Documentaries you've seen you still think about to this day

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I ask if you have a severely disabled relative? You don’t sound like you do. You don’t sound like you understand the issues present in this scenario?

How do you think parents like me, and others feel, reading posts saying that our children would be better off dead because you don’t like the look of their life?

What sort of condition do the children have who ‘sit in a chair hitting their head’? Are you saying that they should be euthanised? How are you in a position to accurately understand what kind of life they have? You are assessing it only from your point of view.

I am always going to call out ableist comments when I see them.

I can tell you now that if you had a severely disabled child, you’d see them as the person they are, not someone unworthy of life.

Furthermore, Disability isn’t something that happens to other people and that you are above yourself or immune to. If you or a relative became severely disabled, or had dementia, just imagine if people were having conversations like this about you or them?
She’s not talking about disability though, she’s referring to extreme conditions where people will live lives filled with pain. You wouldn’t let an animal suffer like that but humans are expected to keep going. It’s inhumane.

Reactions: 8
There was a BBC3 doc about "underage mums". One episode featured a pair of twins, and one of them got pregnant age 14. A few months later, her twin sister also got pregnant! The parents thought it might be a cry for attention.
Yes i remember that episode, i wonder how the twins are doing now. I remember the first twin who had already had their kid was really pissed off her sister was having a baby too.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.