Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I also vote Kara and Nate. I've really enjoyed them. Find their videos really interesting and new and informative and they are very smiley!

Reactions: 3
I think most of the budget travelers have some sort of business or property portfolio that they aren't upfront about. I used to follow World Towning 'we sold everything and moved into a RV!' but discovered they are big property owners. Used to like Travel Mad Mum until she asked every follower for at least £1 per month as her London mortgage was increasing. Yeah right love, we could all travel if we were getting #ad #spon and someone to pay the mortgage!

Reactions: 1

Miss polar

VIP Member
Thanks both. I follow endless adventure. Will check the others out. We have a camper van, so currently checking out some van life type ones.

Horatio

VIP Member
kara and nate
Yeah I really recommend these two. They produce good quality videos , are naturally charming on screen and with each other (they are married) and most importantly seem like quite decent people - always very respectful of other cultures / keen to learn. But they aren't prentsious either, they won't go to a museum just because it's the done thing or whatever, they even say they are generally more interested in food tours and learning about other cultures that way. They've done very well recently and had lots of opportunities but still seem genuine - they still spend relatively frugally and are totally open about their earnings, nate publishes them every quarter.

Through Kara and nate I discovered the budgeteers. They are the only travel you tubers I know that show the kind of travel I've done and am interested in - proper backpacking stuff. They have a great concept too. They visit a country with 1000 dollars each and live off it for as long as possible -doing things like couch surfing and hitch hiking which makes for great content and is relatable (though they are a bit braver.than me with the hitch hiking but then two of them are guys. So I enjoy those bits vicariously) They are open minded and cool and have a good group dynamic so I recommend them too.

Last edited:

Mayday

VIP Member
I follow a couple called Bryce + Hailey (dreaming_outloud on Instagram). Most of their trips have been budget (like travelling around and sleeping in their van) as I think they only started doing it as a 'job' full-time around end of last year/early this year, before that they were doing photography/videography and part-time retail jobs.

I also quite like Knorpp and South - they have a big family but travel in an RV. I think they're in some oil MLM so seem well off, but also seem quite minimalist and like they budget well.

Corky

Aoibhe Devlin does some good stories and sound advice. She is an air stewardess for aer lingus

Miss polar

VIP Member
Are there any good ones? I don’t mean the ones that are constantly being gifted trips, and taking the obligatory travel photos for insta. Came across an account called how many holidays which is good, but also found someone called psycho traveller who is super annoying! Any suggestions please?
Looking for budget travel really.

Pidge

Very hungry nomads

I’d recommend those ladies to anyone.
They’re on a challenge to visit every country and are really close to their goal. Plus they’re genuinely down to earth.

Sayitso

VIP Member
Indigo.traveller, visits some really great places, but also places you wouldn’t go like Iraq and Venezuela

emm

VIP Member
Damon and Jo are quite good, although I like them much less since they partnered up with Shell as part of some kind of gree washing environmental campaign..

Horatio

VIP Member
I also vote Kara and Nate. I've really enjoyed them. Find their videos really interesting and new and informative and they are very smiley!
Yeah sometimes the smiling gets a bit much tho. At first I found the way they gaze and grin at each other when listein to them speak very sweet but nowadays I wonder if it's a bit contrived ? I still love them though