Do you know any influencers IRL?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone come across this - a seemingly normal mum from the school gates turn influencer? It’s really cringey. I know a few who try and it makes uncomfortable viewing on Instagram.

Reactions: 6
I know a local mum who was clearly obsessed with Mrs Meldrum. At the time I’d didn’t know who Mrs Meldrum was and I’ve never been so baffled and the school mums found her ‘primark hauls’ and outfits of the day absolutely hilarious with 1 like. She also tries food pics which are the most unappetising plates of mess you have ever seen.
It’s tragic.

Reactions: 1
Has anyone come across this - a seemingly normal mum from the school gates turn influencer? It’s really cringey. I know a few who try and it makes uncomfortable viewing on Instagram.
Yup. I know one and her long paragraphs on her photos make me cringe myself inside out.

I always thought they must be so comfortably off despite her being a SAHP and her husband having a normal job. Now that the ASA rules have changed every single post is ad/gifted. It’s shed so much light on to the whole thing.

Yup. I know one and her long paragraphs on her photos make me cringe myself inside out.
Yes - lots and lots of long paragraphs/photos of hands holding a mug/whichever ‘blooms’ are in season/Joules and Fatface clothes (not really that nice?!)

Reactions: 2
A girl I went to school with is desperately trying to become a lifestyle influencer. She was a mean girl then. I bet most of them were

Reactions: 5
I do. Can’t name. She has painted such a fantastic life on the squares, when in reality her life isn’t all that peachy. Not that peachy at all. More misery than peachy.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Yes. I worked with one a few years ago. She doesn’t have a post on here. She does elsewhere, but I only stalk that site and not signed up so I can’t wade in with my comments 😂

I knew one, she’s totally lovely and only ever portayed a fairly realistic representation of her life. She has actually now stepped away from it as it felt too ‘wrong’ and was putting too much of a burden on their lives in other ways.

A woman I know from when our oldest children were in junior school together has now become a 'content creator' (yes that is on her linkedin!) and has built up about 8k followers over the past 2 years. When she had 3k followers she was calling herself an influencer on her bio. She was always a very aspirational -read deluded- person but she portrays herself and her lifestyle as very MC on the squares, but I know for a fact that she 's in a private rental on housing benefit. Since her Insta journey she has wracked up loads of debt trying to look the part, new car, skiing holidays etc and it's amusing to me to watch how she's trying to make out she's someone that she's not.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I suppose you could call me an influencer. I have 20,000 followers but it’s little league compared to some. I’m not interested in the free tit and although I have been offered stuff I’m not interested in taking my account down the advertising route. I started my account purely as a hobby to learn more about photography and that’s how it’s going to stay. I’m not fashion, makeup or interiors and that’s where the big bucks are anyway.

Reactions: 10