Diane Abbott

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

She was in power for all of the Blair years (with hackney she'll never lose power) but still the state schools weren't good enough for her son. Claimed he would end up in a gang if he went to a state school in the borough she's held power in since the 80s, so had to privately educate him.

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott's privately-educated son, 28, is charged with 11 offences including exposing himself and attacks on police and NHS staff

· Assaulted a person causing them actual bodily harm - August 7, 2019 - Royal Free Hospital

· Assault by beating - August 8, 2019 - Mile End Hospital - assaulted a Doctor

· Assault by beating of emergency services worker - July 26, 2019 – Homerton Hospital - assaulted a police officer

· Assault by beating of emergency services worker - July 26, 2019 – on Middleton Road - assaulted a police officer

· Assaulted a person causing them actual bodily harm - July 26, 2019 – within the London borough of Hackney

· Exposure - October 27, 2019 - at Homerton Hospital

· Assault by beating of emergency services worker - November 7, 2019 – at Homerton Hospital - assaulted a nurse

· Racially/religiously aggravated criminal damage – November 7, 2019, at Homerton Hospital - destroyed prescription spectacles

· Assault by beating of emergency services worker – November 8, 2019 - Homerton Hospital - assaulted a police officer

· Assault by beating – August 7, 2019 – Royal Free Hospital -

· Assault by beating of an emergency services worker – December 23, 2019 – Bevan Ward, Homerton Hospital – assaulted a social therapist

I wonder if it's mental health issues?

I can't stand Dianne and her voice that is both patronising and condescending at the same time. Some of the things she's said would be career ending for other politicians.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
Apparently the court was told the offences were committed while he was being treated for mental health issues. It does seem ‘out of character’ and the offences seem to have started after he left his job working for the Foreign Office based in Italy. I wonder if he left that job due to mental health reasons.

Reactions: 7
Wonder if he’s smoked a lot of skunk. Mental health problems are notorious with skunk smokers.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Bevan ward, homerton hospital is a psychiatric intensive care unit for men usually suffering with psychosis

Reactions: 9
I remember when she sent her Son to private school and the furore she created . One of her utterances was ‘West Indian Mothers would go to the wall for their children’😲.

As a white Woman I would also go to the wall for my children as I’m sure most caring and loving Mothers of any ethnicity would.

Reactions: 40

Yel

How's that war on drugs going? 🙄

Skunk is terrible stuff, super high in THC and next to no CBD to balance it out.

Jumping the gun by miles, but if this is the cause id have the up most respect for Diane if she tried to improve the situation of drugs in the UK. Skunk is bleeping up so many people's heads and it's the law that's encouraged it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I feel awful for her and her son that this has made news. Mental health services are shocking in the UK and it appears her son is on the MH wards based on what I've read. Nobody deserves to be assaulted but if that was me and I saw that all of that had been made so public, it would probably tip me over the edge. 😩 She has had so much horrible press about her compared to other politicians too

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I feel awful for her and her son that this has made news. Mental health services are shocking in the UK and it appears her son is on the MH wards based on what I've read. Nobody deserves to be assaulted but if that was me and I saw that all of that had been made so public, it would probably tip me over the edge. 😩 She has had so much horrible press about her compared to other politicians too
she has had a very ‘fair and deserved’ amount of bad press based on her ridiculous comments and behaviour over the years. 😊
However, I still feel bad for her sons situation, it’s not his fault that his Mums a hot mess.

Reactions: 18

Yel

I think we all feel sorry for her son if he's going through mh issues.

It's a difficult situation as she's had quite alot of time in power and MH services were just as bad then. But from what she's said in the past I don't think she would want her family members to use the same public services that us plebs use.

She gets lots of bad press, but at the same time she's made gaff after gaff. Members of the shadow cabinet should face scrutiny if they're incompetent.

Reactions: 18
Seems he has mental health issues which are not necessarily brought on by skunk. I can't say I am a big fan of hers and she seems a rather incompetent politician, but this situation must be terrible for her.

Reactions: 4
Seems he has mental health issues which are not necessarily brought on by skunk. I can't say I am a big fan of hers and she seems a rather incompetent politician, but this situation must be terrible for her.

Evidence suggests that psychosis risk is increased by experiences of trauma and adversity and especially in BAME groups so I wouldn't necessarily assume skunk although it could be a factor.

Reactions: 8
She was in power for all of the Blair years (with hackney she'll never lose power) but still the state schools weren't good enough for her son. Claimed he would end up in a gang if he went to a state school in the borough she's held power in since the 80s, so had to privately educate him.

Shadow Home Secretary Diane Abbott's privately-educated son, 28, is charged with 11 offences including exposing himself and attacks on police and NHS staff

· Assaulted a person causing them actual bodily harm - August 7, 2019 - Royal Free Hospital

· Assault by beating - August 8, 2019 - Mile End Hospital - assaulted a Doctor

· Assault by beating of emergency services worker - July 26, 2019 – Homerton Hospital - assaulted a police officer

· Assault by beating of emergency services worker - July 26, 2019 – on Middleton Road - assaulted a police officer

· Assaulted a person causing them actual bodily harm - July 26, 2019 – within the London borough of Hackney

· Exposure - October 27, 2019 - at Homerton Hospital

· Assault by beating of emergency services worker - November 7, 2019 – at Homerton Hospital - assaulted a nurse

· Racially/religiously aggravated criminal damage – November 7, 2019, at Homerton Hospital - destroyed prescription spectacles

· Assault by beating of emergency services worker – November 8, 2019 - Homerton Hospital - assaulted a police officer

· Assault by beating – August 7, 2019 – Royal Free Hospital -

· Assault by beating of an emergency services worker – December 23, 2019 – Bevan Ward, Homerton Hospital – assaulted a social therapist

I wonder if it's mental health issues?

I can't stand Dianne and her voice that is both patronising and condescending at the same time. Some of the things she's said would be career ending for other politicians.
“Some of the things she's said would be career ending for other politicians

Are you insinuating she‘s only in her job still because she’s black and/or a woman?

• Wow
Reactions: 2

Are you insinuating she‘s only in her job still because she’s black and/or a woman?
The only person who uses the race card is Abbott herself ! She's the master of it !

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yikes! I try not to read the news so I had no idea. MH issues aside that’s a lot of assaults over a long period of time that should not have happened and I wonder if nepotism that was evident in his employment history also ensured he was allowed to rampage in this way rather than being taken into a place of safety, ie. police station, with view to being better medicated and transferred to a secure unit. There is a zero tolerance policy for assault on staff in the NHS, people go psychotic all the time and staff aren’t regularly assaulted at all, let alone in such incredible numbers. My heart goes out to those professionals, who are looking after countless sick people over the course of their careers, a lot more than to her entitled son. Although he was clearly failed by those around him who had enough influence to prevent him from escalating so badly.
In cases of drug-induced psychosis there’s usually an underlying MH condition that gets “triggered”, also, some people with MH issues tend to self-medicate with drugs and alcohol, so it can be difficult to pinpoint the cause, especially since illnesses like schizophrenia tend to emerge slowly over time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

Certainly makes you wonder though, doesn't it. She is a train wreck, as said any other job and she would be in the dole queue.

It's not just her tbh there is one rule for them and another for us!

Reactions: 12
Certainly makes you wonder though, doesn't it. She is a train wreck, as said any other job and she would be in the dole queue.

It's not just her tbh there is one rule for them and another for us!

I’m going to assume you are referring to politicians, not ethnic minorities?

• Angry
That could probably be said for a lot of politicians to be honest. Amber Rudd wasn’t great. She stood down from the Cabinet after the Windrush scandal but carried on as an MP. Even just recently Jacob Rees Mogg has been a train wreck and had to be put in isolation during the election campaign and the Court ruled that Boris Johnson misled the Queen... doesn’t seemed to have affected their job prospects though.