Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else find her nauseating and irritating? I used to really like her up until the past few years. She acts holier than thou because she is vegan. She seems like the type of person who will be an anti-vaxxer. If it wasn't for the fact that her father was a Tory politician (Tim Sainsbury) and her grandfather the owner of Sainsbury's (Lord Sainsbury) she probably wouldn't have got so far. It definitely helps when you have connections. I mean, for god's sake, this is on her father's wikipedia page:

"in the Sunday Times Rich List 2008 his family fortune was estimated at £1.3 billion." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Sainsbury

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I used to peek at her IG every now and then, baked oatmeal recipe is good, but she had impeccable timing for jumping away from the 'clean eating' label when she used to do it herself.

Reactions: 8
I used to peek at her IG every now and then, baked oatmeal recipe is good, but she had impeccable timing for jumping away from the 'clean eating' label when she used to do it herself.
Yep! She seems like a hypocrite.

Reactions: 5
She distances herself from “clean” eating now it’s been proven to duck with women’s mental health, but was one of the main ringleaders. I feel sorry for her unborn kid who will no doubt be an instamama prop. Nauseating. The angry chef blog was a BRILLIANT eye opener into all the pseudoscience and BULLSHIT ella and her ilk post. https://angry-chef.com/

Reactions: 8
She distances herself from “clean” eating now it’s been proven to duck with women’s mental health, but was one of the main ringleaders. I feel sorry for her unborn kid who will no doubt be an instamama prop. Nauseating. The angry chef blog was a BRILLIANT eye opener into all the pseudoscience and BULLSHIT ella and her ilk post. https://angry-chef.com/
I need to read up on the angry chef. Is DE going to raise her baby vegan, I wonder. People I know still seem to love her but I can't stand her anymore. I remember she posted about something health-related, I can't remember what... people questioned her on it and she came across as a pompous twit in her replies.

Reactions: 3
Her Mum Camilla is the Sainsbury family member. Her Dad is Shaun Woodward, he crossed the floor in the Commons and joined Labour back in the day mid 2000’s..

Last edited:
Reactions: 7

Yel

She's full of tit.

Pretending she accidentally found fame through a blog when it was carefully (and expensively) orchestrated.

The disease she claims to have cured herself from by eating dates and cashews is totally unprovable according to a lecturer I know that works in the area.

She helped popularise lots of recipes that existed a long time before her and take the credit for them. Money attracts money and it's all about who you know.

I (against my will) went to one of her delis ages ago that's behind Selfridge's and the food was basic but very overpriced. Didn't have a cake as they were all uncovered and fly's were buzzing on top of them - the rude staff didn't care though.

She's married to Tessa Jowells investment banker son. I don't even think she cares much about the food, it's just a niche to use and make money.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Why do all the successful insta bloggers seem to come from glamorous or well connected backgrounds. 🤔
Their “brand” (or Instagram grid) just means they can sell ready meals or snack at triple the price of their counterparts.

Reactions: 22
She's full of tit.

Pretending she accidentally found fame through a blog when it was carefully (and expensively) orchestrated.

The disease she claims to have cured herself from by eating dates and cashews is totally unprovable according to a lecturer I know that works in the area.

She helped popularise lots of recipes that existed a long time before her and take the credit for them. Money attracts money and it's all about who you know.

I (against my will) went to one of her delis ages ago that's behind Selfridge's and the food was basic but very overpriced. Didn't have a cake as they were all uncovered and fly's were buzzing on top of them - the rude staff didn't care though.

She's married to Tessa Jowells investment banker son. I don't even think she cares much about the food, it's just a niche to use and make money.
Yes, I remember rolling my eyes so hard when she mentioned she cured her illness through her vegan diet. I hate people that peddle that bullshit

Why do all the successful insta bloggers seem to come from glamorous or well connected backgrounds. 🤔
Their “brand” (or Instagram grid) just means they can sell ready meals or snack at triple the price of their counterparts.
The same way Kendall Jenner is a model. No real talent but has a famous name or family.

Reactions: 16

Yel

The big problem I've got against people like her is they don't own the nepotism and instead fake this narrative to make them seem approachable and sell the lie that anyone can make it. It's always been the same - the 0.1% of the population in certain families hold most of the power. Don't try to pretend you're in your situation through work. I think the plz like (bbc3 show) kale character with powerful family connections was loosely based on her.

I don't know why anyone buys her overpriced products, they're twice the price of the naked bars and three times the price of the Lidl brand for the same fruit and nut ingredients. She said she bought out energy balls first as they were so popular, nothing to do with them being easy to package and sell?

She released a book (her second maybe?) that was just juices and smoothies. Her line then was also because they're so popular everyone wanted a juice book, when obviously it was a cash grab and a piss easy book to make. Who needs a whole book saying to blend/juice fruit and vegetables?

I followed her for a bit, but unfollowed when she was on holiday somewhere far flung and exotic and she messed up her selfie timer so got a bikini shot of her and her friends toned bodies from behind. She captioned this with something along the lines of "sometimes in life things just go wrong!" Obviously shared it because she looked great, but seriously if accidentally taking a digital photo a bit early is something going wrong in life you have nothing to complain about.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She's full of tit.

It may be unprovable but I also have POTS and you will find many people use diet to manage their symptoms with very positive results.

I’m not saying by any means that it cures it though!

Reactions: 6
It may be unprovable but I also have POTS and you will find many people use diet to manage their symptoms with very positive results.

Oh, totally. But she isn't a medical expert so I don't think she should talk about stuff like this.

Reactions: 5

Yel

Oh definitely diet can help, it can with so many illnesses but for hers the proven things are apparently drinking more water, smaller meals, less carbs, no caffeine / alcohol etc and not really a just a plant based diet.

I think she was overselling it as a cure (it made a nice marketable story) and she definitely had lots of pseudoscience and unqualified advice that she's since removed from her site.

Reactions: 10
I’d say the baby food/ weaning books are already in the pipeline .... all vegan of course and and of course she will try and flog it as first if it’s kind 💤

Reactions: 9
The big problem I've got against people like her is they don't own the nepotism and instead fake this narrative to make them seem approachable and sell the lie that anyone can make it. It's always been the same - the 0.1% of the population in certain families hold most of the power. Don't try to pretend you're in your situation through work. I think the plz like (bbc3 show) kale character with powerful family connections was loosely based on her.
Yeah this is my issue too (although had no idea about Ella's connections until now as I've never followed her that closely). Gracefit is the same. Obviously no ones saying they don't work hard or didn't put in any effort to succeed, but no way would they have managed without the money and connections behind them and I hate that they don't recognise that privilege.

Reactions: 12

Yel

Just a quick look at a random post from when she started her blog

the first one I clicked on https://web.archive.org/web/20120621184543/http://deliciouslyella.com/

She's got some nerve claiming she didn't mention eating clean or fake science. Her homemade almond milk does not have as much calcium as dairy milk and doesn't contain vitamin D. Shop bought stuff thats had added vitamins will though.

"So light, clean and fresh."

"The blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries combine so perfectly to create the most wonderful balance of juicy flavours. Juicing also gives you the most intense intake of raw vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants, all of which help to cleanse and restore the body. Try starting your day with one, it’ll make you glow inside and out."

"Raw homemade juices are also infinitely better than any store brought ones since the nutrient levels fall dramatically about twenty minutes after they’re made and the biophotons, the light rays of energy plants get from the sun, are also lost in all commercial juice "

"I love almond milk. It’s so beautifully smooth and creamy, with a wonderfully rich flavour. It tastes perfect on its own, with granola or smoothies for breakfast, and as a milk substitute in every recipe. It’s also unbelievably good for you. It contains just as much calcium as normal milk, but unlike cows milk, which we are really not designed to digest, it really nurtures your body. Did you know that seven out of ten people don’t have the enzyme to digest dairy properly? An intolerance like this can explain a whole number of issues, not only digestive but acne, eczema, headaches and lethargy amongst others. Almond milk on the other hand, is higher in vitamins, especially vitamin A, D and the beautifying vitamin E which does wonders for your hair, skin and nails. Even better, it has no saturated fat or simple sugars, it’s been shown to lower cholesterol and has many few calories than both skimmed milk and soy milk. "

"My other guideline is to always eat pure, clean, unprocessed, unrefined and plant-based foods. This is really important as this is what enables you to live by my first philosophy – if you only eat food that your body needs and loves then your digestive system works a million times faster and more efficiently, allowing you to easily process and breakdown everything that you put into your body."

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Just a quick look at a random post from when she started her blog

the first one I clicked on https://web.archive.org/web/20120621184543/http://deliciouslyella.com/

She's got some nerve claiming she didn't mention eating clean or fake science. Her homemade almond milk does not have as much calcium as dairy milk and doesn't contain vitamin D. Shop bought stuff thats had added vitamins will though.

"So light, clean and fresh."

"The blackberries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries combine so perfectly to create the most wonderful balance of juicy flavours. Juicing also gives you the most intense intake of raw vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants, all of which help to cleanse and restore the body. Try starting your day with one, it’ll make you glow inside and out."

"Raw homemade juices are also infinitely better than any store brought ones since the nutrient levels fall dramatically about twenty minutes after they’re made and the biophotons, the light rays of energy plants get from the sun, are also lost in all commercial juice "

"I love almond milk. It’s so beautifully smooth and creamy, with a wonderfully rich flavour. It tastes perfect on its own, with granola or smoothies for breakfast, and as a milk substitute in every recipe. It’s also unbelievably good for you. It contains just as much calcium as normal milk, but unlike cows milk, which we are really not designed to digest, it really nurtures your body. Did you know that seven out of ten people don’t have the enzyme to digest dairy properly? An intolerance like this can explain a whole number of issues, not only digestive but acne, eczema, headaches and lethargy amongst others. Almond milk on the other hand, is higher in vitamins, especially vitamin A, D and the beautifying vitamin E which does wonders for your hair, skin and nails. Even better, it has no saturated fat or simple sugars, it’s been shown to lower cholesterol and has many few calories than both skimmed milk and soy milk. "

"My other guideline is to always eat pure, clean, unprocessed, unrefined and plant-based foods. This is really important as this is what enables you to live by my first philosophy – if you only eat food that your body needs and loves then your digestive system works a million times faster and more efficiently, allowing you to easily process and breakdown everything that you put into your body."
She talks so much shite.

"always eat pure, clean, unprocessed" sounds like the mind of someone with an eating disorder or at least a very unhealthy relationship with food.

I also wish she’d just admit the nepotism. Her recipes show no real originality or talent.

Pregnant Ella is the most irritating yet. Maybe it’s unfair of me, as a woman who has given birth several times, to be annoyed but her airy fairy ‘I have total faith in my body and breathing and yoga and general virtue’ reaaally makes me roll my eyes. I anticipate Mother Ella is going to be even worse.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.