Documentaries you've seen you still think about to this day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Simon’s Choice. Very dignified but tragic documentary.
I think I saw this too. Has there been one about a young girl with severe depression who wants to go be euthanized? Not sure if I've made it up or it was a film or something rather than real life 🤔

This is one case I will NEVER get over, I wasn't that old myself when it happened, it was heartbreaking.
I always get a little shiver when I see parents let their small children run away out of their sight, or turn away from them.

That CCTV is so chilling, his poor mum turned away for literally a couple of seconds. That was all it took.

I know it is impossible to watch kids every millisecond, but seeing parents act so blase about it makes me feel so nervous for the kids.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I’m just watching this documentary on YouTube called miss popular crack city, it’s about a woman who’s a drug user from Nottingham shocking as she isn’t your typical drug user there’s a drug help team which later transpired that he ( Dave Francis ) was actually pimping the women 😳 it’s from the 80s .. if anyone remembers or watched this back then

Reactions: 2
I think I saw this too. Has there been one about a young girl with severe depression who wants to go be euthanized? Not sure if I've made it up or it was a film or something rather than real life 🤔
Yeah it’s called 24 & Ready To Die. It’s on YouTube. She got the all clear to euthanised and then changed her mind fortunately. The documentary doesn’t use her real name though so I’m not sure where she’s at now, it’d be interesting to know

I’ve just found the update, she was given another date for euthanasia in 2018 after her mental health didn’t improve, two years after the documentary was filmed and she passed away :(

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Swansea Lovestory on vice on YouTube. Have watched it many times and still shocks me everytime. I think Cornelius, his sister and father have all since past.
I remember this - I’m from Swansea whoop 🙌🏼😜

Anyway I’m not sure if this ones been mentioned (I think maybe I even mentioned it but oh well) but the documentary Gleason about Steve Gleason will stay with me forever. It tracks his whole illness from really healthy all the way through to bed bound. His spirit is so marvellous and his wife is a flipping amazing woman. Really really heartbreaking but poignant stuff

'Sex in a Cold Climate' about the abuse in Catholic run laundries in Ireland. Brutal what they had to go through for literally no reason. It went onto inspire the film 'The Magdalene Sisters'

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Looking For Mike - I only watched this last night but I really enjoyed it. It's about a guy whose work pal passed away, and after his death, it was discovered he'd been using a fake name, so none of his pals really knew who he was. This is about looking for his real identity [though how they finally figure it out is a bit of a slap the forehead].
Watched this today. It was interesting but felt a lot more could have been explored. It left me with more questions than answers!

Reactions: 4
Just watched the first episode of ‘Saved by a Stranger’ on BBC IPlayer - I expected to find it boring but was in floods of tears throughout, really recommend watching this one.

Also, watched ‘Accused of murdering our son’ on ITV player and that too was gripping! Proper weird story!

• Sad
Looking For Mike - I only watched this last night but I really enjoyed it. It's about a guy whose work pal passed away, and after his death, it was discovered he'd been using a fake name, so none of his pals really knew who he was. This is about looking for his real identity [though how they finally figure it out is a bit of a slap the forehead].
Just watched this, thank you for the link. Found it gripping. Doesn't explain why he booked his funeral a week before he died of natural causes.

Reactions: 1
One that always stuck with me, The Unspeakable Crime: Rape, about Juliet a victim of rape and the process she goes through getting a conviction.

I’m just watching this documentary on YouTube called miss popular crack city, it’s about a woman who’s a drug user from Nottingham shocking as she isn’t your typical drug user there’s a drug help team which later transpired that he ( Dave Francis ) was actually pimping the women 😳 it’s from the 80s .. if anyone remembers or watched this back then
I watched that I love thoses YouTube channels that convert their old VHS tapes find some real gems on there.

• Wow
'Sex in a Cold Climate' about the abuse in Catholic run laundries in Ireland. Brutal what they had to go through for literally no reason. It went onto inspire the film 'The Magdalene Sisters'
I used to work in one of those places. You'd get little old ladies coming by to revisit with tears just pouring down their faces remembering what they had been through.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Blackfish, about the killer whale at Seaworld. I'm not particularly a died in the wool Animal rights person, but this really shocked and upset me. And I saw it years ago.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I’m watching “the boy who disappeared” one on bbc again & I still have an uneasy feeling about his friend on it who gets interviewed a fair bit.

I just watched this on YouTube. It was really interesting. Hope Wendy the young mum managed to turn her life around.

I can’t remember what it was called and not sure if it’s been mentioned as haven’t read all the way back to the beginning but there was a documentary about two women who ran in front of a lorry on the motorway then just walked off. Was super weird.

I can’t remember what it was called and not sure if it’s been mentioned as haven’t read all the way back to the beginning but there was a documentary about two women who ran in front of a lorry on the motorway then just walked off. Was super weird.
omg yes! those twins, it happened in the UK but they were from a scandinavian country iirc? They were in some kind of manic episode and were SO out of control the police etc had trouble detaining them? I heard a podcast about this years ago

Reactions: 5
omg yes! those twins, it happened in the UK but they were from a scandinavian country iirc? They were in some kind of manic episode and were SO out of control the police etc had trouble detaining them? I heard a podcast about this years ago
YES that’s the one. I think about it at least once a week. It was totally mad!

Reactions: 6
completley insane! I listened to it on the Casefile podcast, will try and find it! ( a good podcast generally for true crime)

two links about it here:

completley insane! I listened to it on the Casefile podcast, will try and find it! ( a good podcast generally for true crime)

two links about it here:

Will watch tomorrow. I’m not going to lie it properly freaked me out the first time and I couldn’t sleep for thinking about it!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.