Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I cant believe her food range is still growing. Who is buying those tiny freezer meals for £3 a pop? They're mostly beans and so overpriced. I checked one and it was 270 Cals! In no way suitable for an adult as a meal. I'd need at least 3 on an inactive day for 1 meal.

Just chuck in a tomato, beans, onion and spices to make your own chilli for 95% cheaper and freeze it. Then you can get a proper portion.

Suspect 5 star reviews too, all done on the same day that don't sound like a real person.
Saw her new food in the local supermarket - they are really tiny portions. At first I thought they were aimed at babies/ toddlers, but they are for adults! Can’t see this range being that successful.

Reactions: 5
Oooh I don't follow her anymore so I had no idea about this scandal. Gross. She has serious problems if she thinks that is ok to market as an adult meal.

Reactions: 2
That's mad... Are people really going to fall for them? Especially seeing as you could whip up something yourself in the time they take to cook
Anyone who buys one of these deserves the biggest side eye

That's mad... Are people really going to fall for them? Especially seeing as you could whip up something yourself in the time they take to cook
Anyone who buys one of these deserves the biggest side eye
I hate the fact she has ready made meals out. I hope people see through her.

Reactions: 4
Another ‘influencer’ showing early weaning as well. YES, it’s only a couple of weeks early but the excuse she gave ‘well I’m busy when she turns 6 months so I’m doing it now but I’m aware advice is to wait’
I’m all for parents doing what works for them, BUT when your platform reaches thousands of people and you’re openly admitting you’re going against advice, why post it?! Why not take the photos/videos and wait a couple of weeks before posting them.
2 weeks isn’t a long time, but it’s nearly 10% of that babies entire life, what’s the harm in waiting (plus they don’t need to eat at bang on 6 months if she’s SO busy)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Completely agree with the weaning comments - for someone with such a huge platform and following to post something which is clearly against the advice from WHO and doctors/experts is a bit irresponsible. Like one of you said, she could have waited with posting these photos.
Re: her ready made meals: I bought one (when it was on sale in Tesco) - the tiny peck had three potato and spinach cakes. I normally like Ella’s recipes (some currys and stews were pretty tasty) but the ready made potato cakes were the most disgusting thing ever... looked nothing like the photo (I mean fair enough, ready meals never do!) and tasted vile - they were rubbery on the outside, and mushy on the inside - only tasted like curry powder and had an awful muddy colour - I couldn’t finish them and won’t waste my money anymore 😅

Reactions: 6
Despite her rip off ready meals and questionable publication of her weaning, she has made one very cute baby - such a sweetie

You'd think she would have researched weaning thoroughly and understand how it's all about ensuring a healthy gut later in life. I mean how busy can you actually be that you can't spare an hour to feed baby a bit of sweet potato? The reason why most mums and dads find themselves tired is because they put their kids first. Just cut something else from your day!

You'd think she would have researched weaning thoroughly and understand how it's all about ensuring a healthy gut later in life
I imagine shes chatted to a few people in a Chelsea wellness centre and considers herself an authority on it all.

Who needs the WHO now we have instagram gurus?

• Haha
Reactions: 8
You'd think she would have researched weaning thoroughly and understand how it's all about ensuring a healthy gut later in life. I mean how busy can you actually be that you can't spare an hour to feed baby a bit of sweet potato? The reason why most mums and dads find themselves tired is because they put their kids first. Just cut something else from your day!
especially as she can clearly afford help with anything and doesn't even need the money!

This is really pathetic but the way she stares at herself on her IG Stories is creepy AF. 100% loves herself
Screenshot_2020-01-18-08-05-39-237_com.instagram.android.jpg

This is really pathetic but the way she stares at herself on her IG Stories is creepy AF. 100% loves herself
View attachment 73313
THIS! I used to follow her and had to mute her story because it would just be her walking down the street grinning inanely at the camera and staring at herself. Then eventually I got fed up of her and unfollowed altogether. I wish she would acknowledge her privilege instead of pretending she is some humble girl who started out with a little blog. I also can't bear the story of how her and her husband moved in together after X hours, got engaged after X days etc. But I will say her baby is adorable.

Does anyone know what happened between her and Olivia Wollenberg? I get the impression Ella stole a product idea or something

So in one of her latest posts she is wearing a face mask and bottle feeding. Obviously she gets super defense about not breastfeeding anymore (I have little sympathy. It was because she was leaving baby with nanny all the time and therefore couldnt keep up with the expressing) and has deleted any comment from people asking why she was giving dairy formula- you know, considering she has commodified her while life based on an exclusive plant based diet... but doesn't delete comments from people advocating making homemade vegan formula! Is this girl for real! It is totally irresponsible for someone on her platform to keep those comments up. There is no instance in which a baby should be given homemade formula! Its sickening. She replied to some comments saying 'yes she will be vegan apart from the formula' 😆😆 I think consuming dairy is a pretty fundamental cornerstone of veganism.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I would have more respect for her if she just admitted that breastfeeding didn’t work as she went back to work early and tried to have it all: parenting and a career. She didn’t even need to go back I reckon: I get she loves her job but it’s not like she had to go back because money was tight. I happily had a year of maternity leave (and recognise the fact I was very lucky to be able to afford it - though it meant we had to be more frugal over the year) and didn’t care one bit about work and whether I was missing out etc. Babies are only little for a short time and you never get this time back. Work can wait.

Reactions: 10
I would have more respect for her if she just admitted that breastfeeding didn’t work as she went back to work early and tried to have it all: parenting and a career. She didn’t even need to go back I reckon: I get she loves her job but it’s not like she had to go back because money was tight. I happily had a year of maternity leave (and recognise the fact I was very lucky to be able to afford it - though it meant we had to be more frugal over the year) and didn’t care one bit about work and whether I was missing out etc. Babies are only little for a short time and you never get this time back. Work can wait.
Yes this is exactly what I think- which is why I have little sympathy. She didn't need to go back at like 4 weeks- she chose to. That's fine, but then I'm not going to buy the sob story about breastfeeding. Ultimately it was her choice.

Like you I took 12 months off with both my children and stepped back from my career. I have a decent job, but being there for my children was the priority. Obviously it's not always easy and many women do need to return back earlier. But this isn't DE- most women aren't prioritising work over baby at 4 weeks old.

I tried the Deliciously Ella Fudgy Chocolate Brownie yesterday as it was £2 on offer in Tesco.

It's a 3/10. The main ingredient is coconut sugar which isn't really any healthier than normal sugar, why didn't they use dates to get all that fibre in? The chia seeds haven't been ground up so has that funny texture, you're supposed to grind them to make a vegan egg replacement for cakes.

Taste was ok, but had unhealthy ingredients like sunflower oil. I've made far better brownies from just blending oats, dates, cocoa, vanilla and chia seeds for 90% cheaper.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.