Designer bag recommendations

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone. This is an entirely vapid post but I received some money for a big birthday recently and would like to treat myself to a designer bag. I have NO CLUE where to start as I’ve never really been into designer things and I have no idea what’s ‘in’ and what’s not!! I would like a cross body bag as something to smart to wear out for nice dinners, lunches or nights out. Nothing too big but needs to be able to fit my phone in! Does anyone have any recommendations?

edit to add- budget is up to £2.5kish

Hi everyone. This is an entirely vapid post but I received some money for a big birthday recently and would like to treat myself to a designer bag. I have NO CLUE where to start as I’ve never really been into designer things and I have no idea what’s ‘in’ and what’s not!! I would like a cross body bag as something to smart to wear out for nice dinners, lunches or nights out. Nothing too big but needs to be able to fit my phone in! Does anyone have any recommendations?

edit to add- budget is up to £2.5kish
I have been eying off the Louis Vuitton Croisette bag! I usually watch a bunch of YouTube videos after narrowing my shortlist and seeing how people style them… Chase Amie on YouTube has many great bag reviews and has a hefty collection to be able to filter a few options.

Reactions: 1
Chanel WOC’s are under that. And are a stunning crossbody for daytime/evening or nights out

Maybe post in the “designer items - best and worst purchases” thread, we all discuss bags there and give recommendations too :)

But I would probably say a Chanel woc as someone else mentioned, would be a fab choice. They fit a phone in, but not much else, probably a lipstick, cards and a small hand cream.

Reactions: 3
Unless OP is looking to purchase pre-loved, £2.5k is not going to get you anything in Chanel. They've significantly increased their prices in July. OP is certainly not going to find anything under £6-7K in Chanel.

Balenciaga has some nice bags, but they don't sell that well if OP needs to sell for whatever reason.

What's your style OP?

Unless OP is looking to purchase pre-loved, £2.5k is not going to get you anything in Chanel. They've significantly increased their prices in July. OP is certainly not going to find anything under £6-7K in Chanel.

Balenciaga has some nice bags, but they don't sell that well if OP needs to sell for whatever reason.

What's your style OP?
This is not true. The Chanel woc is around 2k, which is a nice starter Chanel bag and is perfect for lunches and nights out, and OP.

I just purchased a Chanel mini flap bag at around £3300. And the small and medium classic flaps are about 5k/5.5k. (Their most popular styles).

So yes. OP would certainly find bags under 6-7k in Chanel

Reactions: 3
This is not true. The Chanel woc is around 2k, which is a nice starter Chanel bag and is perfect for lunches and nights out, and OP.

I just purchased a Chanel mini flap bag at around £3300. And the small and medium classic flaps are about 5k/5.5k. (Their most popular styles).

Looks like I’m gonna treat me to a woc from my Christmas bonus this year ❤

Reactions: 2
My aunt had a Chanel flap back in the late 90s. She passed away suddenly and the bag 'mysteriously disappeared' afterwards.

To this day, I 100% believe that my cousin (also her niece, my aunt didn't have any children herself) took it from her house, because as my aunt lay dead in the hospital she took her bracelet off her wrist and attempted to take what was our grandmother's wedding ring off her finger, until one of our uncles stopped her.

I still wonder where that bag is now.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7

WOC is not a bag really, is it? It's basically a wallet disguised as a bag. OP asked for a bag.

WOC is not a bag really, is it? It's basically a wallet disguised as a bag. OP asked for a bag.
Most people who buy the WOC, intend to use it as a small bag. There are very few who actually use it as a wallet. OP could do this if she wanted

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yay!! Sounds great! Will it be your first Chanel piece? :)
I have sandals from a few summers ago but it’ll be my first leather goods item. I’m actually hoping to go to Paris in December/January so I may buy it whilst I’m there

I have sandals from a few summers ago but it’ll be my first leather goods item. I’m actually hoping to go to Paris in December/January so I may buy it whilst I’m there
That sounds great! 😍 Paris is the place to buy Chanel, from the Rue cambon store ☺

• Heart

What's your style OP?
Thanks all! I went forYSL medium sunset croc in the end… I absolutely it!

• Heart
Reactions: 2