Desert Island Discs - BBC R4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anne Tyler was good this morning, she came across as a really nice person.
Chairman of the British Paralympic Assoc is on next week.

Reactions: 1
Desert Island Discs is 80 yrs old o_O
News reporter and journalist Lyse Doucet is tomorrow's castaway, she must have had an interesting life reporting from war zones etc.
She was good and picked some really interesting music.

Good episode this morning with Alan Cummings.
Broke down talking about his father's abuse.
He's done so well for himself considering his childhood.

Listening to Alan Cumming on today's. Omg so moving and emotional. His father was a terrible man, at one point AC breaks down. But overall very uplifting and positive.
Well worth a listen.

@Bobby Chariot snap!

Haha choosing marijuana as his luxury šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Winnie Byanyima was guest today, a Ugandan politician and director of UN-AIDS, well worth a listen.
There's no episode next Sunday.

The show returns next Sunday with Fiona Hill, foreign affairs expert.
Ah good. I haven't listened to any of The Reunion - for no good reason other than I haven't got round to it. No so keen on Kirsty Wark presenting it and no idea why they dropped the theme music.

Ah good. I haven't listened to any of The Reunion - for no good reason other than I haven't got round to it. No so keen on Kirsty Wark presenting it and no idea why they dropped the theme music.
Good programme this morning, she's had some great adventures in the Intelligence Service type world.
Music was ok too.

Bono from U2 is this morning's castaway at 11.15am.
He was far better than I thought he would be.

I'm in two minds whether to listen this Sunday. Just hearing her voice (and not her sing one) during the numerous trails has already raised my hackles... Adele...

Reactions: 4
A bit wierd to have Adele and Bono episodes back to back.
Two huge music stars. They usually don't have similarish people/professions so close together.
I think Adele used to be down to earth but she seems false as f*ck now.

Reactions: 7
Thought it was a bit boring the show today, the music choices were a bit bland except for the B-52's.
Next week it's Andrew Ramroop, a Savile Row tailor.
Oh.. suit you sir...

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Thought it was a bit boring the show today, the music choices were a bit bland except for the B-52's.
Next week it's Andrew Ramroop, a Savile Row tailor.
Oh.. suit you sir...
Thanks taking one for the team (y) I couldn't be bothered to listen in the end and it seems like I didn't miss anything after all.

No idea who Andrew Ramroop is, but this is a good thing. Often the unknown 'Discers' are the most interesting ones. We learn something new, regardless of their music choices.

Reactions: 3
Thanks taking one for the team (y) I couldn't be bothered to listen in the end and it seems like I didn't miss anything after all.

No idea who Andrew Ramroop is, but this is a good thing. Often the unknown 'Discers' are the most interesting ones. We learn something new, regardless of their music choices.
That's true.
He may have a few interesting tales about famous people he has measured.

• Haha