Dating in Lockdown #2 The audacity of men

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been texting with a guy who seems genuinely normal and interested (a good start 😂) and he asked if I want to meet next weekend for food and drinks 🍻
We were texting on Sunday night and he said if I can let him know which day is best on the weekend, he will book somewhere. I said I will let him know the next day and we carried on chatting. He stopped replying and this was okay as he mentioned he was at the pub with friends.

But then he never replied all day yesterday - I sent another text just to let him know Saturday works best for me - and he hasn’t even read it? And I’ve seen him online multiple times? Am I about to be ghosted lol🤯🤯

Oh god! This would turn me off completely but that’s just me 😂 was he tipsy? Because that’s probably the only excuse I’d maybe let off haha
I will never understand men 😂
Yep he was quite tipsy and I was not haha. He text me after saying that I didn't seem into his advances etc and then the next morning apologised for coming on so strong, tricky one

Reactions: 1
Nothing at all. I was on edge a little that night, but I never heard from him afterwards. It's as though it never happened. Bizzare!
Does it not put you off? Do you ever meet people in public places just to ensure you're safe?

Reactions: 3
Does it not put you off? Do you ever meet people in public places just to ensure you're safe?
It made me only give my full address to them when I see they have arrived on my street, instead of giving my house number straight away. Sometimes, I've met at their house and I like that better, especially as I'm nosey. Lol

Yep he was quite tipsy and I was not haha. He text me after saying that I didn't seem into his advances etc and then the next morning apologised for coming on so strong, tricky one
He obviously thinks that normal, I had a similar date and the conversation always had to go back to the same topic (you can guess) and it was such a waste of time.

I’ve started being deliberately difficult now, if someone wants to get to know me they can create the conversation.

Oh it’s not hours, we’re talking days or over a week sometimes 😂 and it’s not like the convo has fizzled out and he naturally stops texting because obviously that happens which is fine, it’s literally we’ll be texting back and forth and literally in the middle of a convo and he just doesn’t reply. And then like a week later he’ll be like hi what you doing and then the whole thing happens again 😂 hes clearly just not that into me which is fine, I wish he just wouldn’t text me in the first place and disrupt my aura hahaha
Don’t give him the satisfaction of a reply.

It made me only give my full address to them when I see they have arrived on my street, instead of giving my house number straight away. Sometimes, I've met at their house and I like that better, especially as I'm nosey. Lol
But having them arrive on your street doesn't imply your safety does it? They could still be a complete psycho, who happens to have arrived on your street.

Reactions: 4
I think we just want you to be safe and not end up on the 6pm news. After all, Ted Bundy and Andrew Cunanan were both attractive and very charming.

Reactions: 8
Omg yes you are being ghosted WHYYYYY DO THEY DO THIS
aw brill.. had a nice feeling about this one as well 😭 WHY are they like this hahaha

mhmm yeah, seems he is used to this and probably was taken aback that you weren’t so keen! I’d be wary about putting it down to first date nerves as he may only have one thing in mind annoyingly

long time lurker, loooove this thread! I met my current bf in lockdown 1 having been painfully single for 3 years, but still feel traumatised from online dating cant lie 😂

Aside from the classic lie about height (apparently if you're anywhere from 5'9 to 5'11, you're 6ft 🤷‍♀️😂) anyone ever been catfished?

• Haha
Aside from the classic lie about height (apparently if you're anywhere from 5'9 to 5'11, you're 6ft 🤷‍♀️😂) anyone ever been catfished?
Never catfished but I have met some men who really know how to take a good photo. They have not been unrecognisable from their photos but they have definitely been the worst and most unattractive version of who they portray in the photo

Some of the guys I have dated have been catfished though. More so with with women disguising their weight on the apps which I kind of feel sorry for them about

Reactions: 5
It is my turn to plan a date this weekend but it is supposed to rain... I was thinking a walk if it isn't, but then it'd probably be the pub again if it is... I don't mind the pub but I always find I am FREEZING sat outside even in a coat lol any other recommendations? Not at the stage where I'd be comfortable with bringing him around to my house yet

long time lurker, loooove this thread! I met my current bf in lockdown 1 having been painfully single for 3 years, but still feel traumatised from online dating cant lie 😂

I’ve never been catfished (I’m absolutely sure it will happen one day though, think I’ve just been lucky so far!) but I know a few people who are catfishes, one male and two female.

One of the women has been on apps using heavily filtered and flattering angle photos for AGES and very rarely, if ever, gets past a first date but can’t seem to work out why 🤦🏻‍♀️ She’s so bad that I once sent one of her Instagram grid pictures to our work group chat and not one person could identify her even though we see her every single day 🤣 I don’t know why people do it, it’s cruel and a waste of everyone’s time IMO.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I kind of was. At first I thought he'd been using old pics cos there was a slight similarity there but I now believe they were pics of his younger brother who was 10 years younger, 10 stone lighter and much cuter than the fecker I got landed with. It made me very anxious because you then can't believe anything they've told you to that point so I really felt like I was sitting across from a complete stranger. I bailed out after about 45 mins because he was rude and obnoxious to top it all off. I was furious afterwards because of the time and effort wasted. I think there has to be something really wrong with people to do this and then believe they won't get caught out

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I kind of was. At first I thought he'd been using old pics cos there was a slight similarity there but I now believe they were pics of his younger brother who was 10 years younger, 10 stone lighter and much cuter than the fecker I got landed with. It made me very anxious because you then can't believe anything they've told you to that point so I really felt like I was sitting across from a complete stranger. I bailed out after about 45 mins because he was rude and obnoxious to top it all off. I was furious afterwards because of the time and effort wasted. I think there has to be something really wrong with people to do this and then believe they won't get caught out
omg I so sorry this happened to you but why would anyone do something like this? Im sure the people using old photos somehow must think that’s how they still look but people using someone else’s photos entirely, what’s the point?

Reactions: 2
I rely on Snapchat to get a good idea of what people look like before I meet them.

I think some people that ghost are only killing time and giving themselves an ego boost until the next new person pops up. You can always tell when someone is genuinely keen so I tend to go by the ‘if they wanted to they would’ motto.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
This is why I always try and scope out their social media before getting too far into a conversation etc.

Must admit I have done this a few times as well 😬 If it’s just a hook up I feel way more comfortable at mine than going to someone else’s house. Also had one or two first/second dates at mine because I’m lazy lol and I like a chilled out date!
Me too! Once when a guy was on the way to mine for the first time, he was texting me about Ted Bundy and I started to panic slightly lol.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.