Deliciously Ella - Ella Mills Woodward and Plants By DE

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yes, all of the content can be found elsewhere.

but I think this is true for most apps and I thought the new look is really nice.
I made one of their breakfast recipes this morning and it was good.

if I dont use anything else this month I will just make note of a few recipes and cancel the subscription.

Reactions: 1
Is it just me who finds it so random how everything they own seems to have their names or initials on? 😂
They prob get gifted a shittt load of free stuff and they personalise it . A friend of mine is an Instagramer and gets loads of personalised items !

Reactions: 3
But if something has been gifted it should be declared to the audience, it’s not her personal account it’s a business one and that means she should be following ASA rules or else she’ll be reported and fined

How many "mama guilt" posts does she need before she actually makes a difference in her life? Either she doesn't actually care, or she's just trying to humble brag about how hard she works 🙄

Reactions: 9
How many "mama guilt" posts does she need before she actually makes a difference in her life? Either she doesn't actually care, or she's just trying to humble brag about how hard she works 🙄
Exactly. All the mum guilt posts and then she's spending all weekend at yoga training. Fine if that's what she wants to prioritize but then own it and don't keep pushing the mum guilt angle. Maybe it's a relatability ploy as opposed to what she really feels? I mean, as you say otherwise she would make some proper, sustained changes. Oh sorry, she did - not allowing replies to stories which apparently gave her some 'maternity leave'!

I wonder what her relationship with her parents was like, and what is playing out here with her weird attitude to her own kids.

Reactions: 8
Exactly. All the mum guilt posts and then she's spending all weekend at yoga training. Fine if that's what she wants to prioritize but then own it and don't keep pushing the mum guilt angle. Maybe it's a relatability ploy as opposed to what she really feels? I mean, as you say otherwise she would make some proper, sustained changes. Oh sorry, she did - not allowing replies to stories which apparently gave her some 'maternity leave'!
I agree she’s trying too hard to be relatable, she does that a lot and it makes it even more obvious that she’s not relatable! She probably spent a lot of time with a nanny as a child, maybe she doesn’t realise what the Mum role actually is!

Reactions: 6
Let’s be honest if she works full time , does yoga all weekend , does the evening dinner for insta content then in reality she’s not a hands on mum the kids are raised by the nanny. She’s minted so could take a bit of a step back from work or fully mind the kids on a wed and Friday for example …. But she doesn’t make that choice and then moans about mom guilt- spending an afternoon in the park with your kids isn’t balance … I think she is very far removed from what the average mother does as has so much help and was definitely raised the same way I would say

Reactions: 11
maybe part of it is like what a lot of mums feel, wanting to do it all but coming up short in everything. Except she is not like every mum, and if she wants to reduce her hours at work she has a nanny to fall back on, and she doesn’t have to commute ridiculous hours to work. And like others have said, if she wants to prioritise work then she can’t moan about the consequences of not seeing her children.

Reactions: 10
All of this “we work every hour we can” and “it has to be early in this house” oh duck off would you. It’s so damaging to say these things, ellas audience are likely quite vulnerable and overwhelmingly female. If they see that she’s getting “success” whilst working every hour they will compare themselves to her, and even if they’re working incredibly hard they likely won’t be at a comparable level.

This is due to the fact she was born into immeasurable money and business advice. That’s what’s got her where she is, not the fact that they’re wasting their youths and time with young children on this damaging folly.

No one else can do that.

It’s bad for mental health to see this on social media. For all that she claims to be trying to improve physical health this is awful for young women’s mental well-being and someone should have a word.

Unless, cynically, she’s doing this on purpose so that when people message saying they feel down she can direct them to her app, ergo more sales.
One hundred per cent this! 👏 👏👏
There is something cynical and exploitative underneath the wholesome twee image she tries (and fails) to portray.
This holier than thou holistic seeming sanctimonious preachy bs is exactly that!
A hypocritical con designed to fleece the insecure and vulnerable by giving them aspirations and snidely guilt tripping people into feeling both bad about themselves and yet hopeful that redemption is on hand by learning of the error of their ways and converting to clean eating and living!
It's just another variation on the I will purify you of your sins (gluttony making bad choices not being informed enough)!
Hey though don't despair Ella is on hand to show you the error of your ways!
For a price of course!
It's just marketed cognitive dissonance and Ella herself is hardly a very good advert for her lifestyle brand!
So for me despite some of her recipes being quite good (the cookbook) it's hardly worth getting gaslit for or that gnawing feeling of dissatisfaction or tapping into previously dormant neurosis!
Really she should be more mindful of what she puts out and the potential impact but then maybe being considerate would mean coming back down to earth and off her pedestal!
The supposed guilt she feels to me just comes across as someone greedy who is disappointed with themselves because they are accustomed to having things easy and now shock horror find out that they actually have to do some work!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
One hundred per cent this! 👏 👏👏
There is something cynical and exploitative underneath the wholesome twee image she tries (and fails) to portray.
This holier than thou holistic seeming sanctimonious preachy bs is exactly that!
A hypocritical con designed to fleece the insecure and vulnerable by giving them aspirations and snidely guilt tripping people into feeling both bad about themselves and yet hopeful that redemption is on hand by learning of the error of their ways and converting to clean eating and living!
It's just another variation on the I will purify you of your sins (gluttony making bad choices not being informed enough)!
Hey though don't despair Ella is on hand to show you the error of your ways!
For a price of course!
It's just marketed cognitive dissonance and Ella herself is hardly a very good advert for her lifestyle brand!
So for me despite some of her recipes being quite good (the cookbook) it's hardly worth getting gaslit for or that gnawing feeling of dissatisfaction or tapping into previously dormant neurosis!
Really she should be more mindful of what she puts out and the potential impact but then maybe being considerate would mean coming back down to earth and off her pedestal!
The supposed guilt she feels to me just comes across as someone greedy who is disappointed with themselves because they are accustomed to having things easy and now shock horror find out that they actually have to do some work!
Kind of OT but Interesting article today in the guardian about the link between the "wellness" trend and conspiracy theories etc https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...dark-side-of-wellness-how-it-all-got-so-toxic

• Heart
Can she go a day without posting about how hard she and/or her husband works and how ‘non stop’ their lives are?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Can she go a day without posting about how hard she and/or her husband works and how ‘non stop’ their lives are?
Exactly … she’s only 30 also she could have waited to have the second child til Skye was a bit older . I have a toddler skyes age and haven’t had number 2 yet simply because I’m working full time and can’t do it right now! If I did have 2 under 2 it would have been my choice though so I wouldn’t whinge about how busy it is …. She’s so irritating! We all know if we work and pop out two babies it’s a busy life …. Duh ! She wants the glory but not to do the parenting

Reactions: 13
she talks about having an hour of “me” time, yet she’s doing yoga for god knows how many hours a day, off to work and having a leisurely lunch break no doubt. She is so out of touch with reality.

Reactions: 12
she talks about having an hour of “me” time, yet she’s doing yoga for god knows how many hours a day, off to work and having a leisurely lunch break no doubt. She is so out of touch with reality.
yeah as if the weekend long course she has chosen to take is not "me time"

Reactions: 8
Exactly … she’s only 30 also she could have waited to have the second child til Skye was a bit older .
I have wondered why Ella had two babies in such quick succession - especially given her age. My SIL has a similar age gap between her kids, but the second one was very much not planned! I wonder if Ella's second baby was also unplanned? I don't know if she's ever spoken about this. Might be a controversial opinion, but it does strike me as a bit strange that given how she goes on and on about 'mum guilt' and 'working 24/7' and never having a minute to herself - that she then decided to add another child to the mix so soon. She acts as though she is really stretched thin with no time for anything. Of course we know this isn't true as Ella has all the help she could ever need (live-in nanny, I think, and I presume she has a cleaner) and will never have to worry about money ever. She needs to tone it down with the constant 'mum-guilt-don't-have-a-minute-to-myself' stuff etc. Knowing who she is, and who her family are, I don't think anyone is actually buying this!

It is also that she doesn't seem to be very organised and structured in her approach.

Why does she need to do the nutrition degree and the yoga teacher training a the same time? Shortly after opening a restaurant that gets - at best - mixed reviews? And at the same time buying back the business?

I think if it were me I would:
- Set the restaurant up for success. Taking reviews seriously and tackling the issues (service, prices, portions, taste).
- Employing a nutritionist first whilst pursuing the degree. ED is about food, so I would prioritise the degree in nutrition.
- I would de-prioritize the yoga teacher training as she already has teachers on her app, it is not the core focus of her business and I don't see what additional value it might add. It seems to be something that is more for her personally rather than the business, but if she has mom-guilt she could be content with just practicing yoga for now and doing the teacher training another time

I assumed the mum guilt and quality time posts were aimed at tattle, we’ve commented a lot on her prioritising the business before her children and I think it may have struck a nerve

It is also that she doesn't seem to be very organised and structured in her approach.

Why does she need to do the nutrition degree and the yoga teacher training a the same time? Shortly after opening a restaurant that gets - at best - mixed reviews? And at the same time buying back the business?

I think if it were me I would:
- Set the restaurant up for success. Taking reviews seriously and tackling the issues (service, prices, portions, taste).
- Employing a nutritionist first whilst pursuing the degree. ED is about food, so I would prioritise the degree in nutrition.
- I would de-prioritize the yoga teacher training as she already has teachers on her app, it is not the core focus of her business and I don't see what additional value it might add. It seems to be something that is more for her personally rather than the business, but if she has mom-guilt she could be content with just practicing yoga for now and doing the teacher training another time
She’s probably used to doing anything she wants to do whenever she wants to do it
I think most people would consider how it would impact their family before entering a degree or teacher training program, but why would Ella. Cleaner, live in nanny, she can have me time whenever she wants.
I wonder if she thinks all Mum’s have the luxury of waking up and thinking yep today I’m going to be a yoga teacher.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.