Documentaries you've seen you still think about to this day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A Life of Grime with Mr Trebus. It nearly gave me nightmares and has made me never let my house get untidy!!

Reactions: 8
Nothing like a good Stalker documentary.
I'm your number one fan - Mike Read's Stalker 'Blue Tulip Rose's' character is straight out of a horror comedy,
So much so that The League Of Gentlemen comedy series used direct quotes from Blue Tulip Rose in newspaper signs for the Royston Vasey Chronicle.
here you go
I really enjoyed this, YouTube ran into another interesting one ‘I think we’re alone now’ about two Tiffany fans, if you are interested in that kind of thing. Fascinating

Reactions: 2
Going to be a lot of 9/11 docs on in the coming weeks. One featured tonight is about survivors from the time - on BBC2 I think.

I think I mentioned it a while back but the one that always stuck with me was 'The 9/11 jumpers'

Reactions: 5
Billy Connolly in Somalia visiting Hergeza hospital. So harrowing. BBC

"Who killed Little Gregory". Netflix
If you like true crime will love it.

Making a murderer. Netflix. I still wonder what really happened to Theresa.

One I dont know name but was a young teenage girl dying from Cancer. Really broke my heart.

Billy Connolly in Somalia visiting Hergeza hospital. So harrowing. BBC

"Who killed Little Gregory". Netflix
If you like true crime will love it.

Making a murderer. Netflix. I still wonder what really happened to Theresa.

One I dont know name but was a young teenage girl dying from Cancer. Really broke my heart.
Was that the programme on RTÉ about Laura Brennan. Only available online. Desperately sad.

Reactions: 1
Was Dave Francis the Black man wearing the gold at the help centre?
Shocking.
Sadly Karen died suddenly aged 52.
Not sure what happened to the pretty young mum of baby Chloe who had been on heroin, I do hope she is well, her daughter will be in her 30s now!
Unfortunately Wendy, the young blonde girl, died too. I can't find anything online so I'm not sure of the circumstances. Probably a drug overdose. 😪

• Wow
  • Sad
Does anyone remember a series called pleasure island on itv I think late 90’s early 2000’s ...documenting swingers and sex parties in Jamaica wealthy foreigners like us brits/Americans - but 9 times out of 10 be of an age overweight and insist on being naked or skimpy swimwear 😂😂 would fly over and yea have an orgy at the resort basically......scarred me for life I most of been 11/12 years old never forget seeing that on tv !!!

Reactions: 6
Sorry if it has been mentioned, but does anyone remember the doc Kizzy, mum at 13 (or something along those lines).

I vaguely remember it being on years ago about a young girl from a poor background and she was preg at 12/13 and wanted to keep the baby. I remember scenes where she had to go to school and the mum would look after the baby but her chances of passing her exams was very low.

It seemed she was destined to end up in a council flat, no job, more kids etc and it always left me wondering what happened to her. I hope she managed to make something of her life.

Reactions: 5
How about “I’m in love with a mama’s boy”? Real life series on TLC, not sure when it was filmed. I’m currently on episode 2 and hoping it is exaggerated for entertainment as if not it is seriously creepy.

One highlight so far: a grown ass man being told by his mum (he lives with his mum and girlfriend after a fire left the young couple homeless) that he isn’t having enough sex as she doesn’t hear any noise from their bedroom. 🤮 that she listens through the door! She then takes him to a lingerie shop to help him buy a sexy outfit as a Valentines day present to get the gf in the mood.

He picks a robe and a see through, teddy type thing with his mum’s approval. As if that wasn’t bad enough, the mum then gets her son to buy her a matching silk robe which she then parades around the house in.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
How about “I’m in love with a mama’s boy”? Real life series on TLC, not sure when it was filmed. I’m currently on episode 2 and hoping it is exaggerated for entertainment as if not it is seriously creepy.

One highlight so far: a grown ass man being told by his mum (he lives with his mum and girlfriend after a fire left the young couple homeless) that he isn’t having enough sex as she doesn’t hear any noise from their bedroom. 🤮 that she listens through the door! She then takes him to a lingerie shop to help him buy a sexy outfit as a Valentines day present to get the gf in the mood.

He picks a robe and a see through, teddy type thing with his mum’s approval. As if that wasn’t bad enough, the mum then gets her son to buy her a matching silk robe which she then parades around the house in.
and I thought 90day fiance was ridiculous!

and I thought 90day fiance was ridiculous!
It does touch on some stuff which is quite serious but most of the show is ridiculous! An example of the serious bit is one mother who is vile to her son’s girlfriend because she is Korean and the mum believes he needs a good Afganistani Muslim wife. She goes as far as to suggest a daughter of her friend who would be perfect. Then it’s revealed that when he was 18 he had an arranged marriage to a girl his mum chose but it didn’t work out because they had nothing in common and just weren’t compatible.

Makes me think about all the poor people forced into arranged marriages who don’t have the option of divorce or a civil separation.

Anyone seen a doc that was on Netflix a while back about drugs in America? One episode they were in a really poor area and the police were constantly called to overdosings and they would turn up, give an injection, wait for the person to come round then leave to the next call!

So shocking how people were so addicted they were just high in the streets, homes all empty and run down and from the outside it looked like a third world country. Most of them either grew up on the streets and that was their way of life or they had lost jobs and had no money, no access to healthcare etc so were literally dying on the streets with the syringes still stuck in their arms.

• Sad
It does touch on some stuff which is quite serious but most of the show is ridiculous! An example of the serious bit is one mother who is vile to her son’s girlfriend because she is Korean and the mum believes he needs a good Afganistani Muslim wife. She goes as far as to suggest a daughter of her friend who would be perfect. Then it’s revealed that when he was 18 he had an arranged marriage to a girl his mum chose but it didn’t work out because they had nothing in common and just weren’t compatible.

Makes me think about all the poor people forced into arranged marriages who don’t have the option of divorce or a civil separation.

Anyone seen a doc that was on Netflix a while back about drugs in America? One episode they were in a really poor area and the police were constantly called to overdosings and they would turn up, give an injection, wait for the person to come round then leave to the next call!

So shocking how people were so addicted they were just high in the streets, homes all empty and run down and from the outside it looked like a third world country. Most of them either grew up on the streets and that was their way of life or they had lost jobs and had no money, no access to healthcare etc so were literally dying on the streets with the syringes still stuck in their arms.
where did you watch the TLC thing?
I saw that overdose thing, was awful, was it with louis theroux? or am i misremembering? was just awful, I just came away with the impression that there is no point giving people emergency help like this and then no support after as it is jsut a never ending cycle, I felt so bad for the staff dealing with it tbh, I cannot imagine the effect this would have on your mental health. And totally agree, a lot of the US really is just...like a third world country, field hospitals in areas to give people health care/dentistry... it is just awful

where did you watch the TLC thing?
I saw that overdose thing, was awful, was it with louis theroux? or am i misremembering? was just awful, I just came away with the impression that there is no point giving people emergency help like this and then no support after as it is jsut a never ending cycle, I felt so bad for the staff dealing with it tbh, I cannot imagine the effect this would have on your mental health. And totally agree, a lot of the US really is just...like a third world country, field hospitals in areas to give people health care/dentistry... it is just awful
I watched it on the sky player app.

I think it must have had Louis Theroux (probably how I found it!) but im not 100% sure. I think it had a name like “heroin town” but a bit more catchy!

I really like Louis Theroux and Stacey Dooley, so I try and watch all their stuff when I find it. I also like stuff filmed in America for some reason. Some parts are just so unreal or unexpected that it makes fascinating viewing.

Reactions: 3
Cobain: Montage of Heck :cry:

There’s a documentary on BBC 2 tonight 9pm - Nirvana in Britain (or a title to that extent.)

Sorry if it has been mentioned, but does anyone remember the doc Kizzy, mum at 13 (or something along those lines).

I vaguely remember it being on years ago about a young girl from a poor background and she was preg at 12/13 and wanted to keep the baby. I remember scenes where she had to go to school and the mum would look after the baby but her chances of passing her exams was very low.

It seemed she was destined to end up in a council flat, no job, more kids etc and it always left me wondering what happened to her. I hope she managed to make something of her life.
I watched this on YouTube a few months back. The ITV documentary late 90s/early 00s about the pregnant Blackpool girls is good too. I would love to know what happened to them.

Dear Zachary. Not been through the entire thread yet so apologies if it has already been mentioned.

The best documentary I'll never watch again.

A man is murdered by his ex partner so his friend decides to make a documentary about him to show his baby son when he's old enough. And that's all I'll say.

A Life of Grime with Mr Trebus. It nearly gave me nightmares and has made me never let my house get untidy!!
I used to love Life of Grime! Completely forgot about this - was it based in Paddington if I remember rightly?

ETA: it was Haringey! I also can’t believe it was over 20 years ago 😫

Dear Zachary. Not been through the entire thread yet so apologies if it has already been mentioned.

The best documentary I'll never watch again.

A man is murdered by his ex partner so his friend decides to make a documentary about him to show his baby son when he's old enough. And that's all I'll say.
I think I've seen this. It was desperately sad.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.