Do saunas really help you lose weight and improve your health?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love sitting in it, but I notice at my health club none of the fit people use it. Just the older and overweight people like myself!! :LOL: :LOL:

Reactions: 1
They make you sweat out your ‘water weight’ so you appear slimmer. But the minute you drink/eat again you’ll ‘gain’ it back.
Most people use it because it makes their skin feel nice !

Reactions: 1
They make you sweat out your ‘water weight’ so you appear slimmer. But the minute you drink/eat again you’ll ‘gain’ it back.
Most people use it because it makes their skin feel nice !
It does make my face feel nice and smooth. It goes a bit bumpy if I don't use it for a few weeks! Although sweating from running would do the same?

Yes the only benefit from a sauna is that you sweat similar to running or any other exercise that makes you sweat :) - it doesn’t necessarily do anything for weight loss specifically although there’s such a thing as infrared saunas which penetrates the skin to directly stimulate the tissue and slowly burns fat.

sadly not a standard sauna though! :(

It does make my face feel nice and smooth. It goes a bit bumpy if I don't use it for a few weeks! Although sweating from running would do the same?
the heat from the sauna opens your pores up, and lets the moisture from the steam in... sweating running would dry you out as it’s salty sweat !
does that make any sense 😅