Disney Vloggers #7 "Happy to be Home" didn't last long and now it's back to moan moan moan!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not until Sep but it’s coming around quick I would love to visit Dlp for the New Year’s Eve party has anyone ever done that?
I did DLP New Year’s Eve party in 2019 and I have booked it again for this year as I loved it so much!

It was honestly one of the best things I have ever done😀 the atmosphere was brilliant, the shows, parades and the DJ with Angel and Stitch, the park stayed open until like 1am and it was fantastic. I thought it was well worth the money!

yip this trip seemed to come out of the blue ,however i think they are mainly staying with friends plus she said flight were £200 ish pounds each for premium
If you've flown premium recently, that is most definitely not the case!

It’s 11.5k for 2 adults and 2 kids , our tickets , no dinning plan, no flights and not even a free magic band …it’s terrible, the most we have EVER paid to stay there in all the years we have been lucky enough to go there , it will probably be our last time staying on site, so we thought we would just suck it up , which is hilarious as I’ve literally got about 12 pounds sitting in my account and not the mark Zuckerberg riches I sound like I have to splash about 😂😂😂
Could have bought 100 points of DVC for that 😂

I did DLP NYE way back in, I think, 2010. It was absolutely freezing and that spoilt it. I don't know what I expected the weather to be like just outside Paris in December but it was bitterly cold. Kids were freezing and knackered but determined to stay til midnight.

The event itself was fine and I'm sure has much improved in 12 years but you can't pick the weather.

Not until Sep but it’s coming around quick I would love to visit Dlp for the New Year’s Eve party has anyone ever done that?
Eekkk exciting ! It will whizz around , never the NYE , I’ve done their Halloween party and it’s Crazy! Completely different to fluffy Disney world , it’s a bit scary! But they sure did put in a show ! I can only imagine any other event would be as good! If the budget allows and it’s open , the Disney land hotel is worth the splurge , it’s a gorg hotel & if you ask for a ground floor room, it get a little patio and garden ! X

If you've flown premium recently, that is most definitely not the case!

Could have bought 100 points of DVC for that 😂
Oh don’t - we did a Dvc tour about 4 years ago and They had their last beach club villa to sell - we thought yea sure , went away to crunch the numbers and by the time we realised it would have been worth it, it was of course gone ! None of the other hotels quite match up so I sit sometimes and quietly fume over it 😂😂 I did look at reseller points and stuff , but it was only saving a little bit Anddddd I was ( still) holding out for the DDP return, which we wouldn’t be eligible for! We will enjoy this trip and I think sadly going forward , we will be priced out of ‘ home ‘ 🙄🙄xx

Last edited:
Eekkk exciting ! It will whizz around , never the NYE , I’ve done their Halloween party and it’s Crazy! Completely different to fluffy Disney world , it’s a bit scary! But they sure did put in a show ! I can only imagine any other event would be as good! If the budget allows and it’s open , the Disney land hotel is worth the splurge , it’s a gorg hotel & if you ask for a ground floor room, it get a little patio and garden ! X

Oh don’t - we did a Dvc tour about 4 years ago and They had their last beach club villa to sell - we thought yea sure , went away to crunch the numbers and by the time we realised it would have been worth it, it was of course gone ! None of the other hotels quite match up so I sit sometimes and quietly fume over it 😂😂 I did look at reseller points and stuff , but it was only saving a little bit Anddddd I was ( still) holding out for the DDP return, which we wouldn’t be eligible for! We will enjoy this trip and I think sadly going forward , we will be priced out of ‘ home ‘ 🙄🙄xx
Resale is still cheaper than direct, worth a look every now and then. You can add the DDP to a DVC stay (when DDP is available!)

Personally I'd be very cautious with dvc resale now, during covid people had major issues with cancellations, refunds etc from the UK. I remember Hannah ricketts posting about it. I'd definitely check their policies in certain circumstances

Reactions: 2
I see So Helena and Martyn have started posting a new DLP vlog series- they've only just finished an 11 part DLP vlog! Surely the new series is going to be exactly the same?!
I tried to watch their new vlog but had to stop as most of it is just them giggling and doing nothing

they'll turn into Disney in Detail and Adam Hattan if they're not careful

I had my trip delayed because of covid but I managed to get a better deal by choosing a cheaper hotel it’s only a universal one but at least I have more spending money now😐
I loved the universal value hotels was easy enough to get an Uber to Disney saved so much and early park admission was great

Danny dalimore’s new series - can you do everything at Disney/universal in 2 weeks…only does 3 rides on the first day 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Thanks for sharing this, not sure when we’ll get to go, due to family illness, but I’m definitely going to think outside of the Disney bubble!

Which hotel did you stay in? If you don’t mind sharing
Stayed in Surfside when it first opended pre COVID and Dockside end of last year. Both convenient for I drive restaurants and shuttles to city walk and parks every 10 mins. Hoping to go back to Dockside later this year. Tough to choose between them just going with whichever is cheaper

Stayed in Surfside when it first opended pre COVID and Dockside end of last year. Both convenient for I drive restaurants and shuttles to city walk and parks every 10 mins. Hoping to go back to Dockside later this year. Tough to choose between them just going with whichever is cheaper
Thanks I’m going to Dockside later this year! Was such good value for a universal hotel and the early entry is such a bonus.

Reactions: 1
I see So Helena and Martyn have started posting a new DLP vlog series- they've only just finished an 11 part DLP vlog! Surely the new series is going to be exactly the same?!
This. I was going to post the same thing. It’s all very well that they can go when they want with their (frequently flaunted) annual passes, but the content is just boring. Same travel day, same attractions, same food. It’s a turn off. I actually quite like them, but please employ some variety to your content.

Anni Stores is another too. Just finished a DLP vlog series and straight on to a brand new …. DLP series. More of exactly the same.

I wouldn’t mind so much but there is an inherent limit to the variety at DLP compared to the resorts in the USA etc. Nowhere near the same level.

Reactions: 3
This. I was going to post the same thing. It’s all very well that they can go when they want with their (frequently flaunted) annual passes, but the content is just boring. Same travel day, same attractions, same food. It’s a turn off. I actually quite like them, but please employ some variety to your content.

Anni Stores is another too. Just finished a DLP vlog series and straight on to a brand new …. DLP series. More of exactly the same.

I wouldn’t mind so much but there is an inherent limit to the variety at DLP compared to the resorts in the USA etc. Nowhere near the same level.
I couldn't even make it through the last DLP visit. His inane laughing at anything and everything, and it just seemed to be like every other DLP vlog they've ever done. You can make interesting and original vlogs about DLP ( Sam4God is a good example) but that involves actually doing different stuff and giving out useful information. Literally doing Buzz ten times on one trip is going to try even the biggest DLP fan. It's disappointing because I used to really like them but they're boring me rigid now. And did I mention that inane laugh?

Reactions: 3
Given how long they spent with Our Wilding Adventures, it’ll soon turn into a vloggers vlogging vloggers vlog, if it hasn’t already….I can’t stand the laugh either so haven’t gone near their channel since lockdown 1.0 when I discovered them and quickly decided to undiscover them 😂

Reactions: 1
I know he’s been mentioned before but this MacBlogs - how much is he actually spending on promotion? I’ve seen soooo many of his posts now coming up as sponsored, it’s ridiculous

I couldn't even make it through the last DLP visit. His inane laughing at anything and everything, and it just seemed to be like every other DLP vlog they've ever done. You can make interesting and original vlogs about DLP ( Sam4God is a good example) but that involves actually doing different stuff and giving out useful information. Literally doing Buzz ten times on one trip is going to try even the biggest DLP fan. It's disappointing because I used to really like them but they're boring me rigid now. And did I mention that inane laugh?
Gah it really pains me to say this as I really like them but I haven't even bothered with the last DLP apart from the odd one as DLP doesn't really interest me and having back to back vlogs has really turned me off.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.