Does anyone hate their job?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found this thread :)

I don’t hate my jo, I hate the people I work with!!!!! Some of them so far up the managers hole its make me want to throw up! Of course said people get start of the month etc for doing jack tit while us fuckers have to,do the dirty work. Deputies literally put the arselickers on the same shift and the same working area so they can slag off other members of staff while putting their feet up. List goes on .

Reactions: 5
I think people in my company are more than just mental. Some of them seriously need to either quit or see a therapist.

There's this guy, he was fine when I originally started the job, very polite etc. Then, he turned a corner and became rude out of the blue. I would always start my Skype messages by "Hi XYZ, how are you" and sometimes wouldn't get any greeting back. Then one day his rudeness culminated and he just responded "What's your query" after I sent the usual "Hi XYZ" to open the conversation.

He pinged me this morning saying "Hi blah blah", so I said "Hi". I pinged him this afternoon and just said "Name, sentence". Given we'd already pinged this morning, I won't keep saying "Hi" every two minutes. Then, he started acting like he was schooling me by saying: "Hello by the way". Then I responded "Yes, hello again! We spoke this morning". The he said: "I like to start my dialogues with Hello".

Yeah right, 8/10 when I said "Hi (Name)" you didn't reciprocate with a greeting and went as far as just saying "What's your query" as if this was a customer service center and now you're worried about greetings ("Name, sentence" - yeah there's a greeting there YOUR DAMN NAME). You're rude to me and never reciprocate greetings and it's OK, but when I don't say "Hi" to you every five minutes, you're taking offense and schooling me. Eff off.

Plus, every time I say something, he's like "Fine, whatever". OK, then don't effing ask if your response is whatever.

Mental, absolutely mental. I don't know what he's trying to achieve, but he's starting to bug me. He needs an attitude check because if you're rude to me thinking I'm going to remain polite, you're in for a ride. You can't win. You try to reciprocate their shortness when they were rude to you and they school you for being rude. Wtf.

Reactions: 4
They can’t force you. You could always say you’ve done it and it was negative 😅
They say about not having to prove you are recording results on Gov website but might ask. So basically gotta take tests if go into work whether you like it or not.
Prefer to stay home. Definitely will not get tested positive there if not going out.

Reactions: 1
At the moment I do and I don't. It's been a really tit year and we're at another workload peak and it feels just relentless. I feel like my best isn't enough (no one has said that, just feels like I keep cocking up) and I'm so fed up of feeling like tit.

But I won't get the same rate of pay for a similar job elsewhere and I am hoping to tough it out for another year or so while I'm TTC and then come back part time, which I could easily do there. The mat pay is amazing too. But on days like today, it's really hard to see all that and I just want to go somewhere else. Even though it'll probably be tit there too 😂

I'm just not built for working lol

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
This may seem like a ridiculous question but does anyone know of a job where you aren't reliant on other people being competent at their job? I am so fed up of not getting anywhere because I am reliant on others in order to do my job. I'm working from home but I still need to get IT to help me out in setting stuff up and I literally get so much anxiety over being on hold for an hour and a half and them still f*cking things up leaving me weeks behind so stressful and anxiety inducing I literally feel like I'm constantly about to vomit. Even the thought of having to ring them makes me anxious.

I also depend on other people in order to do my job and it constantly has me in a state of breakdown, like I just want to cry. I am just not built for working with others. I know what I am capable of but I can only be as good as the people I am reliant on and it's dire so I feel like I am constantly underperforming. This is not an excuse that washes with my higher ups and the result is I end up working ridiculous hours to make up for other people's slack.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
This may seem like a ridiculous question but does anyone know of a job where you aren't reliant on other people being competent at their job? I am so fed up of not getting anywhere because I am reliant on others in order to do my job. I'm working from home but I still need to get IT to help me out in setting stuff up and I literally get so much anxiety over being on hold for an hour and a half and them still f*cking things up leaving me weeks behind so stressful and anxiety inducing I literally feel like I'm constantly about to vomit. Even the thought of having to ring them makes me anxious.

I also depend on other people in order to do my job and it constantly has me in a state of breakdown, like I just want to cry. I am just not built for working with others. I know what I am capable of but I can only be as good as the people I am reliant on and it's dire so I feel like I am constantly underperforming. This is not an excuse that washes with my higher ups and the result is I end up working ridiculous hours to make up for other people's slack.
Can't think of any tbh and sorry you are going through this. I think you know what to do. Managers no help? Go higher.
Even if you and your own business you need deliveries so need someone else. Even working from home just doing data inputting you still need someone to send details or voice recordings.
Sorry I'm no help ☹

• Heart

If it makes you feel any better, IT L1/L2 support is crap everywhere you go. Having worked in various companies, each IT team was worse than the previous one. These jobs are generally outsourced and sometimes, you wind up on the phone with someone whose sole purpose is to close your ticket without actually helping. It's a rampant issue.

It's very difficult to find a job where you're not dealing with people. Even if you set up your own business, you will have to deal with clients, suppliers, etc... I suppose, very job has a degree of interaction with various parties. Perhaps, the issue is not the fact that the job requires you to deal with people, but your anxiety when it comes to dealing with people. Obviously, I'm not a therapist or a doctor or a career counsellor, but perhaps start with working on your anxiety around dealing with people first? If you still find working with people difficult to manage, then perhaps start contemplating a career switch, but I suggest you deal with the anxiety as you can't escape working with people.

Good luck!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Can't think of any tbh and sorry you are going through this. I think you know what to do. Managers no help? Go higher.
Even if you and your own business you need deliveries so need someone else. Even working from home just doing data inputting you still need someone to send details or voice recordings.
Sorry I'm no help ☹
No it was just wishful thinking on my part. Every job requires working alongside others in some capacity. But somedays (particularly today) I feel completely worn down by it.

If it makes you feel any better, IT L1/L2 support is crap everywhere you go. Having worked in various companies, each IT team was worse than the previous one. These jobs are generally outsourced and sometimes, you wind up on the phone with someone whose sole purpose is to close your ticket without actually helping. It's a rampant issue.

It's very difficult to find a job where you're not dealing with people. Even if you set up your own business, you will have to deal with clients, suppliers, etc... I suppose, very job has a degree of interaction with various parties. Perhaps, the issue is not the fact that the job requires you to deal with people, but your anxiety when it comes to dealing with people. Obviously, I'm not a therapist or a doctor or a career counsellor, but perhaps start with working on your anxiety around dealing with people first? If you still find working with people difficult to manage, then perhaps start contemplating a career switch, but I suggest you deal with the anxiety as you can't escape working with people.

Good luck!
I do need some help with my anxiety it's true. It's just unfortunate that work is what makes me anxious all of the time. I was unemployed for two months at the start of the pandemic and although money was tight I was literally shocked at how relaxed I was I think for the first time as an adult. It was a real eye opener. But here I am straight back in it again. Just wish I could retire...............

• Heart
Reactions: 3
No it was just wishful thinking on my part. Every job requires working alongside others in some capacity. But somedays (particularly today) I feel completely worn down by it.

I do need some help with my anxiety it's true. It's just unfortunate that work is what makes me anxious all of the time. I was unemployed for two months at the start of the pandemic and although money was tight I was literally shocked at how relaxed I was I think for the first time as an adult. It was a real eye opener. But here I am straight back in it again. Just wish I could retire...............
Guess we all feel like that. I hope you can talk to someone at work, maybe they don't see any problems? Dunno but I did as I've said talk my manager but naff all his been done twice now so 1 more go. Good luck

• Heart
Right now I do. I am exhausted. I work for my dad and he runs two companies and his view was I always suppose to take one over but this has never been my game plan and after an influx of crazy customers lately I just don't want to do it. I am so tempted to walk but relying on my husbands wage along will be tight, do able but tight.

I feel that I shouldn't been ungrateful as I earn good money and only work about 3 days a week but I just have no drive. I have an art degree and really want to head back in that direction.

• Sad
I hate my job so much! I hated it before I left for mat leave and now I’m back part time and loathe it 😭.
Casual misogyny is the norm, In a friendly debate I was asked why women deserve maternity leave as babies should be planned so far I advance you wouldn’t need it & if you hadn’t planned it you should simply not take any leave … it’s 2021, are we still having these conversations? Is that normal? Im so frustrated at being managed by people with such narrow views but I just can’t pluck up the courage to walk away and start somewhere new.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
i cant stand my job. i work in retail on part time hours and i’m always left alone on the till. all of the other workers are so rude and barely speak to me, they believe they are above working on the till. i sit and ring the bell when it’s busy and no one comes they just sit and stare at me. i’m so lonely in my job i just wish i worked with nicer people 😞 working with the public is bad enough.

• Heart
i cant stand my job. i work in retail on part time hours and i’m always left alone on the till. all of the other workers are so rude and barely speak to me, they believe they are above working on the till. i sit and ring the bell when it’s busy and no one comes they just sit and stare at me. i’m so lonely in my job i just wish i worked with nicer people 😞 working with the public is bad enough.
So the answer is to leave, if that unhappy and the other workers being that way then nothing is gonna change. So get looking for other jobs, register with agencies etc. With retail experience you'll have a good chance of finding work elsewhere, good luck.

This is common in retail and is not a reflection on you at all. It always baffled me how someone applied for a job in a supermarket (usually men) yet didn’t want to be the “till witch”.

Stores with a culture like yours though are not worth the stress so I would look at other roles in better or even smaller companies. Whilst you’re there I would still insist you want to learn other stuff to do with stock control etc.

It can't be nice to work in that type of environment. Don't let the buggers get you down though! Look for a new role in the mean time. Good luck!

Started a new job, nearly 4 months in and I dread waking up everyday. I'm still learning about the clients we have but I feel like I'm being thrown in the deep end. My performance review was positive and my boss is nice however when it comes to my actual work he isn't much help. I've been on annual leave twice and he's meant to be my cover however he didn't do anything and just apologised that more urgent work came up. I get it priorities etc however this happened twice.

Before one of my holidays he dropped an issue on me which I found utterly pointless as I was away for a week then I had to pick it up again as he didn't do anything with it! Despite there being an active complaint with the customer. I get the feeling he doesn't like delivering bad news to customers and stays out of the way but he's head of the team. I also can't stick to deliverable dates for work as we have no people to spare so clients have to wait weeks for a simple activity to be implemented. Also, 3 elements of my role are non existent as there's just no work so I'm bored and I have literally asked for more work. Now my time sheets are being questioned for having "general" as I can't book time to customers as there isn't much to do.. so I'm looking for a new job again which is frustrating as it took me 3 months to get this role after being a temp for 3 years at my previous place

In a way, yes. I like the job itself but I work for an agency and don't enjoy dealing with them. Just find it awkward to say no or change my availability as I'm also a student. The pay is rubbish. I've never been sure what I actually want to do.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.