Do family vloggers need regulating?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What’s it going to take for the government to get up to speed with social media and how parents are exploiting their children’s childhoods for financial gain?

We have the likes of the Ingham family - father accused of sending sexual messages to a 16 year old fan. Leaving their baby on a beach unattended, selling a reborn doll of the same baby to name but a few of their “no situations”

The SJ’s - using cold showers to punish their toddler and vlogging it for views.

The Fizz Family denying their children any opportunity to form lasting friendships or have a decent education or permanent home. Not to mention exploiting their teen by constantly posting inappropriate vlogs with her. Them and The Inghams using click bait titles and photos to lure in the weirdo pound.

These are just a few examples - these children and their childhoods need protecting don’t they? The hours they work, exactly what content goes out (nothing is private)...

Child actors / models are subject to strict rules on what they can and can’t do, the same should apply to family vloggers shouldn’t it?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I agree, it is terrible - I hope when the kids are old enough they sue their parents and Youtube.

Reactions: 8
Hopefully one day the industry will have regulations like this, the it’s a new industry excuse doesn’t wash anymore as it’s been around years now

Reactions: 9
What’s it going to take for the government to get up to speed with social media and how parents are exploiting their children’s childhoods for financial gain?

We have the likes of the Ingham family - father accused of sending sexual messages to a 16 year old fan. Leaving their baby on a beach unattended, selling a reborn doll of the same baby to name but a few of their “no situations”

The SJ’s - using cold showers to punish their toddler and vlogging it for views.

The Fizz Family denying their children any opportunity to form lasting friendships or have a decent education or permanent home. Not to mention exploiting their teen by constantly posting inappropriate vlogs with her. Them and The Inghams using click bait titles and photos to lure in the weirdo pound.

These are just a few examples - these children and their childhoods need protecting don’t they? The hours they work, exactly what content goes out (nothing is private)...

Child actors / models are subject to strict rules on what they can and can’t do, the same should apply to family vloggers shouldn’t it?
Who are the SJs? That is so vile!

Reactions: 3
Cold shower 😱 that's child abuse!! I hope they've been reported to social services!
Yes, laws and regulations definitely need to be put in place!

Reactions: 4
Yes, they absolutely need regulating, the sooner the better. It is bonkers that children have to be 13 to open their own Facebook, You Tube or Instagram account, an account where they have control over their own content and their own choices. Yet, their parents openly ignore this fact and freely plaster their kids all over the internet.

Reactions: 6
Couldn't agree more. Family Vloggers bring nothing to society - they aren't educational in any way, shape or form. They promote a false materialistic lifestyle and the only people who lap it up are either children or adults with a low IQ. They shouldn't be allowed any form of platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Absolutely agree, I don’t even think it’s just the parents it also other family members posting photos and videos of the babies / children without the parents permission. I know quite a few people that do this and family atguementa have been started because the parent requested the video or photo to be taken down, which I feel they are well within their right to do so.

Reactions: 1
I think any video publishing business - where the creators have monetary gain and branding for their videos, so not casual publishing - should be regulated by some body such as OFCOM. Once crossed into that territory it needs some path for objection and regulation.

Reactions: 4
Theres only one answer there can be to this thread. Yes! Kids have a camera shoved in their face when they are too young to decide for themselves and once its out there its out there forever.

Reactions: 2