Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok I don’t know who the person was that mentioned the overuse of heaven but now I’m noticing it it’s everywhere!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I am starting to wonder if she reads here and taking the piss, the over use of 'heaven' has certainly spiked!

I am still undecided as to who is more unsufferable between her and Livia yet somehow can't bring myself to stop snooping and checking what they are up, to at least once in a while
There was a post with a huge “HEAVEN” written across it the other day

• Haha
  • Sick
Now she's going on about how feeding May on demand has meant it's easier and she has more milk. Well, duh. That's why that's exactly what it's advised to do, Deliciously Ella! The advice is to feed on demand. Perhaps that's why you had a problem feeding Skye and you had to stop, because you tried to fit her to your schedule rather than focusing on your baby.

Reactions: 11
Is it just me finding odd how much time she seems to spend in bed? She seems to be literally doing everything on there - watching tv, eating, studying, working etc doesn't it impact on her sleep?

Reactions: 9
Is it just me finding odd how much time she seems to spend in bed? She seems to be literally doing everything on there - watching tv, eating, studying, working etc doesn't it impact on her sleep?
I find it weird.

I used to do that when I was depressed. Now I don't. I get up, workout, shower, and do whatever. Routine is key for me.

Ellas posting about a facemask and how self care is getting her through the postpartum period. She's not postpartum. The postpartum period ends 6 weeks after the baby is born. May was born the beginning of October so she is nearly 4 months old. May seem petty but as an ex midwife, terminology is really important when you have 2 million followers.

1609767263864.png

Reactions: 10
I am starting to wonder if she reads here and taking the piss, the over use of 'heaven' has certainly spiked!

I am still undecided as to who is more unsufferable between her and Livia yet somehow can't bring myself to stop snooping and checking what they are up, to at least once in a while
sorry if this is old news (new here) but have her and Livia from Livias kitchen fallen out? I thought theyused to be best friends (Livia at her wedding and doing her wedding cake etc) but never seem to spend time together or hang out anymore?

Reactions: 7
sorry if this is old news (new here) but have her and Livia from Livias kitchen fallen out? I thought theyused to be best friends (Livia at her wedding and doing her wedding cake etc) but never seem to spend time together or hang out anymore?
They def have. I think I read somewhere livia felt ella had stolen some of her ideas or something like that. At least that is what goes round about why!

Reactions: 4
0BB27564-4FF5-4D51-9F4F-81163166A925.jpeg

The above is from Livia’s Q&A stories, that’s all I’ve seen about it. I get the impression that Ella preaches all the kindness etc but where business is concerned she was happy to step on a friends toes. Not a fan of either of them, but this is just what it seems to me.
I do enjoy the snacks though, definitely Livias more than Ella’s.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
What snacks are similar? Livia has the Dunx, the nugglets, and the Millionaires Squares. Ella has cereal, cereal bars, energy balls, almond butter cups. The only similarity I see is with the use of dried fruit and nuts, but the same could be said for so many brands?

Reactions: 2
What snacks are similar? Livia has the Dunx, the nugglets, and the Millionaires Squares. Ella has cereal, cereal bars, energy balls, almond butter cups. The only similarity I see is with the use of dried fruit and nuts, but the same could be said for so many brands?
I think Ella stole one of the ideas Livia had - it might have been the nut butter balls as it was around that time that they fell out

Reactions: 3
I think Ella stole one of the ideas Livia had - it might have been the nut butter balls as it was around that time that they fell out
Yes I think the nut butter balls might have been a rip off of Livia's recipe as I'm sure she had a blog post recipe for that sort of thing. Perhaps it was something she planned to put into production but Ella got there first? Livia seems really hurt about it and that message is very pointed! I can't imagine she would have written something so pointed if Ella hadn't done something pretty awful.

Reactions: 2

Yel

The thing is neither of them were the first to invent this stuff, it's just nuts and dried fruit.

So one rich privileged girl managed to mass produce and get something in supermarkets nationwide before another, boo bleeping hoo.

Both of them are about making money and there's limited space in the market for both with such similar products. Lavia seems annoyed that her empire is worth around £2 million while Ella's is estimated to be worth over £8 million. Get a grip. Both seem very competitive.

It's all a bit "there's people dying". But that's the thing about money, the more you have the more you want.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yes I think the nut butter balls might have been a rip off of Livia's recipe as I'm sure she had a blog post recipe for that sort of thing. Perhaps it was something she planned to put into production but Ella got there first? Livia seems really hurt about it and that message is very pointed! I can't imagine she would have written something so pointed if Ella hadn't done something pretty awful.
Might also partly be in reference to Ella's new frozen crumble range? Again, it's not groundbreaking stuff in a very saturated vegan snack food market, but as far as I know, crumble was always Livia's 'thing' and how her brand got started. I guess Ella's energy balls have similar ingredients to Livia's millionaire squares but like Yel said, most vegan snacks have a similar date/oat/dried fruit flavour profile in different forms... Think Squirrel Sisters brownie bars, Nakd bars, etc etc. Idk but for me personally, I'd reach for Livia's Nugglets or Dunx (I think these are genuinely innovative products) when I want a nice snack because they're pretty darn good. I always thought Livia's pitch was for the 'healthy indulgence' side of the market, while DE's was more of the whole foods/unrefined ingredients health side. I like DE's cashew and ginger balls and her frozen chocolate chip cookies (so good with some Swedish Glace or the new Wicked Kitchen vanilla ice cream!), but don't really care for the energy bars or nut butter balls.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.