Diaryofafatenglishgirl

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember those posts about him! I felt so bad! And her Happy Father’s Day message to him was so odd too, it starts off with a list of all the things he does that annoys her 😃 I mean doesn’t she realise that she’s just making herself look bad and people feel sorry for him. She also gets crazy defensive when anyone messages her to say “your lucky because ___” People are just trying to cheer her up or help her look at the positives and then she writes a big story about why she’s not lucky. I am quite envious personally of her bond with her sister as I don’t have siblings but I darent message her to say that!
I didn’t feel sorry for him at all. For all she annoys me, I felt really angry for her because according to her, she’s stuck with a man who does nothing while she does everything.

So it seemed like he did everything he did before Arlo was born and she was the one left holding the baby. Imagine the resentment.

Reactions: 3
To be honest the way she wrote about Tom at least, it came across that he was a man who had a kid but didn’t want his life to change in any way and pull his weight. Seems like he expected her to do most of the child rearing. And I even remember her posting about Tom not being able to see Arlo because of football?

I mean from the way she wrote, he came across as the type of man who had very little investment in his child’s development despite living in the same house (before they broke up)

No idea to the extent that it’s true but I’ve seen men like this numerous times - couple has baby, woman’s life changes while the man thinks his can continue unchanged. Not surprised they broke up tbh.

She did kind of portray Tom as a man who is lukewarm about his kid. And I wonder how much of that is reality or exeggeration.
I always got the impression that whenever Tom did try to do anything with Arlo it was always "wrong" in her eyes. He gave Arlo the wrong food, did the wrong bedtime routine, etc etc. It's like she wanted complete control over everything, and inevitably I think emasculated him. I never understood why she went to swimming with them - can Tom not have any time alone with his son? I felt like she didnt trust or/and didnt feel he was a competent parent. Maybe in the end he just gave up trying? This is all just conjecture from me obviously, as we only ever see what's posted on IG

Reactions: 4
I always got the impression that whenever Tom did try to do anything with Arlo it was always "wrong" in her eyes. He gave Arlo the wrong food, did the wrong bedtime routine, etc etc. It's like she wanted complete control over everything, and inevitably I think emasculated him. I never understood why she went to swimming with them - can Tom not have any time alone with his son? I felt like she didnt trust or/and didnt feel he was a competent parent. Maybe in the end he just gave up trying? This is all just conjecture from me obviously, as we only ever see what's posted on IG
Yeah that’s definitely a possibility. She does seem quite controlling when it comes to Arlo in particular.

To be honest the way she wrote about Tom at least, it came across that he was a man who had a kid but didn’t want his life to change in any way and pull his weight. Seems like he expected her to do most of the child rearing. And I even remember her posting about Tom not being able to see Arlo because of football?

I mean from the way she wrote, he came across as the type of man who had very little investment in his child’s development despite living in the same house (before they broke up)

No idea to the extent that it’s true but I’ve seen men like this numerous times - couple has baby, woman’s life changes while the man thinks his can continue unchanged. Not surprised they broke up tbh.

She did kind of portray Tom as a man who is lukewarm about his kid. And I wonder how much of that is reality or exeggeration.
This is exactly my impression.

This is part of her struggle now. She's not in control of him and while to some extent I can understand, it's hard leaving your children but in her situation, she needs to let it go or it's going to eat her up for a very long time.

Reactions: 1
I'm not a fan of her tbh, don't like that she moans constantly or that I'm pretty sure she weaned Arlo at 4 months and all his packed lunches are rammed full of baby snacks, she was tit hot on his salt intake but literally everything is full of sugar. She just always seems so bitter about everything.

I remember when they first broke up she posted something about him not being able to be left on his own with Arlo, which I thought was weird 🤔 but obviously not the situation now. Get kind of annoyed with the whole thing about instagrammers feeling sorry for themselves because they've read something about themselves on a forum that they didn't like... no one likes everyone, and if you dont want to read it, dont go looking for it?!!

I remember when they first broke up she posted something about him not being able to be left on his own with Arlo, which I thought was weird 🤔 but obviously not the situation now. Get kind of annoyed with the whole thing about instagrammers feeling sorry for themselves because they've read something about themselves on a forum that they didn't like... no one likes everyone, and if you dont want to read it, dont go looking for it?!!
People dont always go looking, some get screenshots sent to them

I do really like her in general but god I wish she would stop going on about “those forums”! I googled her and this is the only thread that came up and no one even said anything that bad! Get over it 😬😬😬

I do really like her in general but god I wish she would stop going on about “those forums”! I googled her and this is the only thread that came up and no one even said anything that bad! Get over it 😬😬😬

I thought the same!! The way she said “drama with the forums” was so overdramatic, I genuinely thought there must be more than just this one as surely she couldn’t mean this one. Sure, this thread has got some people who have said they don’t agree with this or that but also a lot of it is positive! So it’s not exactly hateful or bullying is it. But any excuse to throw a pity party eh.

I thought maybe she'd turned a corner after her social media break, new haircut, going out with friends, doing things when Arlo isn't with her etc etc. It was genuinely great to see her start to take care of herself. But seems like she's slowly reverting back to type after yesterday's IG post and stories, back to the endless sorting out whenever he's not around and mourning at his bedside!

Also the use of "forums" plural was very interesting... she probably didn't want to lose face by admitting she was upset by what was written on this one very small thread so hyped it up to "drama on the forums" to legitimise it. Compared to some of the threads on Tattle what's written here is Nandos Lemon & Herb 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Anyone would think she was planning a big adventure for her nieces birthday!!! Don’t think she’s mentioned it enough times!

She was also the person who directed me to this site after her rants...thanks hun!

"I wont be documenting his potty training journey as he deserves my full attention"

.... Proceeds to document potty training journey 😂

Reactions: 5
Arlo doesn't seem ready for potty training. Not sure why she's pushing it on him.
I agree. I also think better to just get then used to wearing clothes and pants when you do it as no good him being ok at home when he's naked then wetting himself everytime he's got clothes on. I waited until mine were old enough to tell me when they needed to wee so didnt have any of the having to constantly badger but up to her I guess.

It's the passive aggressive smiley faces that kill me whenever someone kindly and innocently offers any advice re : Arlo because SARAH DOES NOT NEED ANY ADVICE OK?!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
It's the passive aggressive smiley faces that kill me whenever someone kindly and innocently offers any advice re : Arlo because SARAH DOES NOT NEED ANY ADVICE OK?!
Yes, this is so annoying, and also what makes her come across as so rude - talks about an issue and then slams people for messaging her and offering advice! Don’t put it out there to your thousands of followers if you don’t want feedback, maybe try keeping a tiny piece of your life off Instagram!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.