Derek Acorah has died

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry but don't agree with the jokes. Whether you believed what he did or not he didn't deserve the abuse he got from the trolls, i met him many years ago he was delightful and had time for his fans. He will be missed.

Reactions: 19
Sorry but don't agree with the jokes. Whether you believed what he did or not he didn't deserve the abuse he got from the trolls, i met him many years ago he was delightful and had time for his fans. He will be missed.
wasn't he outed as being a fake?

Reactions: 10
I am so sad to hear of his passing, do I believe he was genuinely psychic no not really, still didn’t stop me from sitting terrified watching Most Haunted with mum as a kid 😂
i often read bad psychics and the author of that site admittedly took the piss out of Derek on a few occasions and outed him as a fake basically disproving his life‘s work I suppose, but he wrote an article this morning giving his condolences and speaking of how Derek and his wife had not a bad word to say, which I thought was quite sweet.

Reactions: 5
I always felt his treatment by Karl Beattie and the horrific Yvette at Most Haunted was unfair and became the butt of jokes. He was set up to look like he was fake because Yvette hated him being more popular than her. - something I just read on the Digital Spy forum.

Reactions: 6
There's been so many Colin Fry and Sally Morgan to name a few. I saw Derek in a show he was doing and he was very accurate. One of the persons he connected too i bumped into and i asked her if she was genuine or if she was planted there, she assures me she was merely a fan and was shocked that Derek had made a connection to her deceased Son via her.

Reactions: 2
I always felt his treatment by Karl Beattie and the horrific Yvette at Most Haunted was unfair and became the butt of jokes. He was set up to look like he was fake because Yvette hated him being more popular than her. - something I just read on the Digital Spy forum.

In 2009, the TV star fronted Michael Jackson: The Live Seance, which saw him attempt to contact the singer's spirit.

But the show was widely panned by viewers and critics.

Acorah was forced to apologise to the McCann family after he was quoted as saying that that their lost daughter Madeleine was dead.

Kinda problematic though.....

There's been so many Colin Fry and Sally Morgan to name a few. I saw Derek in a show he was doing and he was very accurate. One of the persons he connected too i bumped into and i asked her if she was genuine or if she was planted there, she assures me she was merely a fan and was shocked that Derek had made a connection to her deceased Son via her.
hmmm, I’m on the fence with all of this lot, Sally Morgan is a fake for sure. I don’t agree with anyone being trolled but I find it a bit odd that they’re saying he was being trolled “on his death bed” when in reality he was being “trolled” for months, nobody knew he was unwell. The headline is a stretch.

Reactions: 1
I was at the time a huge MH fan and I remember reading about this:
Derek went on to talk about Kreed Kafer with the parapsychologist and then Karl allegedly contacted the press to reveal that Derek was lying..... Kreed Kafer = Derek Faker and Rik Eedle = Derek Lies.

There were rumours at the time were that Yvette didn't like how popular he had become and was the face of Most
Haunted more so than her or her husband.

Last edited:
I was at the time a huge MH fan and I remember reading about this:
Derek went on to talk about Kreed Kafer with the parapsychologist and then Karl allegedly contacted the press to reveal that Derek was lying..... Kreed Kafer = Derek Faker and Rik Eedle = Derek Lies.

There were tumours at the time were that Yvette didn't like how popular he had become and was the face of Most
Haunted more so than her or her husband.
Just had a look at Yvette's Twitter page and all she wrote was condolences to Derek's family and Karl has written the same thing 🤔. They could've at least done a better tribute....which leads me to believe they did have a major fallout.

I remember the Kreed Kafer thingie and the Rik Eedle — the para psychologist just before a show told Derek there were spirits by these names at the venue, although they were fake (obviously) Derek then used them in the show and this led the para psychologist to out derek as a fake

Reactions: 2
Omg I loved him :((((((((

I went to one of his shows, he seamed to pick up on a few genuine cases, I went open minded and was quite impressed. I guess no one will ever know 🤷‍♀️

RIP Derek, no idea whether he was fake or not but he came over as a nice person on Celebrity BB a couple of years ago

No need to apologise, everyone’s allowed an opinion. Some of the jokes are funny; he would have laughed :)