Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

Think Squirrel Sisters brownie bars, Nakd bars, etc etc. Idk but for me personally, I'd reach for Livia's Nugglets or Dunx (I think these are genuinely innovative products)
I like DE's cashew and ginger balls and her frozen chocolate chip cookies
I really don't rate the nugglets, too dry and pretty boring. Ella's frozen cookies are way too high in coconut oil (and it's the cheap stuff rather than the virgin raw - so doubt she would eat it(double bracked to apologise that I'm probably repeating myself 😆)) and probably less healthy than cookies made with butter.

Livia's chocolate squares are now one bigger one rather than two individual, which is a shame as they worked better as smaller. Guess it saves on packaging without a tray and production costs. Only ever bought as a treat when they were £1.

Reactions: 7
I really don't rate the nugglets, too dry and pretty boring. Ella's frozen cookies are way too high in coconut oil (and it's the cheap stuff rather than the virgin raw - so doubt she would eat it(double bracked to apologise that I'm probably repeating myself 😆)) and probably less healthy than cookies made with butter.

Livia's chocolate squares are now one bigger one rather than two individual, which is a shame as they worked better as smaller. Guess it saves on packaging without a tray and production costs. Only ever bought as a treat when they were £1.
A good homemade dupe for the cookies is the LovingItVegan choc chip cookie recipe, in case anyone's interested! Love having frozen cookie dough on hand for 'emergencies'... I find the millionaire squares sickeningly sweet too. Nugglets are good if you bung them in the microwave for 10-20 seconds but that might just be me haha! I only ever get these things when they're on sale in Holland & Barrett/Tesco, or as part of a Boots meal deal (might as well max out that £3.50) 😂

Reactions: 1
I tried the cookies recipe from her app and there is too much coconut oil. I'd rather do normal cookies, they are healthier...

Reactions: 3
I tried the cookies recipe from her app and there is too much coconut oil. I'd rather do normal cookies, they are healthier...
I think it's hilarious that ella acts like she's soooo healthy yet her recipes are laden with coconut oil, peanut butters, dates. All of which are fine within balancdx quantities but if you eat them in the portions she does then it isn't great. I don't like how you can always taste the coconut oil

Reactions: 10
I think it's hilarious that ella acts like she's soooo healthy yet her recipes are laden with coconut oil, peanut butters, dates. All of which are fine within balancdx quantities but if you eat them in the portions she does then it isn't great. I don't like how you can always taste the coconut oil
OMG same, I HATE that coconut flavour everywhere.

Reactions: 9
I can’t stop sneaking looks around her house - the tiny bit we get on Instagram and I’m continually shocked...we’re talking multiple multiple millions for that sort of place next to Regent’s Park...it’s so easy to forget cause she plays the girl next door, but I do wish these inherited fortune instagrammers would talk about their wealth!! I don’t know what they’d say but an acknowledgement of how lucky they were to be able to risk a new business with no financial impact on them... anyway! Rant over x

Reactions: 14
I can’t stop sneaking looks around her house - the tiny bit we get on Instagram and I’m continually shocked...we’re talking multiple multiple millions for that sort of place next to Regent’s Park...it’s so easy to forget cause she plays the girl next door, but I do wish these inherited fortune instagrammers would talk about their wealth!! I don’t know what they’d say but an acknowledgement of how lucky they were to be able to risk a new business with no financial impact on them... anyway! Rant over x
They live next to Regents Park? No surprise, she is the heiress of Sainsburys

Reactions: 4
I have to admit, it does look like a beautiful place, and her babies are very cute

Reactions: 1
I've also been very curious about the house because she's been showing more snippets of it on her stories. It looks like a beautiful space, though the decor/aesthetic is definitely a choice. Don't think I've seen anything quite like it, with the colour scheme etc. Can't decide whether I like it, but I do appreciate that it looks like a much more personal, lived in space than all these cookie cutter Scandi pinterest show houses most influencers have.

Reactions: 7
I've been curious about their place too. I assumed it was near Kensington Park Gardens, but definitely West London. The decor is not my taste and naturally taste is subjective, however their style looks quite old fashioned for their age, and not in a fun and quirky way, but like it was designed by someone a lot older than them.

Reactions: 6
The room sizes are beautiful - the style to me is very British aristocracy trying to hold onto a sliver of youth...big bucks furnishings!

Reactions: 9
I really wish they would acknowledge their financial privilege. The only time they’ve really mentioned money is when they had to close the delis at Seymour Place and Herne Hill. Their financial issues aren’t really like us plebs’.

Reactions: 5
Their bed is absolutely hideous. Most of their decor is.
Yes, it is hideous. Money cannot buy taste! It's weird as their old place seemed lovely and I've always liked the styling of their delis, books, shoots etc.

Reactions: 6
I never visited any of her delis. They were mentioned a lot in the Courtney Adamo and her crowd’s posts. I’d rather go to an independent place.

Reactions: 2
I do really enjoy getting views of their home. I think she mentioned having that they had to move after they found out they were pregnant again because their old place wouldn't fit them all, but I loved the bathroom in her old place. I wonder if they did renovations on this new place or if it was like that. I wish she would give us some more views, but I get that they try to keep some things private, especially with kids.

The wealth really doesn’t fit in with the brand. I haven’t followed her for some time now but I was a big fan in the beginning. From her story I thought she was just a normal girl who had grown a very humble blog. When I found out how privileged she was, the story just didn’t seem authentic.
I think she doesn’t draw attention to it because of this.
Plus she comes across like she has absolutely no idea how the average person lives. She probably has no idea how privileged she is compared to others, so feels it’s not relevant.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.