boden, Swan electronics etc

I came off insta for many reasons but one was because i noticed myself being influenced and thinking about having botox etc . I am 30 and didnt want to be worrying about keeping up with all these other girls on insta when i have 4 kids to focus on. So one day i just came off. Noe i dont have to compare myself to filtered pictures of people who look "perfect". Theres more to life

No if anything it makes me not want to buy, giving freebies away to so called instas and making us mere mortals pay no thanks

Reactions: 2
Sometimes things can look interesting, until you start to see a bunch of people promoting the same products at about the same time and it starts to look a little disengenuous.

I run a business which relies heavily on Instagram as a way of attracting customers. I don’t sell anything directly through insta, but I have a good following (high thousands) and have been approached so many times to pimp out products which are nothing to do with my brand. I always decline. It is just so disingenuous and as soon as I see another brand doing it I instantly lose respect for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Very... nope!! Too many so called influencers are forever posting stuff they’ve got from there. I’d say they bought it but most often it’s #gifted or #affiliated Why do I want the same as everyone else?? Joules is another... I used to like but now I’m a bit unsure I’d look like some ‘gram’ wannabe!!!! And don’t get me started on Disney!?! Always been a dream but it’s still something I’ll not be able to afford! These ‘influencers’ can only go so many times because they are #gifted the travel or the hotel or the villa or the whole lot!! I wish I could relate but I can’t!!!!!! 🙄

Not from general influencers. If a beauty account shares something I may take a look at it on the brand's website, but I'm unlikely to go ahead and purchase because I'm on quite a tight budget. Usually my thought process is 'that looks nice, I wonder how much it costs.'

I have seen a few things and subsequently purchased thing but never via a swipe up though their account 🤣

I used to work in an 'adult store' in my local city so they got me to follow loads of online brands to keep an eye on sales/trending topics/popular products etc and since I left there I never unfollowed any. My wife used to love the discounts I got and back in simpler times before marriage and kids I used to pick her up a new outfit every week but now they all collect dust and she hasnt worn anything I have bought in a LONG time. I do still get tempted and buy things I see on Instagram on sale or new things on those pages though, but they inevitably go to the back of the drawer never to be seen again. :LOL::cry:

no but i want the magic fat pants - they get them on without having to roll aboutt the floor for an hour and dont get all hot, sweaty and kick them off saying duck this i am staying in.

i want to believe they are real.

Reactions: 2