Do you believe in karma?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
About 15 years ago I did something really bad. I won’t go into specifics as it’s something I’m still very ashamed of, but to clarify it wasn’t anything illegal; just morally very bad.

Since then I have tried to be a good person and I have been very lucky in my life and live a very happy and contented life. I spend a lot of time doing charity work and I guess I do that not only because I obviously like to give back, but because I feel I have something to make up for.
Over the past few years a specific issue in my life has not gone as planned and I’ve suffered a lot of medical problems which has caused a lot of heartache in my family and especially to me and is something that will affect me for the rest of my life.
My point is, do you think this is now my karma coming back to get me 15 years later? I do believe it is but I was keen to get others thoughts on this. I’m interested in honest opinions, I’m not here looking for validation to get myself off the hook! I just wonder how long I will have to pay for this for.

Reactions: 2
I don't. Too many people seem to be bad~ people all their lives and always seem to land on their feet whilst seemingly good people sometimes have the worst deal. Not always, of course, but too often for me to believe in karma. I truly believe anything you are dealing with would have happened whether or not you did the bad thing.

Reactions: 10
I don't. Too many people seem to be bad~ people all their lives and always seem to land on their feet whilst seemingly good people sometimes have the worst deal. Not always, of course, but too often for me to believe in karma. I truly believe anything you are dealing with would have happened whether or not you did the bad thing.
Thanks for your reply. I totally get what you’re saying and have the same belief, but I also always have a niggling feeling in the back of my mind.

Reactions: 1
I do believe in karma in a way, but then again like the previous poster said some people do bad things all there lives and land on there feet.
It's a hard one isnt it things have happened to me in life and I do think when they happen oh this must be my karma 🤔.(normally on the bad things not the good).

Reactions: 3
I wish karma would happen but it doesn't seem to of yet. I dont want to waste my life waiting for karma to happen. To me a leopard cannot change so I believe one day they will be punished.

I completely agree (y)

I believe in it. Good karma , bad karma. It happens all the time. If you do very bad things probably will be punished for it I feel.

I'm on the fence. I've seen bad things happen to good people so in that respect I dont. But I do believe that you get back what you put out there. So if you're friendly you'll get friendliness back, if you're kind you'll get kindness back and not always instantly or from the person you've been kind to.

Reactions: 4
I do believe in karma, but like an above poster said - the good people in life tend to get dealt a tit hand and the unpleasant people seem to have it easy. But from my experience, karma can sometimes take years to happen. People expect and want to see karma happen to someone instantaneously sometimes and it can take a long time to manifest. I'm on the fence, I can see both sides of the coin.

I wish karma would happen but it doesn't seem to of yet. I dont want to waste my life waiting for karma to happen. To me a leopard cannot change so I believe one day they will be punished.
One day they may well get punished, it could take a long time to unfold and you may not get to see it.

Growing up, someone's partner wasn't very kind to me and was really nasty and abusive to me, made my life hellish and it's affected my self esteem to this day. The person was really insecure and unhappy in themselves and took it out me as a child and eventually years later the family member split from this unpleasant person, now that person is all alone with barely anybody.

Yes I believe in karma, there are a couple of people I know in real life who without going into details, are not very nice people for certain reasons..... now a few years later, karma has got them again not going into detail but I believe what they have experienced now is karma for the wrong doing they did years ago.

Totally believe that you get served what you deserve.
A few years ago I had a terrible time with a some bad people (my new husbands ex & family) stalking, windows smashed, physical attacks etc. I bided my time & they all got served a delicious slice of karma pie ;)

No I think it’s a load of rubbish. I want to know what you did 15 years ago though lol.

No I think it’s a load of rubbish. I want to know what you did 15 years ago though lol.
I would rather not get into specifics but in a nutshell I told a lie to cover something up. It was quite a big lie and I regretted it the instant I said it. It started a whole chain of events however the only person who suffered because of it was me. No one else was hurt or injured but I lost some friends because of it and I let people down. I still feel so ashamed as I know I am a good person; I was just young and stupid.

I would rather not get into specifics but in a nutshell I told a lie to cover something up. It was quite a big lie and I regretted it the instant I said it. It started a whole chain of events however the only person who suffered because of it was me. No one else was hurt or injured but I lost some friends because of it and I let people down. I still feel so ashamed as I know I am a good person; I was just young and stupid.
If you were young and stupid I wouldn’t say you would be KARMED !!!!
I do believe in Karma.... a long time ago when I was young I slept with my best friends boyfriend ..... why ???? Because she grassed me up to my landlord for doing something to his property (let’s just say that) I could of got in deep @hit and she knew that !!!! Morally I did the wrong thing to my friend but so did she to me !!!!!

I think your mindset is your biggest problem here. You already recognise that you did something wrong, forgive yourself and release the guilt and bad feeling attached to those thoughts. You should try not to dwell on things as you can’t go back and change the past. Try to focus on the good in your life ❤

• Heart
I do but like some have said when you see good people dying of cancer etc and bad people having it good it makes you rethink.

Reactions: 4
I think the idea of karma Is just something else we’ve created as a society to either justify or punish ourselves for bad behaviour because we might not know how to cope with the thought of what we’ve done.

I think it can be a comfort for people also but no I don’t think it exists anymore than I think ‘fate’ or ‘destiny’ exists.