David Dobrik/vlog squad

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Between this week's episode of Frenemies and the puzzle scam, I really don't like this dude.
Welp there was an emergency Frenemies live stream podcast with Jeff from the Vlog Squad and SMH Jeff should have just stayed quiet but OMG David and the Dom guy terrible people. There was 150,000 people watching that live stream with Trisha and Ethan. I was shocked.

Reactions: 1
Iā€™ve always been aware of the vlog squad (since YouTube loved pushing them), but Iā€™ve never watched a single one of their videos (for a petty reason - their thumbnails never sat right with me). Iā€™ve only been paying attention for the last two days when the accusations came out, and as someone with basic empathy, Iā€™m appalled.

Jeffā€™s interview is a nightmare. Iā€™ve never liked Trisha Paytas (still donā€™t) but it was good to see how calm she was in the face of all his manipulation. Iā€™ve only ever seen one other interview that was as self-destructive as that. It really tells you all about the attitude towards SA within society, and that breaks my heart.

I didnā€™t watch Davidā€™s first apology for many of the reasons he stated in his second one. Posting it on channel with the smallest subscriber base was pathetic and cowardly, and there are very few meaningful things that can be said in a 2-3 minute video. His second is a lot better because he actually takes responsibility for the culture of his creation, posted it to his main channel and apologised for some of his actions.

That being said, I hope he reaches out to the victim(s) like he hinted he would. You canā€™t really make up for being complicit in something like that, but I hope they get whatever they need from him. I havenā€™t heard anything from Dom since the article came out. I donā€™t imagine he could have anything of use to say, but I want him to reap the consequences of his actions. Dom should get the worst punishment, but they are all owed their share of karma and must all take accountability for the role they played.

Reactions: 3
BBC world news

David Dobrik quits app after associate accused of rape
By Cristina Criddle
Technology reporter
Published15 hours ago
David Dobrik
IMAGE COPYRIGHTGETTY IMAGES
YouTube star David Dobrik has stepped down from an app he co-founded, following a rape allegation about his former associate.
One woman who appeared in a video on Mr Dobrikā€™s channel says she was raped by another person involved during filming.
Mr Dobrik, who has almost 19 million subscribers on the platform, denies any wrongdoing.
But the claim has led brands and investors to "sever ties" with the influencer.
Mr Dobrik rose to fame through prank videos, sometimes in collaboration with a number of other YouTubers called the Vlog Squad.
During the coronavirus pandemic, he stepped back from posting regularly on YouTube, in order to launch his own photo app Dispo.
A recent investigation published by Kat Tenbarge at the business news website Insider, detailed the womanā€™s account of rape in 2018 by a - now former - Vlog Squad member.
'Sever all ties'
Since the claims, support for the app and Mr Dobrik has collapsed.
Venture capital firm and a leading investor in the app, Spark Capital, announced it would ā€œsever all tiesā€ with the company.

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
View original tweet on Twitter
Mr Dobrik then announced he would step down from the board of Dispo ā€œto not distract from the companyā€™s growth,ā€ the Information news site reported.
As a YouTube influencer, Mr Dobrik made millions of dollars through sponsorship deals.
Hello Fresh, EA Sports and HBO Max are among brands to have dropped him.
The allegations
In the account, published in Insider, a woman alleged she was raped during the filming of a Vlog Squad video in 2018.
She reportedly says she was given alcohol despite being under the legal age of 21, and became drunk to the point of unconsciousness.
Later, she said she was involved in group sex which included a Vlog Squad member, when she was too intoxicated to consent.
The video - which does not explicitly show the alleged incident - was published on Mr Dobrikā€™s channel, and later removed.
"While our client is appalled by any misconduct attributed to [the former member of the Vlog Squad], assuming it is true, my client denies any wrongdoing," Mr Dobrikā€™s lawyer told Insider.
"Consent is something that's super, super-important to me," Mr Dobrik added via a recent video posted to one of his YouTube channels,
"Whether I am shooting with a friend, or I am shooting with a stranger, I make sure whatever video I am putting out, I have the approval from that person."
The accused former Vlog Squad member has not responded to requests for comment.
Police were not informed and no charges were filed against the alleged perpetrator, Insider said.

Reactions: 2
Watched the live with Trisha and Ethan that happened this evening about David's second apology. They made very good points as to why it appears to be a good apology but that they still don't believe it to be true and I agree.

The first apology was very short on his smallest channel was enough to say an apology exists but also not enough to draw huge attention.

The second apology comes as he has been dropped by pretty much everyone. He used many of the apology video tropes sitting on the ground, readjusting the camera, looking somewhat upset.

He is basically screwed all the attention is on him and the vlog squad. And now its all about damage control.

Whoever let Jeff to go on the frenimes podcast without even reading the full article has really messed up. He attempted to gaslight Trisha and bring up horrific things from her past. But then won't allow them to address his injury. I'm so glad she didn't take the bate.

I'm so glad she has Moses, hila and Ethan. She really has done so well redeeming herself with frenemies. Mises obviously makes her very happy and I'm glad she just seems to be in such a better place around actual grown ups.

The vlog squad is obviously massively toxic the fact she would make public videos to try to get there attention as they ignored her and just in general wernt very nice would affect anyone's MH and emotional stability.

The fact Jason txt her today to talk is ridiclous what an idiot to do that. What is she going to speak to u and say all is forgiven. I'm glad she hasn't replied and has no plans to.

David should have stayed away longer before making this video. But people will accept this apology and the next controversy will be here soon enough.

I bet James Charles is pretty happy at the mo tho cos people are distracted from all his stuff.

Reactions: 9
Watched the live with Trisha and Ethan that happened this evening about David's second apology. They made very good points as to why it appears to be a good apology but that they still don't believe it to be true and I agree.

The first apology was very short on his smallest channel was enough to say an apology exists but also not enough to draw huge attention.

The second apology comes as he has been dropped by pretty much everyone. He used many of the apology video tropes sitting on the ground, readjusting the camera, looking somewhat upset.

He is basically screwed all the attention is on him and the vlog squad. And now its all about damage control.

Whoever let Jeff to go on the frenimes podcast without even reading the full article has really messed up. He attempted to gaslight Trisha and bring up horrific things from her past. But then won't allow them to address his injury. I'm so glad she didn't take the bate.

I'm so glad she has Moses, hila and Ethan. She really has done so well redeeming herself with frenemies. Mises obviously makes her very happy and I'm glad she just seems to be in such a better place around actual grown ups.

The vlog squad is obviously massively toxic the fact she would make public videos to try to get there attention as they ignored her and just in general wernt very nice would affect anyone's MH and emotional stability.

The fact Jason txt her today to talk is ridiclous what an idiot to do that. What is she going to speak to u and say all is forgiven. I'm glad she hasn't replied and has no plans to.

David should have stayed away longer before making this video. But people will accept this apology and the next controversy will be here soon enough.

I bet James Charles is pretty happy at the mo tho cos people are distracted from all his stuff.
yep and so is Shane and Ryland too.

ETA: WOACB AKA Katie Joy too

BBC world news

David Dobrik quits app after associate accused of rape
By Cristina Criddle
Technology reporter
Published15 hours ago
David Dobrik
IMAGE COPYRIGHTGETTY IMAGES
YouTube star David Dobrik has stepped down from an app he co-founded, following a rape allegation about his former associate.
One woman who appeared in a video on Mr Dobrikā€™s channel says she was raped by another person involved during filming.
Mr Dobrik, who has almost 19 million subscribers on the platform, denies any wrongdoing.
But the claim has led brands and investors to "sever ties" with the influencer.
Mr Dobrik rose to fame through prank videos, sometimes in collaboration with a number of other YouTubers called the Vlog Squad.
During the coronavirus pandemic, he stepped back from posting regularly on YouTube, in order to launch his own photo app Dispo.
A recent investigation published by Kat Tenbarge at the business news website Insider, detailed the womanā€™s account of rape in 2018 by a - now former - Vlog Squad member.
'Sever all ties'
Since the claims, support for the app and Mr Dobrik has collapsed.
Venture capital firm and a leading investor in the app, Spark Capital, announced it would ā€œsever all tiesā€ with the company.

The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
View original tweet on Twitter
Mr Dobrik then announced he would step down from the board of Dispo ā€œto not distract from the companyā€™s growth,ā€ the Information news site reported.
As a YouTube influencer, Mr Dobrik made millions of dollars through sponsorship deals.
Hello Fresh, EA Sports and HBO Max are among brands to have dropped him.
The allegations
In the account, published in Insider, a woman alleged she was raped during the filming of a Vlog Squad video in 2018.
She reportedly says she was given alcohol despite being under the legal age of 21, and became drunk to the point of unconsciousness.
Later, she said she was involved in group sex which included a Vlog Squad member, when she was too intoxicated to consent.
The video - which does not explicitly show the alleged incident - was published on Mr Dobrikā€™s channel, and later removed.
"While our client is appalled by any misconduct attributed to [the former member of the Vlog Squad], assuming it is true, my client denies any wrongdoing," Mr Dobrikā€™s lawyer told Insider.
"Consent is something that's super, super-important to me," Mr Dobrik added via a recent video posted to one of his YouTube channels,
"Whether I am shooting with a friend, or I am shooting with a stranger, I make sure whatever video I am putting out, I have the approval from that person."
The accused former Vlog Squad member has not responded to requests for comment.
Police were not informed and no charges were filed against the alleged perpetrator, Insider said.
Casey Neistat is premiering a David Dobrik documentary at SXSW
South by SouthwestĀ® (SXSWĀ®) celebrates the convergence of tech, film, and music industries. Join us for SXSW 2022 from March 11-20 in Austin, Texas

This Doc will cover the two situations that happened in David's career the SA and the Jeff Wittek eye injury.

I just found out that Jeff and David have the same manager, SMH. That's is shocking to me. No wonder Jeff has never sued David yet. Jeff needs a new manager.

Casey Neistat was interviewed about the Film that he made on David about the SA and the Jeff situation

where the f can i watch this !!! i feel like iā€™m going to die not watching it hahaha
You have to buy a SXSW ONLINE REGISTRATION for $519 dollars
and here's the link and scroll down to the SXSW ONLINE REGISTRATION.

Casey said that he is looking for someone to pick up the doc some people think that it may get picked up but I'm not sure. Some people are upset about some of the things that were left out of the doc.

where the f can i watch this !!! i feel like iā€™m going to die not watching it hahaha
please disregard my last post, I just saw that it still has yet to be picked up. yikes

awhile back someone on twitter had tweeted out that it had been picked up but Casey never confirmed that so I thought that was strange.

here;s a link to an article from sept 15, 2022 that talked about it.

Does anyone here know about the status of the lawsuit that Jeff W. filed against Davd D. awhile back?

yes I know that these lawsuits can take years but is the lawsuit still active or have they settled out of court.