Disney Vloggers #7 "Happy to be Home" didn't last long and now it's back to moan moan moan!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i think it will even out in terms of visits and the two/three trips a year for most of them once the initial excitement of ‘being back’ is done and dusted.

some people have splashed out as it’s been years since they have been there.

for me, I would only pay for hotel stays that are more premium than a dvc resort like club level rooms, I do as you say and always use dvc points for most of my stays regardless but I have enough to stay in one beds at two of the resorts - although since I got divorced and have no kids I have even less of a need for the 1 bed!!

Studios often go a lot quicker so some may have no choice. Personally I’d always pick a 1br over a studio so that we have more room. But then we bought enough DVC points to cover for 1br stays as that’s our preference. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
It’s not the choosing a larger villa, of course it’s nice to have more space, but the insistence that they have to budget hard to do multiple trips a year is what annoys me (only slightly, I’m not that hung up on it all, despite my multiple posts on the subject 😄)

I do think a lot of the vloggers enjoy the smugness of extreme budgeting (ten day old croissants, anyone)? they put themselves through for 46+ weeks of the year so they can have a few WDW holidays, almost like they’re trying to justify their trips.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Spoonful of sugar are still in Florida?! They’ve been there for weeks. They must be loaded!

Spoonful of sugar are still in Florida?! They’ve been there for weeks. They must be loaded!
Judging by their Instagram.

Staycation Cruise in August
2 week Spain Cruise in October
Orlando in November/December.
Cape Town in February
Euro Cruise (visiting Belgium) in March
Orlando in April/May

Plus they ALWAYS fly business class to and from everywhere.

Then they both always express such crazy excitement that they are going away somewhere on their travel day. Like a couple of kids who have never been abroad ever before, let alone only gone away the previous bloody week/month!!!

Excessive is putting it mildly. Might by my issue but I just can't warm to people like that. It's almost like they are rubbing people's noses in it acting like it's completely normal to holiday that much. Cant remember them ever mentioning how fortunate they are to be able to live that lifestyle though I tend to ignore most of their vlogs now so may be mistaken.

What could they possibly do job wise to not only be able to afford all of that but also both to be allowed that much time off work?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I’ve watched a few Spoonful of Sugar vlogs but never really warmed to them or found them
interesting enough to hate watch. What’s their story? Do they work? It’s not only the cost of everything, it’s getting enough time off work to do constant trips that baffles me.

I’ve watched a few Spoonful of Sugar vlogs but never really warmed to them or found them
interesting enough to hate watch. What’s their story? Do they work? It’s not only the cost of everything, it’s getting enough time off work to do constant trips that baffles me.
I’m assuming they must be self employed to be able to take all that time off; their house on one of the vlogs didn’t look extravagant so maybe no mortgage and just spend what they make?

I’m assuming they must be self employed to be able to take all that time off; their house on one of the vlogs didn’t look extravagant so maybe no mortgage and just spend what they make?
Still seems like a lot of time to take off even if self-employed but good luck to them if they can do that. They seem happy.

Still seems like a lot of time to take off even if self-employed but good luck to them if they can do that. They seem happy.
In my job I can buy a additional four weeks holiday on top of my six weeks holiday so it’s possible they could work for a company with a similar system. I bumped them in 2019 in the queue for space ranger spin and they were really nice people.

The waits for characters at DLP is really bad, then someone rocks up with a disability pass (harder to get at DLP than WDW I believe) and they get to see the characters way sooner than those of you in the queue. It's supposed to mean you wait the same amount of time but don't queue but that is not what happens. I saw people returning through the disability queue for a second meet whilst the same people waited in the main line.
I was at DLP in April and my friend has the access pass (there are 2 types available) and for most character meets you are given a return time on a piece of paper and there are a limited number of them, then when you return at your alloted time you are seen next or after a couple of meets, but I guess it can look like it's just instant! Infact one family accused us of pushing in, I mentioned our return time and they said they had one too, but they were over 20 mins early for it! So even someone who knows how it all works got the wrong idea!

I do however not agree with people being able to come back multiple times!

I do think a lot of the vloggers enjoy the smugness of extreme budgeting (ten day old croissants, anyone)? they put themselves through for 46+ weeks of the year so they can have a few WDW holidays, almost like they’re trying to justify their trips.
Are these the guys you were referencing earlier too? 🤔

'Danny Dalimore, Epcot on a budget'
Budget of $40 for the day, no talk of the time he arrived, so no breakfast mentioned!
6 mins in and they go for 'a meal' at San Angel Inn' and they each order a $6 starter of chips, salsa and cheese and ask to wait and see if they're hungry enough to order a main.....they of course are not! So they pay and leave and announce their total left each is $33 and he claims he factored tax and tip into that! That's not disney on a budget, that's just plain cheeky in my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Neither of them are self employed. In their Christmas vlog during the pandemic they showed a bit of their work life. He was still going into the office and she was working from home but her schedule was still flexible and she seemed to do nothing only meetings so I’d say both have senior white collar jobs. The time is a bit baffling and in the Christmas vlog they also both have plenty of time off a day here, long weekend there. I appreciate they weren’t traveling too but does show they both have no issues getting time off when they feel like it even on the run up to Christmas which is mayhem in lots of industries.

at my company management level has flexible holidays. In other words, take as much as you wantbut don’t take the piss and you must keep your quality up and get great impact reviews every 6 months. My own boss took 50 days last year. I’ve also worked at places where you can buy time but they would need fabulous salaries to each buy several weeks. Their new house isn’t lavish but they did loads of work on it so it has cost them. If they didn’t travel they could have a huge, flash house but with just the 2 of them they’re probably not bothered. I find huge houses a bit eerie if they’re not filed with people (or maybe I’m telling myself that to make living in a studio more tolerable :) )

Anyway, I don’t mind them. They’re fairly bland and inoffensive and aside from travel and home renovation they don’t seem like they blow lots of money on going out or shopping or cars. Steve’s brother is a doctor so I’ll also stereotype and assume he/they come from a bit of money. Will and Lelly are similar though more relatable I suppose as they go Business but into Miami to cut costs and then stay at values and don’t go as often.

Reactions: 6
Topic I’m interested in hearing your opinions on……. What is the drink driving limit in America? I’ve noticed many vloggers drink drive, or in my eyes I think they do. What are the rules?

On lodge guys thread they do drink drive, but this morning we were working through old vlogs we’ve never seen: saw L&r dreaming May 2018 day 10 (I don’t know how to link a blog) and they go to trader Sam’s and have a giant cocktail each and drive there and back

I went to trader Sam’s when it opened and I think each drink is like 2 or 3 in alcohol levels? Rich has a drink that’s $30 and he does drive home?

Sorry I’m advance if I am wrong, I just don’t agree with being near the limit but it seems many go over vs limits in europe?

Topic I’m interested in hearing your opinions on……. What is the drink driving limit in America? I’ve noticed many vloggers drink drive, or in my eyes I think they do. What are the rules?

On lodge guys thread they do drink drive, but this morning we were working through old vlogs we’ve never seen: saw L&r dreaming May 2018 day 10 (I don’t know how to link a blog) and they go to trader Sam’s and have a giant cocktail each and drive there and back

I went to trader Sam’s when it opened and I think each drink is like 2 or 3 in alcohol levels? Rich has a drink that’s $30 and he does drive home?

Sorry I’m advance if I am wrong, I just don’t agree with being near the limit but it seems many go over vs limits in europe?
I found this so more drinks than the UK I think...

In Florida, 0.08 BAC (Blood Alcohol Concentration) is the legal limit.
As a baseline for the discussion, consider that one drink equals one of the following:
  • 1.5 ounces of 80 proof liquor (40% alcohol)
  • 12 ounces of beer (4.5% alcohol)
  • or 5 ounces of wine (12% alcohol)
Surprisingly, for men, it only takes 2-3 drinks to be at or above the legal limit of 0.08 depending on body weight and a number of other factors such as metabolism, the last time the individual has eaten, age, fat/muscle content, and a variety of other factors.

For women, just 2 drinks could put the individual at or above the legal limit.

Just had a quick look and the US has the exact same drink drive limit as the UK (with the exception of Scotland which is a bit lower)
I personally can’t tolerate drink driving of any kind. You see it with a lot of people on travel days as well. They’ll have 3-4 drinks on the flight then go jump on their hire car! Alcohol affects you more on planes too due to the altitude.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I wouldn’t be able to drive if I had a cocktail at Trader Sam’s. I never drink and drive anyway but I would not feel
comfortable doing so after one of those drinks. L&R don’t really drink so I reckon they would be drunk after one of those big glasses of booze.

It s more socially acceptable to have a drink and then drive in the States. However, we’retalking about British people here and we all know it’s an absolute no-no, drilled into us from being kids.

I'm always amazed how the US aren't bothered on drink driving and using phones etc behind the wheel. I've even seen major celebs post Instagram stories being distracted behind the wheel and its all very brazen and not bothered

Reactions: 3
Paging Mr Morrow is constantly pissed and driving. They also all use their phones at the wheel. But then, guns are legal.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Just doing my weekly travel day scroll and came across one that started their vlog stating she is a small shop owner (Disney inspired of course), wow so people not even hiding the real reason for vlogging now!!

• Haha
Has anyone here watched Han & Andy’s Florida vlogs? Only watched their most recent travel day so far but find them a little bit dull. Just wondered if it’s worth my while to keep watching

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.