Digital Spy Forums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You're not allowed to post anything from the Mail over there because it automatically means that you are a right wing fascist πŸ™„
Well my thread about toilets went well, no one bitched about the Daily Mail source! Trouble is I would get the same flack if I posted from The Sun and the Metro.

Reactions: 1
I got in trouble there the other day on that thread about Lisa being photographed wearing PJs. They all have a violent dislike of Ant Mcpartlin and deemed that Lisa being papped was down to him trying to discredit her!

Now I don't have a strong opinion about either of them but you would think that Ant was the devil incarnate over there. When i posted that Ant has moved on and probably has better things to do with his life than ensure Lisa is hounded by the press, I was accused of being a zealot fan of Ant (and I'm really not). There's absolutely no balance. Everytime I see certain posters pop up I know that they are going to relentlessly push their agenda.

You're not allowed to post anything from the Mail over there because it automatically means that you are a right wing fascist πŸ™„
Remember when some bright spark on Virgin Trains tried to ban the Daily Mail but in the end they were ordered by Branson himself to re-stock it? God knows I have my issues with that publication but incidents like that and groups like #stopfundinghate give you an idea of who the fascists really are. The one good thing about the Mail is they do have open discussions about issues nobody else wants to and that's one of the few compliments I'll ever give them, because as Judge Judy once said you don't want to live in a world with only one voice.

Everytime I see certain posters pop up I know that they are going to relentlessly push their agenda.
CoughWhedonitecough.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Remember when some bright spark on Virgin Trains tried to ban the Daily Mail but in the end they were ordered by Branson himself to re-stock it? God knows I have my issues with that publication but incidents like that and groups like #stopfundinghate give you an idea of who the fascists really are. The one good thing about the Mail is they do have open discussions about issues nobody else wants to and that's one of the few compliments I'll ever give them, because as Judge Judy once said you don't want to live in a world with only one voice.

CoughWhedonitecough.
Yes he's a real sanctimonious bleep

• Heart
Reactions: 3
The ons shining light in there was years ago by Biffo the bear, home colonic irrigation thread in general discussion, I have a link somewhere, I will see if I can find it, it was the funniest thing I have ever read. Whenever I have felt really down I have re-read it. A story of what happened when he bought a home irrigation kit from eBay πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Just checked you can google it!
OMG. Love love love the Biffo thread. Anyone remember the RG11 repull thread? That is the very best thread. I love DS but it’s a hard place to be. My last post was somewhat hysterical and angry.

There used to be a really nice poster on the BB section called WonkeyDonkey who was always fair and kind to people who were getting a hard time. Does anyone else remember her?
Unfortunately she died. There doesn't seem to be anyone like that on there these days.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
There used to be a really nice poster on the BB section called WonkeyDonkey who was always fair and kind to people who were getting a hard time. Does anyone else remember her?
Unfortunately she died. There doesn't seem to be anyone like that on there these days.
Did anyone ever found out what happened to seacam? He was always on advice and gd with plumbing queries and then all of a sudden he disappeared.

These are two of my all time favourite threads there because I think both posters were actually totally serious, bless 'em.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

These are two of my all time favourite threads there because I think both posters were actually totally serious, bless 'em.
I have just read the fiend one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, not sure he is the full ticket , in the last month he has started two threads about trousers πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I have just read the fiend one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, not sure he is the full ticket , in the last month he has started two threads about trousers πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
He has a business fixing computers for people in his village but knows absolutely nothing and tries to get everyone on DS to do the work for him for free. Mad person, but somehow kind of endearing to me...probably because at least he's not nasty to people, something you can say about so few DS posters these days.

I used to go on DS quite a bit, a lot of posters are unnecessarily pedantic at times.
The worst are people like Frank Debrin, carl.waring (so shockingly rude I can't believe he's not been banned), the_don1, bollywood, and unique. Don't even bother trying to converse with them, just shove them on ignore. It will save some massive headaches. It's mindblowing to me how certain posters can break the rules 100 times over and nothing, but you can get banned for saying "I agree" to someone's politely expessed opinion in a debate about transgender issues.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The worst are people like Frank Debrin, carl.waring (so shockingly rude I can't believe he's not been banned), the_don1, bollywood, and unique. Don't even bother trying to converse with them, just shove them on ignore. It will save some massive headaches. It's mindblowing to me how certain posters can break the rules 100 times over and nothing, but you can get banned for saying "I agree" to someone's politely expessed opinion in a debate about transgender issues.
Some posters are "untouchable".

Frank Debrin hates my guts, however he has recently warmed up to me, I blame cabin fever!

Last edited:
I have been on DS for years but never dared to post. Like the Strictly live thread as they notice stuff that completely passes me by. But no point in saying anything that goes against the general mood. I also stick with the ratings thread just for the viewing figures but the amount of nastiness upon there is unbelievable. However I have DS to thank as someone posted on there that they had been banned by Tattle and regretted it so I immediately googled and found my new home.

Reactions: 4
Hello
Another Ds Refugee here.
I usually only venture onto DS now when
I want something to send me to sleep because it is so dry and boring.
When i first joined DS it was lively and you could
ask questions without appearing stupid. Nowdays everyone has an attitude.
I have one poster on there on permanent ignore because as soon as someone comments they don’t like a particular character in a tv show they cry RACIST.

Special shout out to jj β€˜proof?’wales! #thicksanctimonioustwat
He's awful and so is scottie2121 who only ever seems to post to sneer at other forum members. He has never, not once, contributed anything that could bring some positivty to anyone or anything.

I'd pity these people if they weren't so awful to be around.

Another DS refugee here. Have to thank them though for directing me here following the PS thread deleting posts. I still go on the soaps thread occasionally but it seems to be getting more cliquey of late. I don't understand their in jokes.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.