Do you limit the amount of Easter Egg your Children have?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just wondering do you do like my friend does who limits how many family/friends buy eggs for her kids and then suggest to the rest to give them something else instead of an egg like a bit of money or a toy? or do you let everyone buy eggs and just let your kids have one a day etc?

I'd not want my children having stacks and stacks of eggs, even one a day is abit much, depending on what size they are. They get one large ish egg of us and a couple of packs of sweets, an egg off their uncle and last year their grandparents gave them a £5 voucher for toy shop instead. It's all getting abit much really. We do a little egg hunt using plastic eggs (re use every year) and when they've found them they get a small bag of easter related treats in exchange for completing it. (we make up clues to work out where everything is hiding etc).

Reactions: 1
I let my kids get eggs but I ration them into little plastic tubs and they can have a couple of chunks of chocolate after their meal, after a piece of fruit. Their eggs normally last us months. I've don't this since they were small and don't seem to ask/ want for any extra than the few pieces they get

I'd not want my children having stacks and stacks of eggs, even one a day is abit much, depending on what size they are. They get one large ish egg of us and a couple of packs of sweets, an egg off their uncle and last year their grandparents gave them a £5 voucher for toy shop instead. It's all getting abit much really. We do a little egg hunt using plastic eggs (re use every year) and when they've found them they get a small bag of easter related treats in exchange for completing it. (we make up clues to work out where everything is hiding etc).
I like the egg hunt with plastic eggs idea. (y)

My daughters have as many eggs as people want to buy them. My eldest is an absolute chocolate monster she has a bar a day (one of them little fun size ones).
I'll keep it as a similar amount of chocolate at easter, just saves me buying it. Also I can always help clear up when they are both in bed 😂

My son is 2 and a half now and last year he got loads, I’ll do what I did last year, put them out of sight so he can’t see them (he recognises chocolate eggs in shops now lol) and let him have a bit everyday. I’ll probably eat my way through a couple when he’s in bed 😏 and I think last year I even melted a few eggs down and we made chocolate Easter nests with them, good way to use them up if u just want them gone if your anything like me and just sees chocolate and wants it hahaha x

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I had my first Easter egg aged 32!
my parents dont believe in them
my lot got about 5 each and I let them eat them after their meals but once they’d gone they’d gone
oddly none where that bothered about them

Not really but I tend to have no self control and eat most of the eggs myself. So on easter Sunday they probably have a couple each which we eat together as a family 😏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
They usually get one ‘big’ one and one of those small ones that come with a mug or egg cup. That’s more than enough, honestly.

Not really but I tend to have no self control and eat most of the eggs myself. So on easter Sunday they probably have a couple each which we eat together as a family 😏
I do end up buying myself more eggs than I buy for my kids 🙊

I don’t limit them as I think it’s kind that people want to gift them but most of my family and friends give things like toys or clothes instead. I’ve got Easter eggs in the kitchen from last year because my kid just isn’t interested in eating a tonne of chocolate. Still got lots of Halloween and Christmas chocolate too it’ll just end up binned.

We don’t really do Easter eggs but neither of my older two really like chocolate so it seems like a bit of a waste.

I have 3 nieces to buy for and last year my eldest niece who is an only child received about 80 eggs. Granted they weren’t all full sized ones, some were like kinder egg type things, but that is insane. I kinda feel guilty buying her one as she gets so much chocolate but I can’t not buy her one 😕

My kids get quite a lot of eggs from the Easter bunny and a big egg from us. The *bunny* hides them around the house and they can gorge on them on the day. The majority are smashed into pieces and put in a kilner jar for small treats after dinner. To be honest, the chocolate novelty wears off after a day or so and we normally end up with random chocolate eggs and bars hanging around for weeks. I'm fairly relaxed about chocolate consumption in general. I'm far stricter with day to day meals and breakfast cereals. I enjoy seeing them have a mini melt down over their piles of chocolate each year 😂

They get as many as they get but that doesn’t mean they can just scoff through them all. On Easter Sunday we kinda let them eat what they want and if they end up feeling sick then that’s their fault and they have to deal with that feeling (and hopefully learn a lesson). They haven’t eaten so much to get to that point yet. After that I’m more sensible and they’re only allowed it like they’re allowed any other chocolate or sweet.

Got my stepdaughter a pack of sweets to put in them plastic eggs to hide round house (garden if weathers nice) two small eggs and a dress up princess outfit from Easter bunny. But at her mums she proably get loads and from friends

I was just wondering do you do like my friend does who limits how many family/friends buy eggs for her kids and then suggest to the rest to give them something else instead of an egg like a bit of money or a toy? or do you let everyone buy eggs and just let your kids have one a day etc?
My children are tweens now but yes I still limit, partly because they would end up with do much and health and partly because I would be eating them too 🐽 I have bought toys like lego, books, some small easter eggs to hide, etc and then I have done a easter hunt with clues, they still ask for it now. I make it really difficult and it takes them ages 😂 I tend to buy things like stationary, new water bottles, seeds as they still like growing things, rather than tat. Based on what's going on at the moment i would buy craft stuff a few eggs, books things to keep them busy and make a treasure hunt