Didn't get the job, help.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey, so I had an interview for a job I really wanted and would of been a great career step. It was an internal position and a ex best work friend from my team also applied and got the job. I'm gutted, my interview wasn't the best so I knew i hadn't got it however it was dragged out for two weeks and when I was finally got told that we both scored the same and it was a tough decision to make I can't help but compare myself and I feel so down. Any advice, I feel lost in my career right now.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Sorry!

Ask them for feed back and this will help you with your next interview

Reactions: 2
Yep, ask for some feedback, take it constructively, work on any areas that require it and then look for something else when you are ready to apply again. What do you feel didn’t go particularly well during the interview?

Reactions: 2
Something better will come your way.

My friend who was on scale 6 was going to be made redundant and was applying for jobs left, right and centre and didn’t get any. Then a job came up in my department which is scale 8 but she didn’t get it. She asked for feedback and another job came up so she applied for that, prepared prepared prepared and got it!

Ask for feedback and keep applying. Don’t give up 😊

Reactions: 1
Take a breather for it if you need to and then ask for some feedback. This experience wasn’t a total bust- you didn’t fail, by the sounds of it you did really good. It’s easier said than done but don’t be so hard on yourself.
When these things happen it’s easy to feel stagnant or like it’s never going to happen. You clearly care and have drive- good things will happen I’m sure 😊

Definitely ask for feedback - not only does it show that you’re keen to improve but it really is useful for knowing what you need to practice more for next time.

If you scored the same as the person who got it then you must have done well! Something else will come along, it always does 😊

Please take this as helpful advice. Check your grammar and spelling, and research the company. Know it inside out. Also google interview questions so that you have time to consider the best answers. Be positive, sit up straight, and think about what to wear. I say all this because if you score the same as someone else you need the edge over them next time to be successful in being selected for the role.

Do not feel bad about it at all! I am notoriously bad at interviews even though I know I'd be great at the job. Like everybody said ask for feedback and next time round mention to them that you realise that you don't interview well but that you are excellent at the job role you are currently in.
Alternatively take a mild sedative before an interview so you are not so nervous

Ask for feedback and use it for your next interview. Its ok to feel disappointed but don't dwell on it for long. Something else will come along.