Disney Vloggers #7 "Happy to be Home" didn't last long and now it's back to moan moan moan!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It just makes my blood boil! I hate having to think each time “well what’s wrong with you then?” as there are people with genuine needs and there are genuine hidden disabilities but a lot of these vloggers know they won’t get called out on it as everyone is scared to death of being labelled heartless or ignorant.

My take is if you have filmed vlogs where you have queued before and you don’t have a genuine reason that you are willing to disclose to your fans that has made that change then don’t do it or at least stop filming it and promoting it as this wonderful experience!
I’ve watched Vicky’s vlogs for a while and she’s always been open and honest about her mental health problems as well as her general health issues so not sure if that’s fair. Plus the whole thing about hidden disabilities is they’re hidden and I don’t think it’s my business why someone needs a DAS pass. I wouldn’t walk up to someone in a car park and ask them the reason why they need a disabled car parking space.
I do agree though that the system is open to abuse and there’s definitely people who will take advantage of it.

Reactions: 2
I’ve watched Vicky’s vlogs for a while and she’s always been open and honest about her mental health problems as well as her general health issues so not sure if that’s fair. Plus the whole thing about hidden disabilities is they’re hidden and I don’t think it’s my business why someone needs a DAS pass. I wouldn’t walk up to someone in a car park and ask them the reason why they need a disabled car parking space.
I do agree though that the system is open to abuse and there’s definitely people who will take advantage of it.
One question...Who's Vicky? I wasn't talking about her, whoever she is (I assume that is Tinker Tales, but I was just replying to the reply to me).
I am on about certain vloggers who were fine before and now suddenly have issues that bad that they need DAS pass, and this reaction is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm being labelled unfair for questioning this.

Tell me this, if you saw the same person the day before parking in a normal space and they skipped out of the car park would you not question why they are now using a disabled space and telling the world how great it is? I VERY much know about hidden disabilities but at the same time I can see a lot of blaggers on vlogs, who will ruin this service for the people who need it.

Reactions: 1
One question...Who's Vicky? I wasn't talking about her, whoever she is (I assume that is Tinker Tales, but I was just replying to the reply to me).
I am on about certain vloggers who were fine before and now suddenly have issues that bad that they need DAS pass, and this reaction is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm being labelled unfair for questioning this.

Tell me this, if you saw the same person the day before parking in a normal space and they skipped out of the car park would you not question why they are now using a disabled space and telling the world how great it is? I VERY much know about hidden disabilities but at the same time I can see a lot of blaggers on vlogs, who will ruin this service for the people who need it.
I didn’t mean to label you as anything so apologies for that and I agree with you that there are plenty of people abusing the system, another well known blaggers thread is lighting up with their antics currently!
To be honest I wouldn’t question them because just because someone didn’t have a disability or need for something before doesn’t mean they don’t now, obviously within a day is unlikely but over years it unfortunately happens to lots of us.
And yes I was talking about tinker tales 👍🏻

I’ve watched Vicky’s vlogs for a while and she’s always been open and honest about her mental health problems as well as her general health issues so not sure if that’s fair.
She has indeed mentioned them a lot.

"Luckily" for her, her health problems had a night off when she managed to stand in a queue for over an hour to buy a popcorn bucket.

Reactions: 4
She has indeed mentioned them a lot.

"Luckily" for her, her health problems had a night off when she managed to stand in a queue for over an hour to buy a popcorn bucket.
Fair point. my only thought on that is maybe because it was outside it’s a bit different. I know for me I get claustrophobic in some of the indoor queues if they’re cramped and I can’t see the end. Everyone’s MH manifests in different ways I guess

I didn’t mean to label you as anything so apologies for that and I agree with you that there are plenty of people abusing the system, another well known blaggers thread is lighting up with their antics currently!
To be honest I wouldn’t question them because just because someone didn’t have a disability or need for something before doesn’t mean they don’t now, obviously within a day is unlikely but over years it unfortunately happens to lots of us.
And yes I was talking about tinker tales 👍🏻
Fair enough apology accepted and apologies if I came across as accusing someone of doing it that isn't.

This is what I was trying to say in the my take bit. Some may have needs that have changed but either tell your viewers or don't film it. The way some of these vloggers go about it (and I'm not saying Tinker Tales as I haven't watched her ;)) they are flaunting about using the DAS pass and I have seen some even say "Don't worry they don't ask what is wrong with you as they legally can't". It is promoting abuse of the system and that is wrong.

There is one of the vloggers that is using it at the moment and they have said why, but until the vlogs have released I am reserving judgement as they certainly haven't had problems before and the incident that caused the need for a DAS pass was years ago.

Reactions: 3
Fair enough apology accepted and apologies if I came across as accusing someone of doing it that isn't.

This is what I was trying to say in the my take bit. Some may have needs that have changed but either tell your viewers or don't film it. The way some of these vloggers go about it (and I'm not saying Tinker Tales as I haven't watched her ;)) they are flaunting about using the DAS pass and I have seen some even say "Don't worry they don't ask what is wrong with you as they legally can't". It is promoting abuse of the system and that is wrong.

There is one of the vloggers that is using it at the moment and they have said why, but until the vlogs have released I am reserving judgement as they certainly haven't had problems before and the incident that caused the need for a DAS pass was years ago.
Totally agree with you 👏🏻

• Heart
The use of DAS among vloggers is a difficult one. It’s not our business or for us to judge if someone needs it or not but you can’t help but think “hang on a minute” if someone using DAS then goes on to queue up normally for other rides and attractions (or for popcorn) without issue. What are we supposed to think, really?

The other thing is that DAS is not meant to be used for mobility issues. If you can’t stand for the duration of the stand-by line, you’re supposed to use a wheelchair that Disney will provide for you at the entrance to the attraction. If you’re using a mobility scooter to get round the parks and you can’t use your scooter in line because of logistics, again you’re supposed to transfer to a provided wheelchair. I don’t know if people who are using it for mobility issues are aware of this and are just taking advantage of the “no questions” disability laws or they genuinely aren’t aware but there are vloggers who have done this in the past and no doubt will again.

The use of DAS among vloggers is a difficult one. It’s not our business or for us to judge if someone needs it or not but you can’t help but think “hang on a minute” if someone using DAS then goes on to queue up normally for other rides and attractions (or for popcorn) without issue. What are we supposed to think, really?

The other thing is that DAS is not meant to be used for mobility issues. If you can’t stand for the duration of the stand-by line, you’re supposed to use a wheelchair that Disney will provide for you at the entrance to the attraction. If you’re using a mobility scooter to get round the parks and you can’t use your scooter in line because of logistics, again you’re supposed to transfer to a provided wheelchair. I don’t know if people who are using it for mobility issues are aware of this and are just taking advantage of the “no questions” disability laws or they genuinely aren’t aware but there are vloggers who have done this in the past and no doubt will again.
Very interesting. I personally had no idea about the mobility thing and so I suspect a lot wouldn't know. Hmmm I wonder if that information should be in a "dream guide" :unsure: ?

• Haha
The waits for characters at DLP is really bad, then someone rocks up with a disability pass (harder to get at DLP than WDW I believe) and they get to see the characters way sooner than those of you in the queue. It's supposed to mean you wait the same amount of time but don't queue but that is not what happens. I saw people returning through the disability queue for a second meet whilst the same people waited in the main line.

• Wow
Fair point. my only thought on that is maybe because it was outside it’s a bit different. I know for me I get claustrophobic in some of the indoor queues if they’re cramped and I can’t see the end. Everyone’s MH manifests in different ways I guess
Hey snap!

On a different subject entirely Nathan Staker's latest video popped up on my home page so I clicked on it and it was a livestream from Magic Kingdom with Zoe there, I thought omg just enjoy the trip and film bits why waste time doing a 40 minute live stream?!! I think he must be a bit desperate for the kudos and attention and he seemed eager to talk to people in the chat about it and sounded like there were only 3.... I stopped watching after that. I thought I'd check out Zoe's channel to see if she had added anything and realised I forgot her channel name and I had to click quite far back in Nathan's videos to see that he'd finally tagged her ThatBritishLife channel! He doesn't seem to tag her anymore. I wonder if they're a couple now and she just lets him do all the work or whether they're just friends and they do stuff together as it financially makes sense. They have a villa so I might watch that vlog later to see if they have separate rooms...

On a different subject entirely Nathan Staker's latest video popped up on my home page so I clicked on it and it was a livestream from Magic Kingdom with Zoe there, I thought omg just enjoy the trip and film bits why waste time doing a 40 minute live stream?!! I think he must be a bit desperate for the kudos and attention and he seemed eager to talk to people in the chat about it and sounded like there were only 3.... I stopped watching after that. I thought I'd check out Zoe's channel to see if she had added anything and realised I forgot her channel name and I had to click quite far back in Nathan's videos to see that he'd finally tagged her ThatBritishLife channel! He doesn't seem to tag her anymore. I wonder if they're a couple now and she just lets him do all the work or whether they're just friends and they do stuff together as it financially makes sense. They have a villa so I might watch that vlog later to see if they have separate rooms...
I almost watched earlier and now glad I didn't! Lives bug me, so disjointed!

He posted on Twitter....."I've been keeping a secret" bore off, you're just going to WDW.....who cares?

I honestly wish they'd all just go and enjoy it! Whilst I enjoy vlogs and insta stories from the parks don't let it ruin your trip!

Did she ever finish uploading her six week solo trip vlogs? I liked her videos but then the word "guys" started to grate on me.

I would hate to holiday with a vlogger. Enjoy your trip!! I feel for Disney in (no)detail's friends that she travels with. Must be stop start stop start to keep vlogging or record a story on Instagram (not to mention the many coffee stops too!). I'd have to separate and do my own thing, especially as I don't get to go as often as Victoria does.

Did she ever finish uploading her six week solo trip vlogs? I liked her videos but then the word "guys" started to grate on me.

I would hate to holiday with a vlogger. Enjoy your trip!! I feel for Disney in (no)detail's friends that she travels with. Must be stop start stop start to keep vlogging or record a story on Instagram (not to mention the many coffee stops too!). I'd have to separate and do my own thing, especially as I don't get to go as often as Victoria does.
To be fair Victoria's travelling companions do have a tendency to go off on their own at every available opportunity. I can't blame them, she's as dull as ditchwater.

Reactions: 5
What is it with DVC vloggers getting accommodation that is too big for their needs? I get that some of them needed to use points up but why are couples going in one bedroomed suites and basically paying double what they would for a studio? Most of them are planning to go back later in the year at least once so you would think it would be prudent to save some points for that. It’s not like they even cook anything in the kitchen that you get with a one bedroom + or even spend much time in the room. Wasteful twats.

What is it with DVC vloggers getting accommodation that is too big for their needs? I get that some of them needed to use points up but why are couples going in one bedroomed suites and basically paying double what they would for a studio? Most of them are planning to go back later in the year at least once so you would think it would be prudent to save some points for that. It’s not like they even cook anything in the kitchen that you get with a one bedroom + or even spend much time in the room. Wasteful twats.
not sure what’s wasteful about it?
If they have a load of points spare, not using the points up from each year would actually be more wasteful as they would have paid for it.

Most of the one beds have far superior bathrooms with a full size bath tub.

seems like an odd thing to complain about..

not sure what’s wasteful about it?
If they have a load of points spare, not using the points up from each year would actually be more wasteful as they would have paid for it.

Most of the one beds have far superior bathrooms with a full size bath tub.

seems like an odd thing to complain about..
Obviously it’s up to them but scrimping and saving to the point of ridiculousness to afford more trips, yet staying in larger DVC accommodation when they could easily scale down and not have to pay for accommodation next time seems daft and yes, wasteful. Why stay in a one bedroomed villa on one trip and then pay for a hotel on top of that when they could do a DVC studio on both trips?

Obviously it’s up to them but scrimping and saving to the point of ridiculousness to afford more trips, yet staying in larger DVC accommodation when they could easily scale down and not have to pay for accommodation next time seems daft and yes, wasteful. Why stay in a one bedroomed villa on one trip and then pay for a hotel on top of that when they could do a DVC studio on both trips?
is that what they are doing? I don’t really have any examples of people doing that that I’ve seen recently.

is that what they are doing? I don’t really have any examples of people doing that that I’ve seen recently.
Without naming names, I can think of 1 (very minor) vlogging couple who are recently back and one who have been back a while who are going later in the year and having to pay OOP for hotel rooms (or rent DVC points) because they’re all spent up. One pair are staying at Pop Century in the Autumn (nothing against Pop, just shows they must be paying for it as no DVC there)

There are others who have been doing the same and intend to go back later in the year but I don’t know for sure if they have more DVC points to use, we will see.

As I said, it’s up to them and if they really value a slightly better bathroom over a second DVC stay then fine but it’s the scrimping and saving both at Disney and at home to afford a second trip that baffles me. I’m not really annoyed, just perplexed.

Also, you might as well pay the hotel room rate instead of a DVC resort if there are only two of you and you’re going to spend that much money on a room. The hotel rooms are much nicer in my opinion.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.