Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also wish she’d just admit the nepotism. Her recipes show no real originality or talent.

Pregnant Ella is the most irritating yet. Maybe it’s unfair of me, as a woman who has given birth several times, to be annoyed but her airy fairy ‘I have total faith in my body and breathing and yoga and general virtue’ reaaally makes me roll my eyes. I anticipate Mother Ella is going to be even worse.
She seems even more unbearable while pregnant.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I've followed her from right at the beginning, bought all the cookbooks, read blogs, loved the food range she brought out, but pregnant Ella is so nauseating ive had to unfollow now. The first woman ever to have a baby 🙄, every post is related to the pregnancy. I followed for the diet/recipes/food not nearly naked pregnancy pictures etc etc, it's deviated too much from the original blog and insta and once she has the baby will obviously just be all about motherhood and that's not what I was there for

I have just unfollowed. Really used to like her account for food inspiration but like others I have not enjoyed her account during pregnancy. Her birth story was the final straw for me - it is great that she had such a positive experience but I can't help but think her account could be quite damaging for new mums. I like to think that I am quite resistant to the power of influencers (definitely found tattle at the right time as a first time mum) but even I started to doubt whether I had done things right because I hadn't done yoga every day, meditated, tried hypnobirthing, eaten clean, etc.
Quickly shook myself out of it but I am sure accounts like Ella will make plenty of women feel like failures because they didn't have the perfect birth experience.
Just wish these influencers/saleswomen would think more about the mental health effects of flogging a lifestyle that is impossible for the majority of us

• Heart
Reactions: 14
God, she seems at her most annoying right now and is that a gifted hypnobirth guru that she keeps tagging?

It’s really hard to put our birth experience into words. I hadn’t considered a home-birth before, it wasn’t something I really knew you could do. A friend sent me Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth when we got pregnant, which first got me thinking about it, we then heard so many phenomenally powerful experiences from you guys before meeting @kghypnobirthing and our independent midwife, who helped us understand a little more about hypnobirthing, water births and home-births and it just felt so right for us. I’d heard so many horror stories and had a lot of fear around the process, so I was really interested in exploring something a bit different if I could. It goes without saying that there’s no right or wrong way to bring a child into this world, all that matters is that they come into it safely, and we feel so lucky to have had a healthy pregnancy and been able to chose what we wanted to do. It was incredible though. The birth was intense, it’s certainly a physical experience, and I’ve never felt more powerful. I had a sense that she was coming on Friday and woke up to my waters breaking early on Saturday morning. We pottered around at home for a few hours, went to the farmers market, made breakfast, watched Notting Hill and then as it started to pick up we put our fave calming music on, lit candles, closed the curtains and filled the birth pool. About five hours later she shot into the world like a rocket, came out the water straight on to my chest where she fed for about an hour and a half while we waited for the placenta and our midwife checked we were both ok. I went totally into my own space during the birth, focusing on every sensation and visualising what was happening during it, thinking of each one as a wave. It’s a whole other level of surrendering and trusting your body totally, and we spent months focusing on letting go of fear, learning everything we could about birth, so that we felt as educated and informed about every step of the process and every decision along the way. Our doula took this and I saw it for the first time this morning, it says everything about that moment perfectly. It wasn’t easy but it was so powerful ❤

• Sick
I have just unfollowed. Really used to like her account for food inspiration but like others I have not enjoyed her account during pregnancy. Her birth story was the final straw for me - it is great that she had such a positive experience but I can't help but think her account could be quite damaging for new mums. I like to think that I am quite resistant to the power of influencers (definitely found tattle at the right time as a first time mum) but even I started to doubt whether I had done things right because I hadn't done yoga every day, meditated, tried hypnobirthing, eaten clean, etc.
Quickly shook myself out of it but I am sure accounts like Ella will make plenty of women feel like failures because they didn't have the perfect birth experience.
Just wish these influencers/saleswomen would think more about the mental health effects of flogging a lifestyle that is impossible for the majority of us
I thought the same as you. I’m happy for her that she had a perfect empowering home birth but do we need to know?

Did anyone ask her for the lowdown or was it essential for her brand to present it as a result of her lifestyle? (her very rich lifestyle it should be noted)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Did anyone ask or was it essential for her brand to present it as a result of her lifestyle? (her very rich lifestyle it should be noted)
You too can have a perfect home birth if you buy a £4 packet of muesli that's just oats with a sprinkling of dried fruit and seeds. :rolleyes:

Deliciously Ella products are so expensive for such basic ingredients that aren't even organic.

1 out of 5
Horrid!
The worst 'cereal' I've ever eaten or purchased. To charge £4 per box for something that is essentially ground down oats with very few sultana's and freeze dried raspberry pieces is scandalous. No taste and unless you put fruit, yoghurt with it then its just slop. I am a fan of Deliciously Ella but the products she is selling with her brand name are daylight robbery. Disappointing!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I also felt really bad for the mums who have had traumatic birth experiences, or their plans have been taken out of their control for airy fairyhead to divulge how perfect her experience was. I mean would she ever say that her axe wound is burning more than the sun right now, that having those first latching moments makes your toes curl to the back of your feet? Of course not. As someone with such a substantial following I think she should be more considerate in posting these type of things I’m glad it all went well for her but I can’t help but think it comes across as smug.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I am so over influencers sharing such detailed stories of their "perfect" births online. It must make some new mums feel awful. I don't have kids and it annoys me. I am also surprised by how many people are having home births for their first baby. That would be scary to me. What if something goes wrong? You can't just go into the operating theatre at home or have multiple blood transfusions, etc.. I know that people will say that hundreds of years ago, that is how women do it but hundreds of years ago maternal mortality rates were much higher and for that reason.

Reactions: 11
I am so over influencers sharing such detailed stories of their "perfect" births online. It must make some new mums feel awful. I don't have kids and it annoys me. I am also surprised by how many people are having home births for their first baby. That would be scary to me. What if something goes wrong? You can't just go into the operating theatre at home or have multiple blood transfusions, etc..
Can I just say I’m an older bird 😊and I was a first born , born at home too , back in the very late sixties. It was the done thing then.

I had all of mine in hospital because a bond birth is my idea of hell.

Can I just say I’m an older bird 😊and I was a first born , born at home too , back in the very late sixties. It was the done thing then.

I had all of mine in hospital because a bond birth is my idea of hell.
Hmm, I don't have many friends that have kids yet so maybe that is why I haven't heard of it apart from online.

Reactions: 1
Found her interesting initially when part of the clean eating fad but now finding her account nauseatingly annoying. Glad all went well with the baby, but please stop shoving your priveledged lifestyle and unrealistically happy relationship down our throats and keep that part of your life to yourself. Doesn't she realise that most women can't afford private doulas and personal midwives and can take to their bed for a week after giving birth....dear God, she's losing all sense of reality.

I love Ella but jeez the birthday stories and posts have left me with eye strain from rolling my eyes so much.
I don’t have kids however loads of my friends do, all had different approaches (all the drugs/natural/hypno birthing etc) but none had a bloody doula. Was your husband, who you spend most of your time with, and the midwife not sufficient?! Plus the dewy skinned, boho fab post water birth family pic......way to make every other mum feel inferior.....I don’t even look like that WITHOUT kids draining my bank account and sleep.

Reactions: 2
I did snigger slightly to read that she’s been in bed all week , tried to get up and felt dizzy so stayed in bed😁.

They are very rich and privileged and she clearly has a supportive Mum who is looking after her with Deliciously Ella snacks 🙄 and plant based meals.

• Haha
  • Heart
I did snigger slightly to read that she’s been in bed all week , tried to get up and felt dizzy so stayed in bed😁.

They are very rich and privileged and she clearly has a supportive Mum who is looking after her with Deliciously Ella snacks 🙄 and plant based meals.
💯 If I stayed in bed for a full week, I think I'd be dizzy when I finally got up 🙈😅

• Haha
💯 If I stayed in bed for a full week, I think I'd be dizzy when I finally got up 🙈😅
Well a Dr posted to say that it wasn’t a good idea to stay in bed for risk of thrombosis but she chose to ignore it and take advice from people she’s paid to advise her 🙈

Yel

Honestly smug ella and these eye rolling stories are the best content she's had for years. Beats all the stolen recipes

67135606_135039657712733_864604133073575697_n.jpg
66104150_899573743710681_7083352902485885173_n.jpg
66636360_403466430296737_2584795218782133191_n.jpg

• Sick
Yeah, didn't she say she was told to stay in bed for a week? That is the opposite of what I have heard from people I have known who have had babies. They've been encouraged to get up and move. Unless she had a bad injury, that seems like some old fashioned advice.

Is she going to feed her baby vegan...?

Honestly smug ella and these eye rolling stories are the best content she's had for years. Beats all the stolen recipes

View attachment 31235View attachment 31234View attachment 31233
Nice little push for her own brand. Shouldn't that be an #ad? She is so bleeping smug and annoying. She has a face that I want to slap.

For someone who claims to be environmentally conscious, she’s eating a lot of snacks wrapped in single use plastic. Some reusable breast pads would be a good idea too.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.