DLAM - Dress Like a Mum

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Omg she does this ALLLLL the time!! Clearly not accidental as she has done it on numerous occasions
View attachment 49089

and another!!
Absolutely shocking! This definitely deserves reporting for being so sneaky. Everyone thinking it's a genuine recommendation, yet she's either being paid to do it or got it free in return for the mention!!!! So sneaky!!!!

Reactions: 3
The pink boiler suit feels like the Emperor's New Clothes. Someone takes the kind of overalls your dad wore to work in the 1970s, remakes it in pink and suddenly you have all the Instamums fawning over it like it's Dior's 'New Look'. That's before we even get to the fact that it's £130... FOR A BOILER SUIT. It isn't original. It literally looks good on no one. Why? Cos it's a pink boiler suit fgs. What's next, a hessian sack that's a steal for £200? A hi-viz jacket... But in GREEN... for £3k?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The pink boiler suit feels like the Emperor's New Clothes. Someone takes the kind of overalls your dad wore to work in the 1970s, remakes it in pink and suddenly you have all the Instamums fawning over it like it's Dior's 'New Look'. That's before we even get to the fact that it's £130... FOR A BOILER SUIT. It isn't original. It literally looks good on no one. Why? Cos it's a pink boiler suit fgs. What's next, a hessian sack that's a steal for £200? A hi-viz jacket... But in GREEN... for £3k?
i thought pregnant woman wearing hideous dungaree type outfits went out with the ark.
i saw a picture the other day and it made me immediately think of the poor lady in the pink DLAM design monstrosity 😉

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She’s so full of herself. And I’ve messaged her a few time’s about things and she’s never replied.

Reactions: 1
£130 for a garment made from the most cost cutting design she could find, the neckline is just a ‘v’ shape, the sleeves have no cuffs, and it’s just patch pockets, that type of fabric works better with a bit more tailoring. She’s probably bought a job lot cheap from Aliexpress.

Reactions: 5
£65 a month supplements that you'd have to take for several months and no idea if they're doing anything other than causing you to make better lifestyle choices as you're spunking a couple of quid a day on overpriced vitamins. The markup for these products is huge, that's why so many get paid to promote them.

Wonder how long the most liked comment will last
Screenshot_2019-10-29-10-24-38-741_com.instagram.android.jpg

dresslikeamum
Lumity - a supplement i've been taking for years... [AD]

Since hitting my mid 30s (and moving into my late 30s) i've noticed that my body/skin/hair/nails aren't as 'fresh' as they were in my youth. I'm fine(ish) with getting old but I would like to do it in the most healthy and well supported way possible which is why I choose to take a supplement called @lumitylife. The list of things Lumity supports me with - collagen formation, healthy skin & nails, immunity, metabolism, reduction of tiredness (and more) - reads like a hit list of all the things I feel need a bit of help with so taking them (for me) is a no brainer. They are made from the highest quality natural ingredients that have been special formulated to support your existing body functions. You take 3 capsules in the morning and 3 in the evening and since taking them I have personally seen an improvement, especially with my sleep, skin and hair. (I really mean this and i'm not just saying this because i'm doing an AD for them - i'm doing an AD for them because i'm a loyal long term customer and their products work for me).

Reactions: 2
65 quid a month for a multivitamin?!
While I'm all for people choosing to waste their own money on whatever the hell they like I object to "influencers" who, in their own definition of their "campaign", target new mums who might feel their identity has been erased, being paid to flog this shite to those same women. What those often vulnerable new mums see is a woman who appears to have it made: three lovely kids, a smart (probably million pound plus) house in London, loads of clothes and make-up, loads of free time, loads of holidays and days out. And when they see that they think "if I too pay 65 quid a month for some vitamins I too might be able to have all that" without seeing that this is an already incredibly privileged, loaded woman who gets acres of #gifted #ad #pressdiscount and #af stuff and who I doubt has genuinely struggled financially in their life let alone survived on stat mat pay or minimum wage or her salary being almost as much as her childcare bill. She exploits the target audience for her own end: to get even more free stuff, to make even more money and become even more privileged. I can see through this, but struggling new mums often won't and that why I get annoyed with it because it's selfish and exploitative and everything that's wrong with consumer culture.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Bleedin nora, £65 a month (easy to be taking it for years when it's 'gifted' though innit!) on a suppliment for hair, skin and nails. I wish the condition of my nails were even on my health radar. This women is on another planet.

Do I take these before or after I've spent £140 on a jumpsuit?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I'd be interested in doing a poll of instamums and having them guess how much the average mum budgets for skincare / jewellery / clothes. As they get everything they shill for free, I think they've lost any perspective as to what real mums can afford. I don't know anyone, regardless of disposable income, who would pay £65 for a month of vitamins.

Reactions: 6
She’s so full of herself. And I’ve messaged her a few time’s about things and she’s never replied.
To be fair, I’ve met her before as we have mutual friends and she’s actually lovely IRL but she is very privileged and her circle all live in a very wealthy bubble

To be fair, I’ve met her before as we have mutual friends and she’s actually lovely IRL but she is very privileged and her circle all live in a very wealthy bubble
I don't doubt it. She certainly doesn't come across as mean or nasty - just in a very, very privileged bubble... Which is fine. But what's not fine for me are very, very privileged people becoming the "face" of mums with young children and then marketing very expensive non-essential items to people who aren't like them and who are often very vulnerable. It's not DLAM that I'm actually annoyed with (apart from when she and others don't clearly label all their #gifted #ad #pressdiscount stuff clearly every time) - but the fact that marketers treat us like mugs. She's no more "relatable" or "real" to most mums than the idea that Cheryl dyes her hair at her bathroom sink, or Jamie Oliver eats at his now defunct restaurants or Kate Moss uses Rimmel or that Holly Willoughby really designed those clothes for M&S.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is exactly how I’ve been feeling about it! They all look like absolute idiots in it 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Why doesn't she say AD? Everything is 'kindly gifted' at the end of the blurb.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Why doesn't she say AD? Everything is 'kindly gifted' at the end of the blurb.
The ASA says they should use #ad but noooooo, Instagrammers know better, they make their own rules, #kindlygifted #workingwith #pressdiscount are some of their terms of choice, all are considered ambiguous by the ASA. DLAM is one of the worst out there for declaring stuff, it's like she thinks its beneath her and just doesn't care. Why any company would want to work with someone who has such a low level of business professionaliam is beyond me.

The rules are that if you are about to read anything that someone has been paid to write about, it needs to be clearly marked AD at the start, not after the first sentence, or in the hashtags. At. the. beginning.