Disappointments

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could be anything really … this one’s a bit first world problems etc, I do realise.

I had some of that lovely illuminated liqueur from M&S for Christmas, but it doesn‘t taste of much and gives me a whacking headache. I can drink Bailey’s in the same quantity and it’s delicious plus not so hangover-inducing. I probably drink more that the recommended guidelines at one sitting, the liqueur being a lovely starter or finisher to several other drinks, but I am still sad about the Christmas one, although it looks very pretty.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Stores that advertise things that they don't have in stock, take your money and sit on it for a good week, then refund you but say it will take 7-14 days to process! Seriously annoying. Just be honest!!

Reactions: 9
I am a French student at UMIST and I learn English very well. But it is annoying when because I do not understand what someone has said because I do not understand the English term or slang they then roll there eyes and speak back in loud slow words what they have just said. Which does not help at all. And they are supposed to be clever students! :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Nearly every single tourist attraction I've ever visited has left me with a feeling ranging from mild disappointment to absolute rip-off (the exceptions being Pompeii, the Palace of Holyroodhouse and the monastery of El Escorial).

Reactions: 6
I am a French student at UMIST and I learn English very well. But it is annoying when because I do not understand what someone has said because I do not understand the English term or slang they then roll there eyes and speak back in loud slow words what they have just said. Which does not help at all. And they are supposed to be clever students! :rolleyes:
The University of Manchester hasn’t been called UMIST for a while now… 🤔

Reactions: 5
Nearly every single tourist attraction I've ever visited has left me with a feeling ranging from mild disappointment to absolute rip-off (the exceptions being Pompeii, the Palace of Holyroodhouse and the monastery of El Escorial).
I know what u mean. Although I didnt find Pompeii very interesting tbh

The University of Manchester hasn’t been called UMIST for a while now… 🤔
Forgive me. Yes it is no longer UMIST but University of Manchester. However my English Grandmother was a student at UMIST when it was called and graduated there in the 1970s I think. And she still calls it UMIST when talking about her days there. And it is easy to say and remember. She thinks the new name is silly :)

Reactions: 2
Forgive me. Yes it is no longer UMIST but University of Manchester. However my English Grandmother was a student at UMIST when it was called and graduated there in the 1970s I think. And she still calls it UMIST when talking about her days there. And it is easy to say and remember. She thinks the new name is silly :)
Ah ok. You must’ve learned a lot of English from your Grandmother then, that’s handy. I’m sure your English skills will be raisin in no time 🙂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I bought some toaster bags to make a toasted sandwich. It was disappointing!

Reactions: 1
When your brain remembers somthing as being amazing an then you realise it's bs you an it's not as amazing as it made it seem

Reactions: 1