Discontent #5 food, energy, transport, cost of living etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else feel like there is a societal collapse impending in the uk? Public sectors striking is a real possibility with autumn winter? Energy price hikes? Inflation? Energy crisis? Crumbling public services? I saw on the news yesterday that 80 percent of dentists are not taking on nhs patients and people were sticking plastic to their teeth? Cost of food increasing? New pm? It just feels like endless disaster one after another, I genuinely cannot see a way out…
A few months ago I saw someone that works for devon doctors/111 saying the wait list for a dentist in devon in 9 years!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Is a house coat the same as a dressing gown?
That's one thing I've never understood, I couldn't imagine wearing my dressing gown during the day!
If I'm cold, I put on a fleece or a jumper, never me dressing gown!
What I imagine when I think of a house coat:

C9E8B246-E64B-4C9A-8D7D-9B1162E0A991.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Well I found some suspicious lumps in both my armpits even know the gp refered them as urgent …. Radiology department said it’s a 13 week wait for an ultrasound 😡😡😡

so I’m now in the process of trying to book a private ultrasound …. I swear to god this governments decisions are just slowly killing us off 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Well I found some suspicious lumps in both my armpits even know the gp refered them as urgent …. Radiology department said it’s a 13 week wait for an ultrasound 😡😡😡

so I’m now in the process of trying to book a private ultrasound …. I swear to god this governments decisions are just slowly killing us off 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️
The breast clinic should see you within 2 weeks if your GP makes an urgent referral. Quote the NICE guidance to them and see if they can sort it out: https://www.nhs.uk/ipgmedia/National/Breast Cancer Care/assets/Referraltoabreastclinic(BCC).pdf

• Heart
Reactions: 5

A friend of mine has 55 week wait for investigations. They can go private and get an appointment within a couple of days. Cost of £5k. 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Does anyone else feel like there is a societal collapse impending in the uk? Public sectors striking is a real possibility with autumn winter? Energy price hikes? Inflation? Energy crisis? Crumbling public services? I saw on the news yesterday that 80 percent of dentists are not taking on nhs patients and people were sticking plastic to their teeth? Cost of food increasing? New pm? It just feels like endless disaster one after another, I genuinely cannot see a way out…
The media are saying it's just like the 1970's so I wonder what happened then and how we solved the problem?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.