Desert Island Discs - BBC R4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Any more recommendations guys?
Nazir Afzals is good Blair, he was the prosecutor for the Rochdale grooming gang. Helen Mcrorys is fab too, she seemed like such a lovely woman. Matt Smiths has some boss songs.

Love these recommendations, stuck in with covid so will try a few to pass the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Yes I’ve listened to Helen mccrory and Louis Theroux. Nazir Afzal can be today’s morning run listen and I’ll do Matt smiths tomorrow

thanks so much whoever set up this thread ❤

just checked it was @Octopies thanks xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Simon Reeve was a decent listen yesterday, he was on a real downward spiral in life and managed to turn himself around.
I enjoy his travelogue programmes on tv, he had quite an eclectic selection of music.
Next Sunday's castaway is writer, Deborah Levy.

Reactions: 7
Simon Reeve was a decent listen yesterday, he was on a real downward spiral in life and managed to turn himself around.
I enjoy his travelogue programmes on tv, he had quite an eclectic selection of music.
Next Sunday's castaway is writer, Deborah Levy.
You can definitely say that again! I sometimes wonder if some music choices are just made up. Anyway, I often prefer the conversation rather than the music.

You can definitely say that again! I sometimes wonder if some music choices are just made up. Anyway, I often prefer the conversation rather than the music.
Yes, some unusual music, not my cup of tea but the choices obviously mean something to that guest, a certain song can definitely take you back in time.
Sit Down by James and I'm back in Corfu at Caesars Disco 1990 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I didn't really enjoy yesterday's show (Deborah Levy)
Next week is John Caudwell, businessman and philanthropist.
Must admit some recent guests have been underwhelming.

Desert Island Discs is 80 yrs old o_O
News reporter and journalist Lyse Doucet is tomorrow's castaway, she must have had an interesting life reporting from war zones etc.

Reactions: 6
Just listening to today's - David Speigelhalter, statistician. I thought it would extremely dry but it is good. Very sad though at points.

For some reason next week's DID with Paul Costelloe, the fashion designer is on Sat evening at 7.15pm.
Maybe it's a repeat?
Nobody showing in the schedules for next Sunday morning yet.

For some reason next week's DID with Paul Costelloe, the fashion designer is on Sat evening at 7.15pm.
Maybe it's a repeat?
Nobody showing in the schedules for next Sunday morning yet.
At the end of today's they said next week's was actress Leslie Caron. I honestly thought I had misheard as I thought she was no longer with us - but I checked and she is 91.
Might be good.

Reactions: 4
I thought Tracey Ullman's was really disappointing. She didn't come across as interesting at all and was slightly cold.

Reactions: 1
Next week is Anne Tyler. I'm a big fan of her books and she is a good interviewee - so hoping it will be an interesting one.

Agree Leslie Caron was good, and Tracey Ullman a cold fish.

I thought Tracey Ullman's was really disappointing. She didn't come across as interesting at all and was slightly cold.
She never showed much humour at all on the episode, it was quite disappointing, but the loss of her husband a few years back seemed to have a big effect on her.
Maybe that was a factor.

Next week is Anne Tyler. I'm a big fan of her books and she is a good interviewee - so hoping it will be an interesting one.

Agree Leslie Caron was good, and Tracey Ullman a cold fish.
Anne Tyler was good on Fortunately.

Reactions: 1